Venice - taxi from port to airport

TMS9539

Will there be taxis lined up at the port after disembarking, and if so, how early will they be there?

Or, is there a better way of getting to the airport? We need something quick and convenient.

We are looking at booking a 10:55am flight out of Marco Polo airport. Our ship arrives in Venice the day before disembarkation so I'm assuming we can get off the ship as early as we need to, but I want to make sure we won't have any trouble getting to the airport in time. From reading the various posts it sounds like the airport can be a mess, so I want to be sure we get there in plenty of time. Thanks.

There are buses at Piazzle Roma which will take you to the airport. You can buy the ticket at the stand near the bus parking lot. Make sure you get a ticket for a bus to the correct airport. They also go to a smaller airport that Ryan Air flies out of. I don't know how early the first bus leaves. Our flights were much later in the day.

We saw lots of taxis but most of them were reserved so the driver was standing there with a sign.

You might want to make a reservation since you have a time crunch.

We arrived to the airport at 9:30am for a noon flight and only had 10-15 minutes to spare before boarding.

There are buses at Piazzle Roma which will take you to the airport. You can buy the ticket at the stand near the bus parking lot. Make sure you get a ticket for a bus to the correct airport. They also go to a smaller airport that Ryan Air flies out of. I don't know how early the first bus leaves. Our flights were much later in the day.

The bus of which you speak is the express ATVO bus that we have used many times. But getting from the port to the P. Roma is not always so easy. The People Mover does not even begin to operate until around 7am (8am on Sundays) which may not be helpful to anyone with an early flight. So while this works for later flights (after 11) it is not a good idea for those with early flights.

Hank

• 1 month later...
Silly question - I've never reserved a taxi before - they're always just there waiting. Is there a company you recommend that has been reliable?

Thanks - newbie to Venice!

I'm looking for this information as well. Is there a website to go to where I can reserve a taxi to take us from the Marittima cruise port to Marco Polo airport?

No need. When ships are in port, there is demand for taxis. There will be taxis there.
Venice is a bit of an anomaly on this point; every other port seems to have this figured out but not Venice, perhaps because there is so little land and less need for land taxis? This is one place where you really do want to reserve ahead of time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, can anyone tell me exactly where I would get a boat to Burano from Venice? I am visiting Venice for the day in May 2016 and I've been a couple of times before so would like to go to Burano. We have been offered a cruise excursion by Celebrity but the reviews suggest it will be rushed as done with Murano and very lace orientated...we just want to wander and have lunch. Does anyone know where the boat goes from, how long it takes and how frequently? Is it expensive? Many thanks

I don't recall a direct route to Burano. I think most people go there from Murano. Info in this article might help:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-islands-tour.htm

Info on the water buses schedules:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vaporetto_routes2_table.htm

Edited by mapleleaves