Can I wear gym clothes in Luminae for breakfast?

jenniebnyc

Something to consider, I'm pretty sure Jennie wants to eat in Luminae, that she's paid extra to eat in. For breakfast her attire is fine.

People just love a good dress code thread, now that formal night is settled you gotta get it where you can.

I agree 100%! The cruise line determines who can be seated in Luminae. It is after all their dress code.:eek:;)

No one here is paying for her cruise. She asked for opinions. Leave the judgement calls to the cruise lines.:rolleyes::D:p

If Celebrity would stay open later for breakfast, you would not need to see me in my yoga pants, but closing at 9am makes it pretty tough on a vacation. Hopefully they are taking note!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I will not be wearing any netted clothing, miniskirts, etc...I am actually one of those who will "dress" on the chic nights in an actual dress. I will consider by lululemon workout gear chic as well...for breakfast only :)

While I can't speak to Luminae, I will speak to your lulu. Much of what Lulu sells is very cute and significantly nicer than a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I often wear my lulu all day before I work out and get compliments. Don't let other people's definitions of what workout clothing is interfere with your vacation.

On a fun note, did you hit up their Boxing Day sale??

Since Luminae closes so early for breakfast, my plan is to eat right after a workout in the gym. I don't think I will have time to change.

!

After we work out, you really do not want us sitting in a chair that you would possibly sit in later that day in nice clothing!:eek:

Thanks. Obviously will not go into Luminae sweaty and stinky. I plan to walk on the treadmill. Sweat and stink should be non existent. :)

If Celebrity would stay open later for breakfast, you would not need to see me in my yoga pants, but closing at 9am makes it pretty tough on a vacation. Hopefully they are taking note!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I will not be wearing any netted clothing, miniskirts, etc...I am actually one of those who will "dress" on the chic nights in an actual dress. I will consider by lululemon workout gear chic as well...for breakfast only :)

Given your statements I think your clothing will be find in Luminae for breakfast. We saw several women in yoga pants while eating breakfast in Luminae on the Equinox.

Yoga pants and a T seem more then adequate for breakfast in any dining room on board.

Missing from this discussion is how folks feel about closing the dining room doors for breakfast at 9AM. What is luxurious about that? (modern or otherwise). In my mind, sleeping in past nine is a luxury, and being able to go to the special suite dinning room afterward luxurious as well.

I wish they wanted to Exceed My Expectations again.....

First it will vary by ship if you can get Luminae pastries/food delivered to your suite. Also based on experience and knowing what suite jcpc had, the likelihood of getting a "no" to a reasonable request like luminae pastry delivers to your suite is lower. Finally, I ate once for breakfast in yoga gear and once met the executive chef for a galley tour in yoga gear with an extra top. I asked the maitre d if it was ok as I only had a little bit of time before yoga. No problem.

If you look classy and elegant and behave appropriately for the environment who cares what everyone else thinks.

Happy sailing from the Rebel Chic

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since Luminae closes so early for breakfast, my plan is to eat right after a workout in the gym. I don't think I will have time to change. My question is, can I wear yoga pants, t-shirt and sneakers into Luminae for breakfast (and feel comfortable)? I would never normally do this, but seeing there are ridiculously strict hours for breakfast this is what I think I need to do.

Also, can someone refresh me on the Luminae hours for breakfast on Reflection?

Does it close at 9am on port days and 9:30am on sea days?

Does anyone know if the butler can deliver Luminae pastries for breakfast in the suite (room service)?

Thanks in advance!

Deleted

Edited by iSailor

We ate breakfast in Luminae on Reflection daily and people certainly dressed in very casual tee-shirts and shorts attire. One rather distinguished couple, probably in their 70s, always wore matching workout attire (tees, shorts, workout shoes). Nothing inappropriate about it.

The atmosphere in that restaurant was far from stuffy at any meal. Very warm, smiling greetings from all, and always friendly, efficient service.

Try the Huevos Rancheros. And Pancakes.

