'Technically' NOT a B2B-do we have to disembark

New York Nana

DH and I are doing a 1 night SB from Vancouver to Seattle. Then a 7 day r/t from Seattle - same ship - same cabin.

Is this considered a B2B or 'in transit' trip? Would we exit the ship as a 'group' as we've done in Port Everglades and go through Customs? Or because it is a one way from a 'foreign' port, will we have to debark as all the pax will and have to 'Check in' again as if we haven't been on board already.

Just want to know what to expect.

Thank you all for your sage advice!:)

DH and I are doing a 1 night SB from Vancouver to Seattle. Then a 7 day r/t from Seattle - same ship - same cabin.

Is this considered a B2B or 'in transit' trip? Would we exit the ship as a 'group' as we've done in Port Everglades and go through Customs? Or because it is a one way from a 'foreign' port, will we have to debark as all the pax will and have to 'Check in' again as if we haven't been on board already.

I agree with those that said this is a B2B Cruise. However if you have any doubt contact your TA. Do you have two different booking or invoice numbers? If you do then it's a B2B Cruise.

Hmnnnn......we are doing exact same thing except we are spending a few days in Seattle first, then taking Amtrak cascades rail to Vancouver - was hoping to not have to get off the ship but oh well.....hopefully only 1 muster drill!

I wouldn't count on it. We did a cruise where there were two starting points. We embarked at the first one and had a muster drill that day, before departure. Then, 3 days later, the second bunch of passengers embarked (different port). Again we had to attend muster drill before departure.

Well, I learned something today! I had always thought a 'b2b' meant starting from and returning to the same port (the only way we've done it in the past).

Good to know we have the option of getting off early and exploring or waiting with the 'in transits' to process off/on the ship.

My appreciation for all of your insights!

Barb

I agree with those that said this is a B2B Cruise. However if you have any doubt contact your TA. Do you have two different booking or invoice numbers? If you do then it's a B2B Cruise.

Technically it is a B2B

It is not "technically" a B2B it is a B2B. As for for checking with the TA, having the same or different booking numbers makes no difference.

That is why Princess stopped the illusion of the "same booking number=1cruise" fantasy.

Our first cruise was a 17 day cruise from Vancouver to FLA through the Panama Canal-with one booking number. In reality, it was a 3 day coastal to LA and then a 14 day LA to FLA cruise.

We had to leave the ship and go through customs (in reality, our group got off waited about 15 minutes and then paraded in a room handing in our customs declarations. We made a big circle and marched right back on the ship.

What yo have booked is a B2B period.

I wouldn't count on it. We did a cruise where there were two starting points. We embarked at the first one and had a muster drill that day, before departure. Then, 3 days later, the second bunch of passengers embarked (different port). Again we had to attend muster drill before departure.

We did back to back cruises on the Crown last month. We attended the first muster drill, but on the information packet we received for back to back passengers, it was clearly stated the second muster drill was optional (but we were encouraged to attend).

Edited by shellbeachjim

It is not "technically" a B2B it is a B2B. As for for checking with the TA, having the same or different booking numbers makes no difference.

That is why Princess stopped the illusion of the "same booking number=1cruise" fantasy.

Our first cruise was a 17 day cruise from Vancouver to FLA through the Panama Canal-with one booking number. In reality, it was a 3 day coastal to LA and then a 14 day LA to FLA cruise.

We had to leave the ship and go through customs (in reality, our group got off waited about 15 minutes and then paraded in a room handing in our customs declarations. We made a big circle and marched right back on the ship.

What yo have booked is a B2B period.

Not sure why you included my quote in your post. Isn't that what I said? Nowhere did I mention, express or imply "technically".

Edited by davekathy

Not sure why you included my quote in your post. Isn't that what I said? Nowhere did I mention, express or imply "technically".

No, it was your comment about having two separate booking numbers. I have been on cruises with one booking number but in reality it was a B2B with 2 legs. Having one booking number makes no difference.

No, it was your comment about having two separate booking numbers. I have been on cruises with one booking number but in reality it was a B2B with 2 legs. Having one booking number makes no difference.

Interesting. All of our B2B Cruises have had different booking numbers/invoice numbers for each leg of our B2B Cruises. Additionally each leg of the B2B Cruise has a different Folio number.

It is a B2B and they will walk you off thru immigration and back on .

Do they still run shore ships shore excursions on these days for passengers doing B2B's?
The only B2B's I've done have been with the turnaround day in Fort Lauderdale. For those, Princess offered excursions for those with late afternoon and evening flights. In-transit passengers were allowed to purchase those excursions and were brought back to the ship after the buses dropped off the passengers at the airport.

The only B2B's I've done have been with the turnaround day in Fort Lauderdale. For those, Princess offered excursions for those with late afternoon and evening flights. In-transit passengers were allowed to purchase those excursions and were brought back to the ship after the buses dropped off the passengers at the airport.

That's correct. Crap I forgot all about those excursions. We've even done those excursions with Princess at Fort Lauderdale.

Do they still run shore ships shore excursions on these days for passengers doing B2B's?

Sorry for the incorrect info.

Edited by davekathy