Super Bowl 2016

Golfisabeach

Another NFL football fan!!

Football, the playoffs and the Super Bowl at sea have been a major part of our winter cruises for years since we first watched Super Bowl 2005 on the Grand Princess on that new things called MUTS.

I have several blog posts about how the playoffs and Super Bowl are handled on board that you might me interested in.

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/search/label/Football

We will be on the Regal for kickoff as well. We HOPE to see some Wilson to Wagner action and Beast Mode back on the field. Although that will mean an additional suitcase for my 12 flag, special shoes, jersey, pants, socks, jacket..you get the drift.

Whatever teams are there, we will be there will bells on.

I have been to one super bowl party on a ship. It was really nice but there were blank spots in the telecast where local stations inserted their commercials. You will see the game and national commercials only. They set up tables with a big selection of finger food next to the pool area and the bar servers were kept busy. The game was also on in the theater minus the food of course. Needless to say it was well attended. We were in the southern Caribbean so it was warm.

Last year on the Grand Princess, the Seattle Seahawk fans were set up in Club Fusion (with lots of tailgate food) suitably decorated with LOTS of Blue and Green.. Explorer Lounge was set up for Patriot fans (also decorated and with food) .. MUTS was set up for fans of BOTH teams, Churchills Lounge had the game on for anyone and it was also shown in the cabins, with snacks available through room service.. Princess does it up right!:D

I have been to one super bowl party on a ship. It was really nice but there were blank spots in the telecast where local stations inserted their commercials. You will see the game and national commercials only.

It's gotten a lot better. Our first MUTS Super Bowl broadcast in 2005 on the contained no commercials at all, and no half time, and I did feel like we missed out on part of the entertainment value of the game. Instead, we could hear the commentators discussing things amongst themselves. Actually, that was pretty interesting in itself.

But now we get commercials about international sports, and those are entertaining too.

On the Emerald in 2014 the Super Bowl party started on MUTS around 3pm with the showing of the movie The Blind Side. The seating was packed and you had to sit there for a long time to save your place. The Super Bowl on that cruise was not shown on cabin TV's, I think it had to do with the license. It was shown in Club Fusion, Skywalkers and I believe also Explorer's Lounge.

Now to the Regal. It will be shown on MUTS. It may also air on screen in the Vista Lounge and maybe even the Princess Theater. If you are lucky maybe they will air it in your cabin. There are no other locations on the ship, like there are on the Grand Class ships.

• 1 month later...

In 2011, we were on the Golden and watched the Packers beet the Steelers. The Cheese Heads were in Club Fusion while the Steeler fans were set up in the Explorers lounge. The game however was not broadcast to individual cabins. When I asked why, I was told the type of licensing Princess had did not allow them to broadcast it to individual cabins.....

Bob

Yes, they will show it on Muts. They will have a Super Party with food and fun. Show up early to get a good seat.

Somewhere shortly after lunch probably. :D ....and don't leave your seat unattended for more than a bathroom break.

Edited by floridalover5623