Wine of the Day

little britain

Journey on July 3rd has a great set of ports , too, as well as some great promotions.

By the way, the last night on Journey, two days ago, the red wine of the day was a wonderful Chianti. I hope to see that again.

By the way, the last night on Journey, two days ago, the red wine of the day was a wonderful Chianti. I hope to see that again.

If it was the Melini Laborel Chianti from the "old" wine list, it's a wine that I really enjoy. Hope they have a few cases around for our three Journey cruises starting in February.

No luck on Quest for that red. The brand Friends on Quest is a Sonoma Blended wine. They were not really keen to show us the bottle- remember how in the early days wine bottles were proudly displayed and staff could describe what they were serving. No longer the case.

I will do a review - just off Quest after 24 days but the wines were a big disappointment (as was the fact that we highlighted the issue on our details form each cruise each time we were assured the bar manager would call us, we are still waiting)

Hi Spursgirl, Prefdavid, et.al.,

I've just come out of an all day meeting here in the Miami offices and you'll be happy to know that our Discoveries Restaurant menus and our post-cruise surveys are both areas under review by senior management.

Your feedback is invaluable and timely.

QUOTE=uktog;48766414]No luck on Quest for that red. The brand Friends on Quest is a Sonoma Blended wine. They were not really keen to show us the bottle- remember how in the early days wine bottles were proudly displayed and staff could describe what they were serving. No longer the case.

I will do a review - just off Quest after 24 days but the wines were a big disappointment (as was the fact that we highlighted the issue on our details form each cruise each time we were assured the bar manager would call us, we are still waiting)

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

i hope there will be also done reviews concerning the wines during the dry dock on the journey, so that we hopefully enjoy our 2 cruises on February /March ,as it was in the past.

no good reviews during the last months on this subjects.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

No luck on Quest for that red. The brand Friends on Quest is a Sonoma Blended wine. They were not really keen to show us the bottle- remember how in the early days wine bottles were proudly displayed and staff could describe what they were serving. No longer the case.

Perhaps some people will now take off the rose tinted glasses & accept that things have changed with the wines & the food in the MDR

The included cocktails have always been only those on the list, as far as I was aware

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is true but a kind barman would use the included drinks to mix something else to your requirements, that seems to have changed

Not being able to get a cosmopolitan was my one disappointment on Azamara.

I tried asking for cranberry juice, vodka, triple sec, with a splash of orange and got two drinks, one cranberry and vodka, one triple sec and orange both over ice in tumblers.

I really had no idea what was in some of the other cocktails and couldn't find a list of ingredients. I like fruit based cocktails but I don't care for rum. Recommendations would be welcome.

There are 33 cocktails on the complimentary list. If, on occasions, a barman is able to make something different by using the complimentary spirits, I would call that excellent service - not bad service if they can't (for any number of reasons at that particular moment).

Unless someone has been told, 'We are no longer allowed to do that, ever," in response to a polite request for a previous day's wine or a variation on a cocktail, then I don't see that there has been any change in policy.

I believe mine was a polite request to a bar tender who on previous cruises had been more than happy to create a Cosmo from included drinks ok it wasn't the real deal but it was good enough. I therefore believe it is another policy change

Not being able to get a cosmopolitan was my one disappointment on Azamara.

I tried asking for cranberry juice, vodka, triple sec, with a splash of orange and got two drinks, one cranberry and vodka, one triple sec and orange both over ice in tumblers.

I really had no idea what was in some of the other cocktails and couldn't find a list of ingredients. I like fruit based cocktails but I don't care for rum. Recommendations would be welcome.

I was not used to drink cocktails but when Azamara started to offer them, I've taken the list and checked all recipes to see which one I would prefer. It was easy for my husband, he adopted Whiskey Sour but for myself, I like Planter's Punch. It's very easy to find all recipes on the web, I've made an excel sheet that I carry in my purse so it's easy to try something new without being disappointed. Cheers!

I was not used to drink cocktails but when Azamara started to offer them, I've taken the list and checked all recipes to see which one I would prefer. It was easy for my husband, he adopted Whiskey Sour but for myself, I like Planter's Punch. It's very easy to find all recipes on the web, I've made an excel sheet that I carry in my purse so it's easy to try something new without being disappointed. Cheers!

Would it be really cheeky if I asked you to post the cocktail sheet here? I too like a cocktail and it would be nice to know what they are all composed of.

You are such a detailed individual as well as smart! Because.....I am not! Would love to see that spreadsheet :p

Somewhere on here, I'm sure I've seen this info ..... I'll have a look.......

Found it ... but it may be out-of-date in terms of the cocktails included now, as it's from a few years ago. Here goes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38866826&postcount=422

Edited by Wacktle
Link added