A$ to US$

Like wise, It would have been 2013 I think and I bought $1,000 USD at $1.1046 from a exchange on George street. At the time my brother said I should wait, two months later he said I should have bought $10,000 worth.

Yes, those were the days!

http://www.news.com.au/finance/markets/aussie-dollar-hits-new-record-high-breaks-through-110-us-cents/story-fn6t6wad-1226102655526

I remember that I also got more US$ for my Aus$ in 1969/1970.

• 2 weeks later...

While you are all rejoicing in the steady rise of the Aussie dollar, we are loosing out on the perks of being paid in USD with each upward move. I really enjoy getting more for my money when the AUD is lower :eek: :D

Edited by joandian

I'm still waiting for it to get below 60c as they predicted :D

Predictions all over the place, including back above 80c.

A lot of people just make predictions based on a continuation of the current short term trend though... not much in that!

I can't see it going below 60c significantly - it's very rarely been below that level historically. What are the excessively negative grounds for it to do so now?

I don't know who predicted that but the RBA still wants it around $0.65 to $0.60. I hope it continues to rise.

They'd said they were okay with it around the 70c mark.

While they're not so happy now, they've been warned off further manipulation.

I had lunch the other day with a bloke who makes millions every time our dollar moves a cent (if he has picked it the right way, and he usually does) he said that over th next 5-10 years it will yo-yo between 60 and 80 cents and will start to fall again in the next month.

Be interesting to see if he is right.

I had lunch the other day with a bloke who makes millions every time our dollar moves a cent (if he has picked it the right way, and he usually does) he said that over th next 5-10 years it will yo-yo between 60 and 80 cents and will start to fall again in the next month.

Problem is to do that you have to have millions to start with :(

Problem is to do that you have to have millions to start with :(

In this chap's case Billions. Let's just say he is a household name, he is a mate of mine's Godfather, went to school with my mate's grandfather

Edited by GUT2407

Ah well, if I'm lucky and don't spend all the OBC I bought at Princess' great .90 exchange rate I might make a few dollars on the conversion back to AUD. :)

Not sure what left over OBC is, but then I've got a Mrs Gut.

I wish you and Glen Stevens would invite me to lunch as well.:D