Back to Back extras

Blue Lagoon

We have done 3 B2B and one B2B2B. On one of the B2B, I believe there were over 200 B2B guests. We have never received anything, Nada. We will be on a B2B2B in a little over 2 months and this time we received $100 OBC on the second leg.

Back to back passengers did not get free lunch in bistro on Equinox in November even though we asked. We thought it was just another cutback to pay for the reintroduced pillow chocolates.

Between the Equinox Nov 9th and Nov 20th cruises, we got Bistro lunch ticket(Thou is says to use on turn around day, can be used any day of cruise).

Have been on many B2Bs in many different ports and I've had a variety of experiences. Sometimes there was a lunch in the MDR. A few, not many lunches in Bistro on 5. Now a lunch in Bistro on 5 is offered to Zeniths although on Silhouette in January a coupon was issued that could be used anytime. A B2B lunch was held in Blu. First time I experienced that. Recently on Connie a luncheon for B2B cruisers was held for B2B passengers on the final sea day in the MDR. A free tour was offered to all B2B cruisers on Connie when they had a noro breakout and they wanted to do a deep cleaning prior to the TA. Most frequently nothing special was done for B2B passengers. I've been on more than 25 B2B cruises and I can say with complete confidence that you really don't know what they will do. Every cruise is different!

Have you ever got a discount specifically for booking a back to back?

We have done 3 B2B and one B2B2B. On one of the B2B, I believe there were over 200 B2B guests. We have never received anything, Nada. We will be on a B2B2B in a little over 2 months and this time we received $100 OBC on the second leg.

Was the $100 OBC because you booked a B2B or was it perhaps some other promo?

Once my large online TA offered a $100 OBC for booking a B2B. As I remember it was an OBR so it came exclusively from the TA. I've seen this TA repeat the offer a few times, but it is fairly rare.

We have done several B2Bs and never received any OBC or price reduction. On Constellation this fall there was a lunch in the MDR for B2B guests, the first time we experienced this. The only time we had a free excursion on turn around day was when the ship needed a deep clean in Barcelona. Everyone had to leave the ship, and we were offered a range of all day excursions - city tours, a shopping tour, or the one we selected which was to Monserrat. Everyone was given a rather uninspiring box lunch.

As others have mentioned, it has varied. On some b2bs we have received no discount, turnaround-day lunch, or free excursion. Recently we have had turnaround-day lunches offered free of charge in Bistro on Five (nice to leave a gratuity for server, however) on the Equinox and Constellation and we have been able to take advantage of the b2b discounts for our four future b2bs (9 cruises total). I have heard about turnaround-day lunches in the MDR, but we have not had them. One time when Celebrity needed to clear the entire ship for the day for an extensive cleaning or inspection in San Diego, we were offered a free excursion for turnaround day. We didn't take it because I have a sister in San Diego and we wanted to spend the day with her, and I'm sure Celebrity wasn't going to allow her to go on the excursion.

The b2b discount is coming directly from Celebrity and is split between the two (or more) cruises that are b2b with an amount depending on the number of days. I know this because we booked directly with Celebrity for some cruises and asked for and received the discounts. In other cases, we booked with a travel agent who was able to arrange for the discounts with Celebrity. Each invoice shows a discount line item. The discount currently is $50 per cabin (not per person) for a 9-night or shorter cruise and $100 for a 10-night or longer cruise. So we are receiving a total discount of between $100 to $200 for two cruises that are b2bs.

The important thing to note is that you must ask for the discount. Some people have travel agents who tell them about the b2b discount, but I suspect most don't including our travel agent who wasn't even aware of the discount.

I'll be doing a B2B2B in less than 2 weeks and I'll see what they do at turnover day.

Orator, which ship? We will be on the Summit b2b2b in just less than two weeks. It would be nice to see you again. We haven't seen you since our fun b2b Century cruises in February 2014, where we met you.

As others have mentioned, it has varied. On some b2bs we have received no discount, turnaround-day lunch, or free excursion. Recently we have had turnaround-day lunches offered free of charge in Bistro on Five (nice to leave a gratuity for server, however) on the Equinox and Constellation and we have been able to take advantage of the b2b discounts for our four future b2bs (9 cruises total). I have heard about turnaround-day lunches in the MDR, but we have not had them. One time when Celebrity needed to clear the entire ship for the day for an extensive cleaning or inspection in San Diego, we were offered a free excursion for turnaround day. We didn't take it because I have a sister in San Diego and we wanted to spend the day with her, and I'm sure Celebrity wasn't going to allow her to go on the excursion.

