Goodbye Lobster; Hello Meatloaf!

napunani

We cruised twice in 2015 with PRINCESS, in June onboard the Royal for the British Isles and December onboard the Emerald for the Southern Caribbean. We noticed significant cutbacks in the MDR menus in December compared to June. In June, we enjoyed lobster tails in the MDR on both formal nights. In December, even with Christmas as one of the formal nights, there was no lobster tail served in the MDR. We did find (and selected) lobster tail from the Crown Grill menu.

The MDR ALWAYS AVAILABLE menu has also changed and we can only attribute that to the Curtis Stone’s additions to the MDR menu. Caesar salad remains, but gone is the shrimp cocktail, grilled salmon, pan-seared chicken, beef filet medallions, tri-tip roast and the sirloin burger. Luckily, the dessert menu hasn’t changed (yet).

On both cruises, meatloaf was on the menu the last night…perhaps in attempt to return us to reality!

I can`t believe you had no lobster on formal nights, we are very frequent cruisers on Princess & the 1st formal has lobster tail & very large shrimp, 2nd formal is Lobster tail & filet. Although you may gone to Horizon court, last week on the Emerald on formal night no lobster, down to dining room & lobster galore.

Food is so subjective. Opinions are subjective! The food is either good or bad.

If you can't find something you like that is too bad. Lol What prison were you the Warden for?

Open your mind and try something you have never tried. On your dime, I would be honored!

/QUOTE]

Edited by MTJSR

If you can't find something you like that is too bad. Lol What prison were you the Warden for?

Open your mind and try something you have never tried. On your dime, I would be honored!

/QUOTE]

Ha!

/QUOTE]

I thought you were giving up your part-time job as a "comedian."

/QUOTE]

1)The food is NOT good or bad. Some like seafood, some don't. How does that make the food good or bad?

2)True. If you can't find some kind of food on a cruiseship you like, well that would truly lame! There's ALL different kinds of food!

3)I agree here, too. If you are NOT willing to at least try something new(as long as it doesn't violate religious restrictions)Then as a person, you'd be pretty lame. "Green Eggs & Ham" come to mind? As Auntie Mame would say.."Life's a banquet & most poor suckers are starving!"

1)The food is NOT good or bad. Those two are the most common adjectives people use

Some like seafood, some don't. How does that make the food good or bad? You will have excuse my confusion, but that's a choice

2)True. If you can't find some kind of food on a cruiseship you like, well that would truly lame! There's ALL different kinds of food! We agree, I'm only talking about the Meatloaf

3)I agree here, too. If you are NOT willing to at least try something new(as long as it doesn't violate religious restrictions)Then as a person, you'd be pretty lame. "Green Eggs & Ham" come to mind? As Auntie Mame would say.."Life's a banquet & most poor suckers are starving! Ah.........What? "

Lol

Edited by MTJSR