10 day cruise questions!

capecruizin

Warm greetings fellow Princess cruisers! My husband and I, as well as our traveling couple companions, are heading out on January 4th aboard the Emerald for our first ever ten day cruise! Here are a some questions we have: What (besides length of days) should we expect on a ten day cruise? are there still two formal nights? How about the food in MDRs over ten days? Entertainment? We are Platinum Princess folks--and are so excited to finally be able to cruise more than one week!! Thanks in advance for any feedback you all can provide...

According to the Princess website's FAQs, you'll have two formal nights. http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/dining_nightlife.jsp

Even though you've been on some Princess cruises, it doesn't hurt to refresh your knowledge about Princess by reading the Cruise Answer Book (I do this even if we're repeating a ship).

Re the MDR menus, you'll get a different one every night. Some of the items may get repeated over the course of a cruise, but not the entire menu. The exception is if the cruise is available as segments (such as a three-day and then a seven-day cruise) and are really two different cruises.

You will enjoy the ten days! We too love longer cruises if they can be picked. Nothing changes from being on a week over a ten day.

You will not have repeats in the MDR, each night will be different.

Your personalizer should tell you how many formal nights you have. (This year, we are going on a B2B, for a total of nine and will only have one on the 5 day cruise.) Two week cruises give you two formal nights.

On our two week cruises, we never had repeats in entertainment either. They have plenty of different forms to fill the evenings, but the main stage should have different acts each night. Sometimes, they will have new entertainers get onboard at a port, sometimes the same cast stay on but will have multiple shows. We never were bored on our two week cruises. I'm sure you will not be disappointed either. Enjoy your cruise!

1) more seasoned travelers

2) less children

3) people tend to learn how the buffet works, elevator etiquette etc and settle in nicely after a few days,

4) people generally are not trying to jam as much activity into the week as possible so there is less rude behaviour .

Overall it is a much better experience. I actually prefer a 10 day cruise over a back to back 14day cruise for all of the above reasons. Have a great cruise.

We love 10 day cruises.

Expect no repeats in dining room entrees. Do expect some second opportunities to see a show (either next night or toward end of cruise).

And mostly, expect enough time to really relax and enjoy. It usually took us 2-3 days to unwind from work and last minute tasks, and with a 10 day we still had a week to be relaxed.

And if your 10 day includes Bonaire, be sure to do some snorkeling (we use Woodwind tours), as the reef there is the best we've been to.

1) more seasoned travelers

2) less children

3) people tend to learn how the buffet works, elevator etiquette etc and settle in nicely after a few days,

4) people generally are not trying to jam as much activity into the week as possible so there is less rude behaviour .

Overall it is a much better experience. I actually prefer a 10 day cruise over a back to back 14day cruise for all of the above reasons. Have a great cruise.

That's the best part or a 10 day.

Warm greetings fellow Princess cruisers! My husband and I, as well as our traveling couple companions, are heading out on January 4th aboard the Emerald for our first ever ten day cruise! Here are a some questions we have: What (besides length of days) should we expect on a ten day cruise? are there still two formal nights? How about the food in MDRs over ten days? Entertainment? We are Platinum Princess folks--and are so excited to finally be able to cruise more than one week!! Thanks in advance for any feedback you all can provide...

It's a great itinerary on a wonderful ship ... basically roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale to Barbados with other port stops.

You'll have two formal nights. We have been on this exact itinerary so most likely they'll be the same as ours were -- your first day at sea and the day after you are in St. Thomas (also an at sea day).

Look forward to having a GREAT cruise! :D

LuLu

I think you will never go back to seven day cruise again. We ❤️ the 10 day cruises so much that we only do B2B cruises now. Have a great cruise!! The Emeral Princess is one of my favorite ships.🛳

Tony

Capecruizin, you may want to check out the Roll Call for the January 4, 2016 Emerald Princess at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2107843 We will have a Meet & Greet on the first sea day. A slot poll is also being scheduled. Some of the members are also doing tours together.

I think you will never go back to seven day cruise again. We ❤️ the 10 day cruises so much that we only do B2B cruises now. Have a great cruise!! The Emeral Princess is one of my favorite ships.🛳

Tony

If we do a 7 day, often do two different 7 days on two different lines... then everything is different, including entertainment... more fun and variety.

If we do a 7 day, often do two different 7 days on two different lines... then everything is different, including entertainment... more fun and variety.

I tried that once. We were on the Star Princess for 7 days and changed to the Caribbean Princess for the next 7 days it was too much of a hassle. Too much packing and unpacking. But your right about entertainment & variety.

Tony

Ten days will become your new cruise length minimum!

There are fewer children and it seems to be a more relaxed experience than trying to cram everything into a week.

Have a wonderful time...

:D

That's one of the most important things to us. Steer clear of summer cruises, Christmas, New Years & school holidays & most time you'll be fine on 10 day or longer trips.