?s Regarding 17/18 day Circle Hawaii

blizzardboy

We are looking at the 17-day Circle Hawaii departing San Diego Jan 14, 2017. Have any of you been on this run departing mid-January. As my handle might indicate, we are northerners looking for warmer climes. We love the Caribbean temps in Jan or Feb, but curious if it took a couple days out of San Diego before you got far enough south to lounge comfortably around the Sea View Pool? Your input is appreciated.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Loved the cruise you are looking at joining and have done it twice. Now 'cooler' in San Diego is a relative term as originally from MN and would guess you are from a northerly clime as well. Yes, it was a bit rough for the 1st day or 2 but not all that bad (and I do get sea sick) as have had this in the Caribbean as well and the 2nd cruise was almost like glass for the entire time.

If you can, spend an extra day or 2 in San Diego as so much to see there! The tram system is amazing - and cheap.

Have done this cruise several times, twice in January. It can be cool until the day before your first Hawaiian port, although usually it is just the first two days out that are really cool. Seas in January are usually rougher than at other times.

I'm not a pool person but walking the deck is fine after the first two days, almost always! If it is cloudy, the mid-ship pool might be a better choice.

When I did this cruise one February (round trip out of LA), the first and last days were cool. I needed a wind-breaker over my sundress when I was out on the aft deck.

I will say it wasn't crowded out there, though.

Sounds like we'll be happier cruising the Caribbean or flying to Hawaii and staying on 3 or 4 islands over 17 days.

If you look on the Hawaii board, you will see that exact recommendation very frequently. Having been to Hawaii over 20 times, we totally agree a land tour is a far better way to experience Hawaii.