Goodbye Lobster; Hello Meatloaf!

napunani

Whoa, are you kidding me? The Medallions are our default order when nothing else excites. Lobster I can do without but not my Medallions. We still had them as well as the usual "Always Available" items on our recent Ocean Princess TA. Is this true of all ships with the Curtis Stone stuff? Is this soon to be a fleet-wide change? Someone please tell me it isn't so!

Harry

We were on the Royal in September and had Lobster on two formal nights (out of three).

On the last night I ordered the meat loaf as a "what the heck" and found it to be quite good. Just another example of how subjective food really is....

Bingo.....:):):)

Bob

If they are going to serve this stuff they should learn to cook it properly. Maybe the Cracker Barrel chefs could be brought in for a continuing ed seminar for Princess chefs.

Yes! Tell Curtis Stone thanks but no thanks. ;) Can you imagine what would happen if they served endive foam on something in a Cracker Barrel? LOL! (I agree that Cracker Barrel meatloaf is the best.)

On the Regal in December, the only meal that everyone at our table of 8 thoroughly enjoyed was the lobster on the last formal night. (We all grew up in the northeast and have been eating lobster most of our lives.) Fresh-tasting and succulent, it was the best meal of what I considered mostly mediocre meals on the other 6 nights.

My mother was a crappy cook. I learned to cook on my own and I'm vastly superior to my mother as a cook!

As for peanut butter and orange marmalade... GOOD STUFF! :D

My mother burned everything she ever tried to cook. Try a peanut butter and honey sandwich, absolutely delish!

My mother burned everything she ever tried to cook. Try a peanut butter and honey sandwich, absolutely delish!

Take some crunchy peanut butter and mix with honey until it can be spread between two layers of pie crust. Slice into one inch by five inch slices. Bake till golden brown. You will love it.

Well, I guess it's a good thing that different people like different things. I grew up not-rich, and I like good old comfort food like mac and cheese and meatloaf. That's why they call it "comfort food," you know. :p I'm going to eat it even if you have a "hard time understanding it." I didn't taste a steak or a lobster until I was long an adult, so don't think all the other kids were eating gourmet every night.

So, Shredie, which wine do you recommend as a wine pairing with the meatloaf?

You say that because you live near one. :p The closest one to me is in Phoenix! (I live a deprived life. :D)

I had never been to one (Cracker Barrel). Once I was in GA and we decided to go because we though it would be good....Wrong...it was not so great.

Actually, you can't get them for false advertising because it actually tasted like a Cracker Barrel!

Have you ever wondered if Curtis Stone reads these threads??????

I doubt he does. His recipes get universally panned on recipe sites. If he read those, he'd give up cooking completely. :p I can't help but wonder why Princess chose him, when his recipes receive such poor reviews. :confused:

I'm kinda partial to Boones Farm with my meatloaf.;)

Actually the peanut butter/honey baked sounds pretty good. I've got the peanut butter and honey, guess I'll have to make a trip to Safeway to buy the pie crusts.

Edited by Treven

Good thing my daughter likes mac n' cheese. (she doesn't trust the Kraft type, though) That's my go-to dish. I would make a baked version for my father, and he was a meat and potatoes guy. My daughter often eschews the commons food at her school and uses the kitchen in her dorm -- probably mostly cooking, yep, mac n' cheese.