Hair blow dryer

elapel01

any hair dryer, the one provided by the ship or the one you bring will be used at the desk/dressing table in the cabin where the plug are...not in the bathroom.

Edited by ghstudio

The outlet in the bathroom isn't for hair dryers. There are outlets on the vanity that can be used for a hair dryer. There is a hair dryer in the cabin. It does require that you hold the button down while using it, but it works for me.

I always travel with a small, travel size blow dryer. I hate the ones that the ships use as you must hold the button down for it to work. This gets tiresome, there has always been a spot to plug it in near the desk - or as I call it - my vanity table. :D

I bring my full-sized powerful one....have never blown a fuse, and why bring something small....the provided dryers are small and ineffective. Bring what works for you.

News flash ...maybe the ship dryers WILL work for the OP. I do not find the ship's hair dryers "ineffective" at all and have used them on all of my 30 plus cruises. Yes, you do have to hold the button, but unless you have really long or thick hair or do a lot of styling , it really is not a big deal, IMO.

It's all about what you value. My next cruise, in two weeks, is to warm weather destinations. So, I'll just scrunch some Moroccan Oil curl defining cream in my hair and call it good. For the "chic nights", I'll probably blow dry and straighten my hair, but the dryer in the cabin will suit me just fine. I have shoulder-length hair and don't mind holding the button down. I'd rather save the weight in my case.