What missing X cruise would you add?

cl.klink

Do hurricanes go so far north?

Yes, we were on a HAL cruise in August 2010 from Montreal to Boston and cruise basically canceled after PEI due to hurricane earl warning. Ship headed straight back to Boston. The hurricane never hit but they were afraid that the port in Boston would be closed.

Edited by Jade13

Princess has two of the classic "R-ships" (Ocean and Pacific). Oceania has 3 of the same (4 when they take over Ocean). These are perfect for world cruises because they don't have many cabins to sell (<700 pax). For this type of itinerary, RCL has Azamara (with 2 more of the original 8 R-ships). It would probably be scary for marketing to try to fill the larger ships on such long itineraries (even with segments allowing shorter bookings). But maybe Celebrity will consider it once the Edge class ships expand the fleet.

Century would have been OK for it, but hey sold her off.

Roundtrip from San Diego to South Pacific and a Roundtrip from West Coast to Sydney. That flight is a killer. Just cannot get myself up for it.
My sentiments exactly.

Love the cruise destinations, but hate the long flights.

The same for Europe, Asia, and South America.

Loved the cruise from Florida through the Panama Canal, down the west coast of South America, continuing around the Horn and part way back up the east coast.

But then hated the long flight back up from Buenos Aires.

If only we could have stayed on the ship and cruised back up to the USA (without needing to remain on the ship for months, going back and forth, back and forth, until the end of the season to do so). ;)

How about something as simple as overnights in the Caribbean. Ex. Two days in St. Maarten or St. Thomas. Or a southern Caribbean that does the ABCs but overnights in Aruba and Curacao.

Wait -- isn't that what Celebrity just tried, with loud outcry here from people who objected to the ports that had to be dropped to clear a day for the overnight?

I would love for Celebrity to add a late spring / early summer Canadian cruise. Quebec City, Gaspee, PEI, Nova Scotia and even the two French owner islands below Newfoundland. I don't need NYC or Newport. Boston to Quebec City. I fear booking a late summer / fall cruise due to it being hurricane season.

I would love to see this cruise as a round trip out of Boston.

I'd like to see a cruise embarking in Mumbai (so I could tack on a pre-cruise), then sail somewhere like Singapore or Hong Kong.

MSC is starting cruises in Havana, and I hope one day in the not-too-distant future Celebrity can do the same.

We would love to see a West coast round-trip to Hawaii, Tahiti, New Zealand, and Australia. Right now there are large scheduling gaps between the New Zealand cruises out of Sydney and the fall & spring repositioning cruises that go through the South Pacific to/from Hawaii. We would book that itinerary in a heartbeat!

I'd like to see a cruise embarking in Mumbai (so I could tack on a pre-cruise), then sail somewhere like Singapore or Hong Kong.

MSC is starting cruises in Havana, and I hope one day in the not-too-distant future Celebrity can do the same.

Celebrity does have cruises out of Abu Dhabi that go to India and on to Singapore.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-search/search-results?cruisesOnly=Y&isWidget=false&dest=FAR.E&sailStartDate=ANY&sailEndDate=ANY&ship=ANY&port=AUH#&dest=FAR.E&isWidget=false&sortBy=7&selectedInput=&cruiseType=&cruisesOnly=Y&accessCabin=&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&state=&captain_id=&couponCodes=&isSenior=&isMilitary=&isFireandPolice=&sailStartDate=ANY&sailEndDate=ANY&port=AUH&duration=ANY&port=AUH&ship=ANY&startRow=0

My sentiments exactly.

Love the cruise destinations, but hate the long flights.

The same for Europe, Asia, and South America.

Loved the cruise from Florida through the Panama Canal, down the west coast of South America, continuing around the Horn and part way back up the east coast.

But then hated the long flight back up from Buenos Aires.

