Expierence on celebrity

Lauderdale257

We are planning our honeymoon cruise. Out of all the cruises we have found, I think we're set on celebrity equinox, the 11 day. I've looked at many YouTube videos and I'm sold. However other than people saying they really enjoyed themselves... There was no indication on the level of service. I've only sailed carnival. Also is the concierge class worth the extra money? We're looking at the balcony right now, but would change in a heartbeat.

Just save a little money and get the balcony cabin. Concierge class is not worth anything extra except maybe being in a more desirable location. The afternoon canapes are not worth anything.

Just be sure your balcony cabin is unobstructed on all sides including the top.

Book the balcony and spend your savings(over Concierge) on ship. (Specialty dining, spa, etc)

Celebrity has less entertainment after 10pm than Carnival. It generally has a more sedate, sophisticated, or whatever word you would like to choose atmosphere than Carnival.

Service level? - no need on Celebrity to choose morning or evening room service. MDR - on Celebrity they most likely won't memorize your name.

Enjoy your cruise.

Agree with getting a balcony/veranda cabin. The service is definitely better than carnival. We enjoy the MDR and like second seating as the pace is slower. The servers work very hard and they learn my preferences within a day or two (name as well). Shrimp cocktail arrives with 6 shrimp and creme brulee arrives with small dish of dark chocolate syrup on the side.

Cruisers are a bit older on X, but Caribbean cruises tend to be a bit younger and the bar scene is much more active than on say a TA cruise.

We are planning our honeymoon cruise. Out of all the cruises we have found, I think we're set on celebrity equinox, the 11 day. I've looked at many YouTube videos and I'm sold. However other than people saying they really enjoyed themselves... There was no indication on the level of service. I've only sailed carnival. Also is the concierge class worth the extra money? We're looking at the balcony right now, but would change in a heartbeat.

If you sail in a balcony room on cruise #1 and a concierge class balcony room on cruise #2, if you were not otherwise told which was which, you would be hard pressed to guess it correctly after the fact. For all intents and purposes, there is no good reason to pay for the word "concierge." Your experience will not be different. They just add that name to the room and very little else happens.

- Joel

I've saile Concierge to get the location I wanted, the afternoon canapés were nice, but I could have called room service and got the same type of thing.

But for extra money the only reason I'd book it is to get the location I wanted, if location doesn't bother you go a balcony.

Service is spectacular.

Try to get a 1B cabin on the hump near the mid ship lifts they are great.

Shrimp cocktail arrives with 6 shrimp and creme brulee arrives with small dish of dark chocolate syrup on the side.

Boy, were you lucky!! Last week there were only 4 small shrimp in the shrimp cocktail, and the creme brulee arrived runny and undercooked, with no syrup on the side.

We went Concierge class for our honeymoon last year but didn't really make use of the little extras - I don't think we were ever around for the canapes and because we were in the Caribbean we swapped out the towelling bathrobes for the plain old waffle ones. We're booking balcony next time around and don't imagine we'll notice any difference at all.

..... Shrimp cocktail arrives with 6 shrimp and creme brulee arrives with small dish of dark chocolate syrup on the side.

Boy, were you lucky!! Last week there were only 4 small shrimp in the shrimp cocktail, and the creme brulee arrived runny and undercooked, with no syrup on the side.

I also have never seen six shrimp in the shrimp cocktails; it has always been four. We've never seen the standard creme brûlée served with some sort of chocolate syrup -- possibly some sort of special of the night?

But back to the OP's question regarding concierge class versus a balcony stateroom. On a S-class ship the cabin size of a concierge stateroom is essentially the same as a veranda stateroom, but on a M-class ship the concierge staterooms are slightly larger than a veranda. The Equinox is a S-class ship.

The only reasons to book Concierge Class over plain ol' balcony are if you want a particular location (for example, an aft cabin) or if you want to build up extra "frequent flyer" points with Captain's Club to get to elite status and its perks faster. If it's your first Celebrity cruise you are not likely to be worrying about elite status yet because you don't even know if you'll like the cruiseline...

I guess if you really really want room service breakfast options that include smoothies (and I think there are a couple of other additional items on the room service breakfast menu for CC) it might be worth paying for Concierge Class... :)

But unless the price for CC is lower than or just barely above a balcony, I agree with everyone else that the balcony is the right choice for you.

We started doing concierge to get the extra points bee do it now because we like the location of the cabins & expanded room service menus. Personal preference totally

Edited by awhfy

We have just returned from the 11-night Equinox Western Caribbean cruise. I would venture a guess that the typical passenger on board was a minimum of 65 years old. Some had to be in their late eighties or ninties. I, myself, am 72 years old.

I saw about six children on board of whom about half were infants. I did see a few young people who looked like they might be honey mooners. Much of the crew is quite young except for senior ranking officers and staff.

We usually book a Concierge Class room, but I agree with the others here who say book a regular balcony and spend the money you will save on excursions or specialty restaurants. Not only does the CC class cost more, you will have to pay higher tips to your room steward and his/her assistant.

Compared to Carnival Celebrity is much more grow up. If you are looking for a quiet honeymoon, excellent choice! For a party time - book RCCL or one of the new NCL ships.

Celebrity ships are no party boats but much more stylish. However, without being boring or posh - for us Celebrity is the perfect mix. The Solstice class is our favorite class of ships. But then again, everyone has different expectations.

As others before me have said, Concierge class has a fancy name - but no real perks. We booked Aqua class on our first Celebrity cruise and we are hooked ever since - because of the Blu restaurant. My advice: book a regular balcony for the price or spoil yourselves in AQ - skip Concierge.

If you like to see more about life on board, click on one of the links to our reviews below.

Whatever you decide... have fun!!!!

Try to get a 1B cabin on the hump near the mid ship lifts they are great.

I favour 1A, huge balcony.

Even though they are close to the lifts, I have never heard any noise, as there is a sliding door separating the lift access from the accommodation corridor.

Never been in any higher cabin grade.