quick regal review 12/13-20 2015

BuzzF117

sitting at fll this morning after week on Regal Princess with our college age kids and wanted to post some quick thoughts.

Staff

they were great especially Dragan (his real name) in Crown grill this was our first visit to the crown grill even though we have cruised 3 previous times with princess, he was by far the best waiter we have ever had on princess.

I did feel the ship was under staffed and the wait staff was stretched thin.

Food

The food this trip was far superior to previous princess cruises and I thought the food was great before this was just better.

Ship

My only complaint is the stairs near the piazza elevators only go up to deck 7 once you get the hang of the shp layout it's not a problem. loved Alfredo and the International cafe in the piazza

Fellow cruisers

this is were I had issues, if your such a grumpy person you don't have the ability to just be nice and polite to staff and other cruisers just stay home sheesh we witnessed an older women berate her steward because she didn't have enough storage space in her cabin and told steward to remove the bedding stored under the beds. If you don't have enough storage space your bringing to much stuff.

More later

Buzz

sitting at fll this morning after week on Regal Princess with our college age kids and wanted to post some quick thoughts.

Staff

they were great especially Dragan (his real name) in Crown grill this was our first visit to the crown grill even though we have cruised 3 previous times with princess, he was by far the best waiter we have ever had on princess.

Fellow cruisers

this is were I had issues, if your such a grumpy person you don't have the ability to just be nice and polite to staff and other cruisers just stay home sheesh we witnessed an older women berate her steward because she didn't have enough storage space in her cabin and told steward to remove the bedding stored under the beds. If you don't have enough storage space your bringing to much stuff.

More later

Buzz

We had Dragan last week as well and I agree with you. One of the best servers we have ever had in all of our cruises.

Re: the people. I encourage you to go read my review after I got off the ship the day you boarded. We encountered much of the same. My fear is that as I get older, I won't be able to tolerate these people as well as I do today and even today I have a hard time doing so. There may come the day I decide to give one of them the same berating they seem so comfortable dishing out.

Ugly!!

Thanks for your comments.

Nasty people are everywhere........

True, but its especially annoying when they are berating someone who wont fight back for fear of losing their job. In only three cruises I saw that way too many times. The bullies always choose someone who wont or cannot fight back. Makes me sick to my stomach.

We also were on this cruise, and it was wonderful. Second time on Regal and it was just as great as the first. Will be going on her again in Jan. Can't wait. Just washing our stuff and repacking it.

I just pray that the PAX who they brought to Grand Turk will be OK.

Edited by geocruiser

Staff

I did feel the ship was under staffed and the wait staff was stretched thin.

Food

The food this trip was far superior to previous princess cruises and I thought the food was great before this was just better.

Ship

My only complaint is the stairs near the piazza elevators only go up to deck 7 once you get the hang of the shp layout it's not a problem. loved Alfredo and the International cafe in the piazza

Fellow cruisers

More later

Buzz

Thanks so much for your review. We are booked for June and looking forward to it. Have heard some negative stuff so this is a balance.

I agree about cranky people, I too am of an age where I no longer want to stand by and listen to these bullies. I call them on it and I can cope with whatever I get back. Have you ever had such smiling and helpful room attendants, waiters anywhere else? I have cruised on a few different lines and always found 99% of staff great. As someone once said you get back what you give.

Thanks for the review Buzz. We're on the 1/3 Regal E. Caribbean cruise. We also have 2 college-age kids with us. Any activities that you're 2 especially enjoyed?

Nothing really our kids are very laid back and our son spent most of his time sleeping since he just finished finals and wrapping a senior design project for his engineering degree. What they did enjoy was the MUTTS in the evening and just not having the pressure of school.

We also were on this cruise, and it was wonderful. Second time on Regal and it was just as great as the first. Will be going on her again in Jan. Can't wait. Just washing our stuff and repacking it.

I just pray that the PAX who they brought to Grand Turk will be OK.

My wife and I must be some kind of omen for interesting cruise happenings we were on the Crown couple yrs ago and they plucked a man from the Florida straights who had been floating on a piece of Styrofoam for 6 days trying to get to FLA

My wife and I must be some kind of omen for interesting cruise happenings we were on the Crown couple yrs ago and they plucked a man from the Florida straights who had been floating on a piece of Styrofoam for 6 days trying to get to FLA

Wow, six days in the ocean! That had to be something to watch. I hope he was OK.

Just off Regal today and the porter took us and our bags to the area for independent/private pick-up as my brother was driving to collect us. A 45 min. + wait). My Mother, who is 84, went to sit on one of the few benches in that area, while I stood with our luggage at the curb and the woman sitting next to the empty spot proceeded to tell her no and placed her hand on the spot and saying she was saving it for her grand-son. I proceeded to walk my Mother right back over and told the woman (certainly NOT a lady), that my Mother WOULD be sitting there, and she went berserk saying that we should have "asked" her. Her grandson eventually did show up. A healthy teen no less. But I was absolutely amazed at the number of people who occupied the benches allowing their teens and pre-teens to sit there playing on their phones and not ONE offering their seats to their elders!