If only we could have stayed on the ship and cruised back up to the USA (without needing to remain on the ship for months, going back and forth, back and forth, until the end of the season to do so). ;)

I saw that HAL had a cruise I think out of Ft. Lauderdale that went through the canal, the down the west coast of South America, around the Horn, to Antarctica, then up the east side of South America, and through the Carribean back to Ft. Lauderdale. It's an over 60 day cruise. If I could ever get this much time away from work (not to mention the money) that sounds like a wonderful trip. Would be interested if X offered it. You?

- Joel

Love all the ideas above. Also I would really like this one that Oceania is offering. Their ship leaves Miami (could be Fort Lauderdale instead for Celebrity), goes to Nassau,Bahamas, Hamilton, Bermuda, Norfolk, Va, Charleston, SC, Port Canaveral, FL and back to Miami (Fort Lauderdale.)

There are very few and infrequent cruises from Florida to Bermuda. This one looks like a lot of fun.

Anything out of San Francisco and back -- Alaska would be the best -- even if only one way -- but even another California coastal -- they could give us one of the M-class ships if not one of the S-class ones. I would also like to see them bring back some of their cruises down to Mexico and back -- again San Francisco would be the best but even out of San Diego would be great by me.

We have been given so few choices by Celebrity out here on the West Coast, namely California. While I don't mind flying up to Seattle, looks like they have shortened all the Alaska cruises for next year to 7 days on the Solstice. Loved the 11 night Alaska that started in Seattle and ended in Vancouver -- no such option for the upcoming season, though.

I hear rumblings that maybe they are bringing a ship back to California -- just hope and pray this is true. Just hate having to fly a whole day each way to catch one of these lovely cruises.

A better Hawaii cruise.

Leave from a California city and make ONE stop in Mexico (not Ensenada).

Few days at sea.

Two days in Honolulu.

Two days in Maui.

Two days in Kauai (ok maybe one).

Day in Molokai.

Two to three days big island of Hawaii.

Days at sea back to CA or fly home from HI.

A longer Norway cruise akin to Azamara's 15 night one that begins and ends in Amsterdam.

A British Isles cruise that begins and ends in the UK and includes just UK ports, two weeks long. A cruise following that goes to northern Europe.

A better Hawaii cruise.

Few days at sea.

Two days in Honolulu.

Two days in Maui.

Day in Molokai.

A longer Norway cruise akin to Azamara's 15 night one that begins and ends in Amsterdam.

A British Isles cruise that begins and ends in the UK and includes just UK ports, two weeks long. A cruise following that goes to northern Europe.

I would love this, however, I do believe US rules do not allow trips to Hawaii only ports unless the ship is flagged in the USA. I believe the ship has to stop at another, non USA port. I think this is also why several cruises to Alaska stop at Victoria BC. The Norwegian whatever fits the bill for these rules

Agree completely! Been to Norway twice and a longer itinerary would be awesome. Especially with an overnight in Alesund or Bergen. Amsterdam is an awesome in/out port too!

A better Hawaii cruise.

Few days at sea.

Two days in Honolulu.

Two days in Maui.

Day in Molokai.

Century did almost this itinerary in 2012, but she is no longer with the fleet, so I would imagine almost all the ports would be tender ports, as Shilloutte is too big for most.

You also have to contend with the outdated Jones Act, so must either visit a 'distant foreign port' or have a round trip from LA, which piles on the sea days. This is why the Pride of America ( US registered) is able to stay in Hawaiian waters.

Edited by upwarduk

• 2 weeks later...

Of course, I support your British Isles cruise that begins and ends in the UK: see my post #25.

I hope Celebrity will read us and agree.

Would love to see something similar to the Galapagos xpedition to Costa Rica.

Yes also to more of pacific coastal and hawaii options.

An expedition type cruise to the Arctic and anywhere else where an ecotour type of cruise could be had.

I have really had enough of all the european ports of call, way too many cruises to the med.

1) Norway cruise to above the Arctic Circle

2) Northern transatlantic - iceland, greenland,....

3) Lower Amazon to Iquitos (although ships may be too large for that cruise)

Numbers 1 and 2 are on my wish list.