10 days to pack

Acrusa

Leaving on our Panama Canal cruise in ten days.When should I start to pack?

I probably would have started weeks ago :D

If you don't need any of the clothing now that you will be wearing on the cruise then go ahead and pack all of it....same for toiletries and any other needed things that you wont need now....then the night before and morning of add what you need that's left.

I like to buy all new stuff for the cruise such as toothbrushes, deodorants, toothpaste, body wash, etc....just for the cruise so they get packed early and less chance of me forgetting them!

I have a zip up closet for clothing that is not in season...I have it divided by sides. As I decide what I plan to take, I put that item on the empty side. I start adding shoes, shorts, blouses, lingerie, etc. to a small laundry basket along with toiletries, makeup and the like. I usually pack a few days before leaving because I have so many things that I have to do before hand.

We are leaving the 30th to celebrate NYE in Florida with our cruise buddies and then we are heading off on a cruise for seven days. I tried on everything that I want to take last night and have made all of my final decisions. I will be packing on either Saturday, Sunday or Monday for this trip. I have much to do this weekend before starting that job.

If you mean PACK -- I get the suitcases out no more than 48 hours before ETD. 36 is even better. My cats recognize what suitcases mean, and it is traumatic for them!

If you mean PLAN what to pack, you might be a tad overdue, considering how very different the climate is from what you are used to.

Keep in mind that it is hot and very humid at most of your ports -- Cabo just a little better and I can't speak for Grand Cayman. If you arrange a trip to Antigua at Puerto Quetzal, that is supposed to be somewhat better.

I don't know what the ship has for laundry services, but I assume there are some. Plan and/or budget on using them! Other than dinner clothes that you wear for a short time in controlled climate, I would not plan to wear garments multiple times (i.e. ashore)... and my usual scheme is two days per shirt, 3 or more for trousers/skirts. But not in the tropics!

I start staging early. That means starting to lay out in the spare bedroom stuff I want for the cruise but won't need before them. Typically things like camera, binoculars, literature, walking sticks.

I usually have everything staged by 7 to 10 days out. Then I recheck and actually pack about 3 to 4 days out, giving me a chance to weigh my suitcases and shift things around if necessary.