First time cruiser here! February on Carnival Breeze!

UsborneCrystalClear

Anyone here going on that same cruise? My family, which consists of my husband and 3 kids will be there.

I know almost nothing about what to expect.

Food? Is it included in the price? I hear you can eat whenever you like, is that true? What do you do besides eat and get some sun on the deck?

What are do's and don't's? (we don't drink or gamble:))

Is there a packing list anywhere??

I am so excited! This trip is our Christmas and are super excited to see the kids' reactions on Christmas morn!!

My first cruise (as an adult) was also on the Breeze! I loved the Breeze and we are sailing on her again in March.

All food is included with a few minor exceptions. The Red Frog Rum Bar offers a few appetizers for a small charge (I think $3 each) and there are few items on the room service menu that you have to pay for. You can order Room Service 24 hours a day and most items on the menu are free, but you do have to pay for a few things (this is a new policy). There are also two specialty restaurants that you can make a dinner reservation at which charge $35 per person. Otherwise, all the food is included and there are tons of options - main dining room, buffet, Guy's Burgers and Fries, Blue Iguana, Taste Bar. You won't go hungry.

There's lots to do on board besides the pool. Too much to list really, once you get on board, explore the ship. You'll get a "Fun Times" flyer every day that lists all the activities happening on board. There's something for everyone and you won't be bored.

There are some very exhaustive packing lists on here. You'll want to bring casual clothes for port days, bathing suits and cover-ups for days at sea, and dressy outfits for the two Formal Nights if you'll be eating the Dining Room.

There are lots of Breeze reviews in the Carnival forum on this site - I would check those out to get a good idea of the ship and all it has to offer. You will love it!

As I am new to this site, will someone post the link for the carnival breeze thread? TIA!!

FORMAL wear? Yikes. I don't think I even own anything formal. What about churchy dress? ;)

There is no Carnival Breeze thread. there is a whole board here for Carnival cruises. Go back to the main boards page and click on Carnival under Cruise Lines A-O. Ask you Carnival questions there.

To 'meet' others sailing with you, back on that main boards page, scroll down to ROLL CALLS. Click on Carnival, then Carnival Breeze, and look for a thread with the dates for your sailing. Join in the conversation. EM

Your Roll Call will be one of these:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/?cruise_line_id=8&ship_id=609&sailing_date=201602

Here is a search of this "board" (First-time Cruisers) for "packing list" -- this thread is on it, since you asked using that term! Scroll down and find threads with titles like "Ultimate Packing List". You will not want all the things on those lists! You would need a trunk apiece for some of those lists! But they can give you somewhere to start.

There is also a Beauty and Fashion forum, with at least one on-going thread for "Caribbean Fashionista" if that is of interest.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1356133

I just noticed Ultimate Packing List thread on that board, too:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289853

For a 7 day cruise, you don't want to spend time hand-washing clothes like I did on my 26-day TransAtlantic. Either take enough options you don't have to worry about laundry, or take things that can be sent to the ship's laundry (where some say everything is washed AND dried on HOT, I've never risked it) OR budget for drycleaning, which is not more than any hotel and not much more than our city cleaners.