booking excursions

zebs

I know of rare occasions when a ship has offered late deals on-board, for instance "book these three excursions & we'll include an extra (half-day) excursion". But not a simple price reduction.

And discounts on premium dining venues, spa experiences, etc are quite common - usually for unpopular times such as port days.

Certainly some excursions book-out before a cruise sails - mainly those with limited availability such as helicopter or sailing experiences, catamarans, 4x4, sub-aqua

Simple sight-seeing tours are more likely to be available late on, because the ship can usually add more buses. But close to the deadline they'll draw the line & offer only remaining seats on existing bus tours, so you may not get the tour that you want.

It certainly isn't worth delaying in the faint hope that you might get a late bargain.

But for most excursions you can cancel without penalty at fairly short notice, usually 24 to 48 hours out. Check the small print.

Just my own experience.

JB :)

I have been on plenty of cruises where the ship will cancel excursions if they don't have enough people booked on them. They will either credit you the cost of excursion or let you book a different one. I have never seen a reduction in excursion, you can cancel within 24 hour, if I saw an excursion I paid full price for offered I would cancel & rebook at new price ☺

Never seen discounted excursions, who are you sailing with and which itinerary?

I've seen tours cancelled due to not enough people, but no discounts Ever!

Same as above! We've never seen last minute discounts for excursions through the ship ... but have seen them cancelled for lack of participation.

LuLu