Bathroom Night Light

cruzfiend

Yes - was told required as a safety issue

Is this new this year? I have never seen a nightlight in any cruise cabin, including the Equinox 13 months ago. I certainly hope so, they are needed, and would be a great safety device. I hate having to leave the bathroom light on every night.

I've done a search and can't find info on this. On the Constellation we had a night light in the bath. Could someone tell me if the Equinox has a night light so I don't have to pack one. :)

The Aqua cabins have the built in night lights. That is all we book so not sure about the other cabins.

My husband (by mistake) managed to find a way to turn ours off.

I thought it was broken and asked for it to be repaired. :o

I think it has something to do with the master switch in the room.

Anyways, if you think you don't have one keep checking - you do! :o

I guess we are missing something. We have booked AQ cabins in both the Solstice and Equinox and have never noticed a nightlight setting. Always just leave the bathroom light on with the door cracked open. Works OK except if the ships were rocking. I wear a sleep mask now so doesn't make much difference to me. We will check again next week when we take another Equinox cruise.

Yes - was told required as a safety issue

Well someone should tell Princess cruise lines because they don't have one on any ship. The night light was a big surprise to me on the Summit. I just don't understand why something so simple is an issue on Princess. There was a a recent tread on that board asking if a night light brought from home can be plugged in the bathroom outlet.

My memory is slowly coming back. It was not the bathroom that was the problem, but the cabin itself. Too dark to find the bathroom unless the bathroom door was open. Last year we had a small LED type nightlight, but it would not fit in the AC outlet due to a overhang directly above the outlet that blocked anything that was vertical. Due to a polarized plug, no other way to mount it.

Equinox I been on a few years Back always had them. As to being off enterly. I like to say during the day they are OFF. night time they are ON the Master switch is located when you enter. next time there try it out and see.

There is a nightlight built into S-class ships; however, you can turn it off with the master switch (which I always manage to do). I always bring an LED tea light candle for the bathroom, they last for about 90 hours

Edited by awhfy

I always pack a couple of flameless tea lights (really LEDs) and use them as nightlights in the cabin and/or bathroom. They give off just enough light to be a guiding beacon to help one get from point a to point b.

Steve

Well someone should tell Princess cruise lines because they don't have one on any ship. The night light was a big surprise to me on the Summit. I just don't understand why something so simple is an issue on Princess. There was a a recent tread on that board asking if a night light brought from home can be plugged in the bathroom outlet.

I totally agree with that. It's the one thing that really bugs me on Princess ships. Well, that AND the clinging shower curtain. :mad:

Is this new this year? I have never seen a nightlight in any cruise cabin, including the Equinox 13 months ago. I certainly hope so, they are needed, and would be a great safety device. I hate having to leave the bathroom light on every night.

The "S-Class" ship cabins have always had a nightlight. If you can't figure out how to activate it, or it has been turned off at the "master", just ask your room steward. He will be happy to show you how it operates.

I always pack a couple of flameless tea lights (really LEDs) and use them as nightlights in the cabin and/or bathroom. They give off just enough light to be a guiding beacon to help one get from point a to point b.

Steve

Great idea!

We are just off the Equinox for the fourth time, all in Concierge Class cabins and have never seen a night light inside the bathroom. Indeed, keeping the bathroom door open at night is asking for trouble when seas cause it to swing back and forth. There is a small red light built into the bathroom light switch, which is located on the wall outside the bathroom. You can leave the bathroom light on and close the door, with plenty of light leaking through the bottom of the door, or simply take a small LED nightlight with you.

On previous threads some have suggested using the TV channel that shows the view from the on-deck camera as an in-cabin nightlight. You get some, but not a lot of light, and there's no volume. DW and I prefer to leave the bathroom light on and the door shut. The light that comes through the bottom of the door suffices.

We've always had a nightlight setting that we can't control in the bathrooms of the s class ships. We've had the pleasure of sailing on all of them. Enjoy!

When you turn the bathroom light on the nightlight goes off. Turn the light off the night light goes on. There is no control it is automatic.

Edited by ozark74

I always take my magnetic LED Snail. I put it on the wall next to my head, I use it to get to the toity and for looking at the time on the clock we take. And anything else. It can attach to the wall of the toilet also, those walls are steel. And clips to a book. The neck telescopes out and you can also set on any flat surface...can't beat it. About the circumference of a golf ball.

Get it on Amazon for 15. Have had it for 8 years and would never cruise without it.

2dlj1i1.jpg

Yes the solstice class all have the nightlight. Interestingly connie at Christmas didn't

The night light in the Constellation is a small (maybe 12" x 18" inch or so) backlit panel mounted on the wall over the toilet. Not built into the vanity like on the S class.

November, balcony cabin.