The b2b discount is coming directly from Celebrity and is split between the two (or more) cruises that are b2b with an amount depending on the number of days. I know this because we booked directly with Celebrity for some cruises and asked for and received the discounts. In other cases, we booked with a travel agent who was able to arrange for the discounts with Celebrity. Each invoice shows a discount line item. The discount currently is $50 per cabin (not per person) for a 9-night or shorter cruise and $100 for a 10-night or longer cruise. So we are receiving a total discount of between $100 to $200 for two cruises that are b2bs.

The important thing to note is that you must ask for the discount. Some people have travel agents who tell them about the b2b discount, but I suspect most don't including our travel agent who wasn't even aware of the discount.

Orator, which ship? We will be on the Summit b2b2b in just less than two weeks. It would be nice to see you again. We haven't seen you since our fun b2b Century cruises in February 2014, where we met you.

We will be on Constellation. Cyndee's Birthday and our 49th Anniversary Cruise. Would love to cruise with you again and I'm certain we will.

We will be on Constellation. Cyndee's Birthday and our 49th Anniversary Cruise. Would love to cruise with you again and I'm certain we will.

Happy birthday to Cyndee and congratulations to both of you on 49 years from Kathy & Jack! Will you be on the Mardi Gras cruise next year? If so, you will see some of us from the Century cruises. We are also booked on the cruise before it for another b2b where we got the discount ($100 for each cruise). Hope to see you next year, if not before.

Happy birthday to Cyndee and congratulations to both of you on 49 years from Kathy & Jack! Will you be on the Mardi Gras cruise next year? If so, you will see some of us from the Century cruises. We are also booked on the cruise before it for another b2b where we got the discount ($100 for each cruise). Hope to see you next year, if not before.

Yes, we will be there! It will be a real celebration with many Cruise Critic and Celebrity friends.

We've not done a B2B on Celebrity but have done three on Royal Caribbean. On two of the trips were receiving nothing. On the most recent one last year, they had a special lunch including wine in the MDR for all guests staying over for the next leg. I thought it was a nice touch and the lunch was very good.

We never asked for the B2B discount, it just showed up. I never even gave it a thought for our 2nd B2B since our 1st was many cruises ago. Both were/are 7 day B2B & the total discount was/is $100. 1st time all on 2nd cruise, December split between both.

We never asked for the B2B discount, it just showed up. I never even gave it a thought for our 2nd B2B since our 1st was many cruises ago. Both were/are 7 day B2B & the total discount was/is $100. 1st time all on 2nd cruise, December split between both.

I recently booked a B2B, 14 then 15 nights. Because of advice from a fellow cruiser, I called X this morning and asked for a B2B discount. I was told that the 2 cruises are now linked as B2B, and that I would have a $100 additional discount applied to each cruise in a few weeks.

This is a discount I never would have thought to ask for, but now I will ask for every B2B, explaining that I have gotten the discount in the past. I don't think I would depend on X, I would always ask - one reason is that X doesn't automatically link reservations as B2B unless you remind them.

Last winter did a b2b on Summit, on turnaround day got breakfast in MDR, lunch in MDR, discount on laundry for second cruise and a special cocktail party held on the helicopter deck on the bow for one of the departure days.

I guess it depends on the ship, the itinerary and how many are doing the B2B..

You have it perfectly. While the stuff on board - lunch, bag of laundry etc. are ship specific; the $100 for B2B cruises of over 10 days each is from Celebrity and must be requested. Probably should say tell X you received it before and want it again. For better or worse in the pricing for cruises if you do not ask and ask again you are not likely to receive. And after it is in your cruise documents you might well need to prove it was offered. Sort of an old song lyric, "Only the strong survive."

Just got off the phone with Celebrity. Apparently, because one of the legs of our B2B is a group booking with our TA, we do not qualify for the B2B discount. Just one more thing to be aware of. We are happy with the price we paid and got some OBC from our TA so it's not a big thing.

I wanted to highlight/repeat and reply to a couple especially important points made today.

And after it is in your cruise documents you might well need to prove it was offered. Sort of an old song lyric, "Only the strong survive."

