Royal charging me $900 more after final payment

Never have I experienced this.

I am on the phone as we speak.

I made final payment, printed off the confirmation email ( thank goodness!) and completed my online check in. I printed that as well.

I logged back in an hour or so later to see a $915 balance due!!!

What???

And it says online check in status not complete.

No one can seem to figure out what is going on.

The total they say is now owing is actually EXACTLY the total of the discounts I received with the BOGO, which are no longer showing online. It appears the discounts are now gone from my completed reservation.

Waiting on hold......:confused::confused:

That has happened to me on a couple of bookings. For some reason when you go into the reservation online it reprices itself and takes off all the discounts and promos. They will be able to fix it on the phone for you. Beware though it could happen again if you access the reservation online. I had 1 booking that did it three times

Edited by molly361

Omg!!!!

She is telling me I don't have any onboard credit!!!

I have $200 onboard credit ( no refundable from my booking)

Also $2000 added through gift and gear!!!

Omg!!!!

How can this happen?????

Thank goodness I have print outs of everything, but omg this is ridiculous!

Edited by son3cruisers

?

Maybe because people on here seem to know more then Royals customer service!

Well, give us your full names, booking number, cc number, etc. and maybe someone from here will call in:rolleyes:

Or you can give rci a chance to fix it

Edited by setsail

Why Are you asking us? Why don't you wait till the drama is over and then post:confused:

That has happened to me on a couple of bookings. For some reason when you go into the reservation online it reprices itself and takes off all the discounts and promos. They will be able to fix it on the phone for you. Beware though it could happen again if you access the reservation online. I had 1 booking that did it three times

Why so hard on the OP? He is looking for help from anyone who might have experienced this before and what the resolution might have been. I have read about this is the past and obviously it has happened again. Molly has been able to provide some help, and that is what these boards are for.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Why so hard on the OP? He is looking for help from anyone who might have experienced this before and what the resolution might have been. I have read about this is the past and obviously it has happened again. Molly has been able to provide some help, and that is what these boards are for.

Exactly! I can't imagine what would have happened if I didn't have the copies I made.

I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Never mind!!!!

Edited by molly361

By telling OP it happened to me that's being hard on them?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Molly, you missed what I was getting at. Set sail was the one that was hard, you were the one that gave advice to help.

Sorry for the confusion, as I was stating (not as effectively as I could have) that you were helping.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Molly, you missed what I was getting at. Set sail was the one that was hard, you were the one that gave advice to help.

OOPSS Sorry:D

Not that it helps OP but I have a CC friend, also from Canada that had all his OBC drop off mysteriously. He got it fixed.

Edited by molly361

Why? Because it seems that the growing trend on this board is an increasing number of sarcastic posters taking cheap shots at well-meaning people.

OOPSS Sorry:D

Not that it helps OP but I have a CC friend, also from Canada that had all his OBC drop off mysteriously. He got it fixed.

Molly I'm still waiting!

I am not hanging up until I see a confirmation email that is correct!

Thank you for not making snarky comments. Besides wanting some info from others who this might have happened to, I think I just needed to vent!

What else can I do since I've been on hold, forever!!

Edited by son3cruisers

Why? Because it seems that the growing trend on this board is an increasing number of sarcastic posters taking cheap shots at well-meaning people.

Sad but true.

OP, there is a service history that should reveal everyone that touched your reservation; via your phone calls to Royal or you logging on to make payment via royalcaribbean .com. If you had onboard credit from a promotion, they should be able to see that at the initial time of the booking, and as well should be able to see the gifts & gear gifts. Not sure that helps, hope it does and good luck, I hope everything works out!

Molly I'm still waiting!

I am not hanging up until I see a confirmation email that is correct!

Thank you for not making snarky comments. Besides wanting some info from others who this might have happened to, I think I just needed to vent!

Something very similar happened to one of my bookings. Hang in there, it might take some time but it will be corrected. (Like I said above, there is a 'service history' for every rep to read through, by date...they can backtrack) I just hope it doesn't happen again to your reservation if you go back in to add anything!!

I got to the port once, went all the way to the counter to get our sea pass cards and was told that I owed $1,800 more. :eek: We had all our print outs, which we gave to them. After a few minutes they found that they had crossed reservations numbers with someone else.

Happened to me on a couple of bookings also. Price difference ran from 20 bucks to over 700 bucks on one booking. Called RCI CS and they were able to fix it, no big deal. Some computer glitch when they did an upgrade.

I was not worried as I had all of my original booking confirmations printed out when I first booked the sail dates. Just wanted them to fix the mistake on their end, which took them some time, but the important thing was it was indeed corrected. It was more of a hassle for them than for me.

As they say "get it in writing". ;)

Edited by island lady

It kept happening to our booking, also BOGOH and with a Future Cruise Certificate. This was allowed in the terms and conditions at that time.

When I logged on after final payment there would be another email sent with a due balance (the discount for the BOGOH). This happened several times.

Had no trouble getting the balance rectified but it kept happening. I did need to ask for a supervisor though as I was told an assortment of reasons why I owed the balance.

Someone finally rectified it again and told me not go online to my cruises. No further balances received. RCI emailed documents etc. Luckily I also had a setsail pass printed earlier.

When going to embark, I took a trail of correspondence just in case - but it wasn't needed as the earlier printed setsail was fine.

Am I right in thinking that the obc that you purchase does not show on your reservation? It will show on your sea pass account a day or two into the cruise?

Within the past few months I have seen purchased OBC show ON confirmations as well as when you log on to your cruise planner. Yes, it appears on your on board account on the first full day at sea.