We were also on the 12/13 - 12/20 Regal princess cruise and thought that some of the "adult" behavior was uncalled for. Sadly, it's becoming more commonplace and a cruise is a microcosm of society.

The pushing and shoving, "me first," was akin to kindergarten behavior. We witnessed some passengers who walked slowly or using an assistive device, being pushed aside.While boarding the ship, one woman loudly said to an elderly couple, "I'm Elite, out of my way." DH turned to this woman and said, "Oh, is Elite a new name for rude?" with eye contact that left her seething.

I avoid elevators primarily to "exercise" using the stairs and to avoid the nasty behavior, but also to allow for those who need access. My Mom was in a wheel chair for the last 5 years of her life, so I've seen it all. One night, an elderly woman was trying to access and elevator with her rollator and being pushed back by very able and younger people. I decided to help, stepped ahead to block others and got her into the elevator, though not facing forward and decided to stay with her. Sure enough, 5 decks later, passengers on the elevator tried to push her backwards to exit. I grabbed the rollator handle to prevent the woman from falling.

Ah, the "laundry lizards" had taken over ownership of the machines one day at sea. No sooner had I walked into the laundry, I was greeted with, "Don't you dare touch MY hangers" by two women who looked like the women guards in the Hermitage. These two had lined up hangers on the metal rack by the ironing boards, and sat guard over their machines. I said, "Gee, I have similar hangers in my room, why would I want yours?" Rather than deal with either of them, I decided to do laundry later in the day.

Yes, the behavior continued even after we left the ship in FLL. Port security was making a very good effort to keep the taxi process moving and organizing passengers based on group size and taxi/van need. I even heard one man say to the security woman that he was Elite - she said, "Not on my sidewalk, get back!"

Yes, lots of pushing and shoving to access the tenders. We avoid the immediate pool area and find a shaded spot elsewhere to avoid the towel droppers. Grouchy complainers over trivial matters were in force at passenger services.

Maybe Princess needs to add a new activity on Patters - polite behavior lessons. And on the bar menu, a daily drink named of civility.

Darcy

We were also on the 12/13 - 12/20 Regal princess cruise and thought that some of the "adult" behavior was uncalled for. Sadly, it's becoming more commonplace and a cruise is a microcosm of society.

The pushing and shoving, "me first," was akin to kindergarten behavior. We witnessed some passengers who walked slowly or using an assistive device, being pushed aside.While boarding the ship, one woman loudly said to an elderly couple, "I'm Elite, out of my way." DH turned to this woman and said, "Oh, is Elite a new name for rude?" with eye contact that left her seething.

I avoid elevators primarily to "exercise" using the stairs and to avoid the nasty behavior, but also to allow for those who need access. My Mom was in a wheel chair for the last 5 years of her life, so I've seen it all. One night, an elderly woman was trying to access and elevator with her rollator and being pushed back by very able and younger people. I decided to help, stepped ahead to block others and got her into the elevator, though not facing forward and decided to stay with her. Sure enough, 5 decks later, passengers on the elevator tried to push her backwards to exit. I grabbed the rollator handle to prevent the woman from falling.

Ah, the "laundry lizards" had taken over ownership of the machines one day at sea. No sooner had I walked into the laundry, I was greeted with, "Don't you dare touch MY hangers" by two women who looked like the women guards in the Hermitage. These two had lined up hangers on the metal rack by the ironing boards, and sat guard over their machines. I said, "Gee, I have similar hangers in my room, why would I want yours?" Rather than deal with either of them, I decided to do laundry later in the day.

Yes, the behavior continued even after we left the ship in FLL. Port security was making a very good effort to keep the taxi process moving and organizing passengers based on group size and taxi/van need. I even heard one man say to the security woman that he was Elite - she said, "Not on my sidewalk, get back!"

Yes, lots of pushing and shoving to access the tenders. We avoid the immediate pool area and find a shaded spot elsewhere to avoid the towel droppers. Grouchy complainers over trivial matters were in force at passenger services.

Maybe Princess needs to add a new activity on Patters - polite behavior lessons. And on the bar menu, a daily drink named of civility.

Darcy

10828987125_c9d28e5512.jpg

I couldn't have said it any better.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Just off Regal today and the porter took us and our bags to the area for independent/private pick-up as my brother was driving to collect us. A 45 min. + wait). My Mother, who is 84, went to sit on one of the few benches in that area, while I stood with our luggage at the curb and the woman sitting next to the empty spot proceeded to tell her no and placed her hand on the spot and saying she was saving it for her grand-son. I proceeded to walk my Mother right back over and told the woman (certainly NOT a lady), that my Mother WOULD be sitting there, and she went berserk saying that we should have "asked" her. Her grandson eventually did show up. A healthy teen no less. But I was absolutely amazed at the number of people who occupied the benches allowing their teens and pre-teens to sit there playing on their phones and not ONE offering their seats to their elders!

HORRIBLE! I hate what our society has become.....

Not a fan of either or we are humans act like one. In todays society its all about them and nobody else. My other favourite is holding the door open for someone and they cant even say thank you after they go thru.