Good point. We should make sure to get updated invoices from the travel agent or Celebrity and BRING copies of the invoices showing the discount with us on the cruise.

We will be on the same April Equinox TA, which is another b2b four us.

I recently booked a B2B, 14 then 15 nights. Because of advice from a fellow cruiser, I called X this morning and asked for a B2B discount. I was told that the 2 cruises are now linked as B2B, and that I would have a $100 additional discount applied to each cruise in a few weeks.

This is a discount I never would have thought to ask for, but now I will ask for every B2B, explaining that I have gotten the discount in the past. I don't think I would depend on X, I would always ask - one reason is that X doesn't automatically link reservations as B2B unless you remind them.

Yes, in most cases, we have to ask for the discount. You pointed out something else very important too - the two cruises need to be LINKED by Celebrity or the travel agent as B2Bs in order to get the discount. This also would be important if a person later adds another cruise before or after the originally booked cruise making a b2b after the original booking was made. Always make sure to ask/confirm that the two cruises are linked as B2Bs and confirm the discount amounts for each cruise leg ($50 for 9 nights or less, $100 for 10+ nights).

Just got off the phone with Celebrity. Apparently, because one of the legs of our B2B is a group booking with our TA, we do not qualify for the B2B discount. Just one more thing to be aware of. We are happy with the price we paid and got some OBC from our TA so it's not a big thing.

Interesting as we have one b2b we recently booked still pending as far as the invoice and the price. While we originally booked directly with Celebrity and received the discount on their advertised price, we just transferred the booking to a travel agent last week and are still waiting for the confirmation and "group" price from the travel agent. We'll see if we get (or don't get) the b2b discount off of the agency's "group" price, just the agency's "group" price, or just the b2b discount off of Celebrity's price.

Last winter did a b2b on Summit, on turnaround day got breakfast in MDR, lunch in MDR, discount on laundry for second cruise and a special cocktail party held on the helicopter deck on the bow for one of the departure days.

Good to know, thanks. We board the Summit on the 16th for a b2b2b. We were expecting to go to Bistro on Five for lunch on turnover day, but we might need to adjust our expectations. We've been to the helipad parties before, but it would be especially nice if it is at the late sailaway with the OSJ lights twinkling on the waterfront.

I'll report back on our b2b offers when we return - or possibly after the first leg of the b2b2b.

Yes, we will be there! It will be a real celebration with many Cruise Critic and Celebrity friends.

That will be a fun cruise and especially nice to have many Cruise Critic and Celebrity friends on the cruise, which will add to the fun and make it a "reunion" cruise. See you and Cyndee then.

Edited by TourDeCruise
Typo

Linda, your travel agent can press for and apply the discounts now if you have not paid in full. I posted a longer response on this at our other place too. Our travel agent didn't even know about the b2b discounts until we told her recently once we found out about them. We definitely have to ask for the b2b discount, since very few people are getting the discount without asking, regardless of whether or not the bookings are linked as B2Bs. Linking still does not make it automatic, but they cannot apply the discount unless the b2b bookings are linked. Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise
Added more about linking

Linda, your travel agent can press for and apply the discounts now if you have not paid in full. I'll post this at our other place too. Our travel agent didn't even know about the b2b discounts until we told her recently once we found out about them. Kathy

We didn't have to ask for it, the Celebrity agent actually called me back to tell me we got it.

We didn't have to ask for it, the Celebrity agent actually called me back to tell me we got it.

Did you book directly with Celebrity as opposed to with a travel agent? Celebrity agents are more on the ball about this than the independent travel agents. We booked b2b Celebrity cruises when on a Royal Caribbean cruise, and the Next Cruise rep would not give us the discount because he didn't know anything about the b2b discount or how to apply the discount amounts. He did confirm that the b2b reservations were linked as B2Bs. We had to follow-up with Celebrity about the b2b discount when we returned from our RCI cruise. Our travel agent knew nothing about b2b discounts until we told her. It certainly wasn't automatic in our case. Even if booking directly with Celebrity, I still advise confirming the reservations are linked, confirming you are getting a b2b discount, and ensuring the invoice displays the appropriate discount amounts for each b2b leg ($50 for 9 nights or less, $100 for 10+ nights). In your case, the Celebrity agent was proactive is calling you back to confirm.

The $100 was for the B2B. In addition, we have also received free grats and $300 OBC. We did not book through Celebrity.