End of cruise evaluation questionnaire?

fann1sh

Questionnaires are sent to your email address shortly after you disembark. They are still important to everyone - and they are time sensitive. They are only read if returned within a few days of disembarkation (which can be an issue if you continue to travel in places without good internet access).

They apparently are read - after our last cruise I got a personal acknowledgment from HAL that even mentioned the couple of issues on the ship that I had criticized and made suggestions for improvements.

I always fill out my survey. DH hasn't -- until this last cruise. He spent 1/2 hour filling it out.

There were some negatives -- never heard from HAL about any of the issues we mentioned.

And the same thing happened when we filled out the surveys on the ship.

I do not believe that HAL reads them all. It would take way too long to read them all.

The problem about the fact that they are time sensitive is that if you do a B2B by the time you get home the one from the first portion has already expired. HAL must read them because when we boarded on our last cruise there was a letter in our cabin saying that they hoped that the problem from our previous cruise that I commented on had been fixed to our satisfaction. We always mention names of the people who have given us good service.

Allan

The problem about the fact that they are time sensitive is that if you do a B2B by the time you get home the one from the first portion has already expired. HAL must read them because when we boarded on our last cruise there was a letter in our cabin saying that they hoped that the problem from our previous cruise that I commented on had been fixed to our satisfaction. We always mention names of the people who have given us good service.

Allan

we have the same issue as to the time sensitivity of the questionnaires/evaluations.

We always mention the names of the people as well. We have understood it means a lot to them.

Edited by kazu

Allan

I've never had this issue from a collectors cruise which is a b2b. I guess it's different if it's a plain b2b. On the collectors you only get one survey.

The problem about the fact that they are time sensitive is that if you do a B2B by the time you get home the one from the first portion has already expired.

Agreed. I had four consecutive cruises, booked on three different numbers, and missed the opportunity to complete the survey on the first two bookings. I was able to do the last survey.

I couldn't even do them on board as the Internet was so awful. Most of the time I couldn't access my e-mail!

Since there were plenty of opportunities for additional comments, I used those areas to say what needed to be said in the earlier surveys. I was very clear about my embarkation port, and the problems there. I made some suggestions for improvement not only there, but that could apply to many other ports.

That's about the best way to handle multiple surveys for consecutive cruises.

This is only a guess on my part, but from my experiences. For my recent 55 day Volendam cruise I was extremely pleased with all but two of the specific questions asked. For those I marked them at the mid-range of the scoring options. For these items I also wrote several sentenses of comments. Now, I also wrote some comments about several other questions, although they did get high marks.

Within 4 days of my sending the survey I received an email from HAL asking me to provide more information about my responses to the two items I marked mid-range, and only those.

I suspect the computer flagged the two items marked very differently than the rest and someone read the flagged items and responded. A human had to be involved to read my very specific comments to craft the follow-up questions, but it was probably too quick, IMO, for someone to have actually read my whole survey considering the hundreds they receive each day.

I always fill out my survey. DH hasn't -- until this last cruise. He spent 1/2 hour filling it out.

There were some negatives -- never heard from HAL about any of the issues we mentioned.

And the same thing happened when we filled out the surveys on the ship.

I do not believe that HAL reads them all. It would take way too long to read them all.

I have to say that we have found the opposite.

I had a small complaint on the ship and sent in one of the cards. I had a phone call from the Hotel Manager within a day or so and everything was attended to immediately with a follow up phone call.

We also received a reply to our survey as well.

I have to say that we have found the opposite.

I had a small complaint on the ship and sent in one of the cards. I had a phone call from the Hotel Manager within a day or so and everything was attended to immediately with a follow up phone call.

We also received a reply to our survey as well.

The comment cards on the ship do seem to get addressed.. I believe KK is referring to the surveys that used to be completed on board a few years ago before they came up with the electronic version.