Wearing yoga pants, t-shirt, and sneakers to breakfast isn't a problem. Coming to breakfast in that gear right after a workout is the problem. You most likely stink. Go take a shower, then come to breakfast. :rolleyes:

People just love a good dress code thread, now that formal night is settled you gotta get it where you can.

Just when you thought it was safe...the fashion police, never to be underestimated, rise to the occasion! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Edited by teecee60

We were on the Reflection last June. There were several days my wife and I wore gym clothes to Luminae to breakfast -- and in the morning it was pretty casual.

Did you ever wear a tank top to breakfast or see anyone wearing a tank top?

Not Luminae, but we ate in BLU on the Millennium. I am sure the dress codes are the same. One morning I arrived before my DH and was seated before he came to join me. He was asked to leave after he sat down. Although he had on long sweat pants and running shoes (knees and feet covered), he was told that tank tops were not permitted anytime in the dining room. We looked around and saw 3 men in shorts - told men's knees showing were fine. He than asked about the 3 women wearing tank tops and was told it was fine for women but not men. At least two of the women were wearing work out tanks, not a sleeveless shirt one might wear at other times. One women was seen working out earlier.

My DH does not have any issue at all following dress codes, but does have a problem that tank tops are not treated equally for both men and women. He asked why and never got an answer. Needless to say he ate breakfast in the buffet the rest of the week.

Edited by Jade13

Did you ever wear a tank top to breakfast or see anyone wearing a tank top?

Not Luminae, but we ate in BLU on the Millennium. I am sure the dress codes are the same. One morning I arrived before my DH and was seated before he came to join me. He was asked to leave after he sat down. Although he had on long sweat pants and running shoes (knees and feet covered), he was told that tank tops were not permitted anytime in the dining room. We looked around and saw 3 men in shorts - told men's knees showing were fine. He than asked about the 3 women wearing tank tops and was told it was fine for women but not men. At least two of the women were wearing work out tanks, not a sleeveless shirt one might wear at other times. One women was seen working out earlier.

My DH does not have any issue at all following dress codes, but does have a problem that tank tops are not treated equally for both men and women. He asked why and never got an answer. Needless to say he ate breakfast in the buffet the rest of the week.

No one wants to look at DH's hairy armpits while having breakfast. :rolleyes:

Jennie, I wore Yoga pants and a tee to breakfast most days in the Summit suite restaurant this December. (They're my go-to ship's dress.)

Frankly, so few people were eating breakfast, I doubt that they would turn anyone away. And other cruisers never looked my way (though perhaps that's because at my age I'm invisible).

Happy sailing and, literally, don't sweat the small stuff.

No matter what you wear coming directly to breakfast after a workout, what part of "you stink" don't you seem to understand??? Seems like the same person would expel gas in a crowded elevator. :eek:

Come on, folks, have some common courtesy for your fellow cruisers. :rolleyes:

No matter what you wear coming directly to breakfast after a workout, what part of "you stink" don't you seem to understand??? Seems like the same person would expel gas in a crowded elevator. :eek:

I'm not sure if taking a walk on a treadmill classifies as a sweaty workout. If indeed the OP is sweating, then a shower is in order, if it's just to get a mile or so on a treadmill, then probably not.

I'm not sure if taking a walk on a treadmill classifies as a sweaty workout. If indeed the OP is sweating, then a shower is in order, if it's just to get a mile or so on a treadmill, then probably not.

A workout without some sweating is not much of a workout.

Do you think that anyone who would ask if her attire is acceptable would actually be inconsiderate enough to show up for breakfast stinky? Give people a little credit for having common sense.

Be careful with the common sense, it's hard to understand.

As I see it if you have to ask if something is acceptable then it is best not to do it at all. It is also not a good look and may give people the wrong impression turning up to a food venue in sports attire no matter how hard the workout is. Cruise lines put a lot of effort into making people wipe down gym equipment after use and cleaning hands with sanitiser. Given the level of hygiene expected on the ship I would not do it myself even if it was acceptable. When I go to the gym I like to go hard and work up a sweat so I can guarantee that after the gym all my cloths get changed after I shower.