Regal Princess deck 8

BonnieSte

I am looking at a balcony room mid-ship on deck 8. Anyone ever have an issue with noise from the deck below? Also, I am assuming the partial view obstruction is if you look down?

Thank you

Some lifeboats are at floor level directly out from the balcony.

Some davits are upright directly in front of the balcony.

With most there is no looking down.

See Renmars thread on those balconies/views, great photos.

Not sure about noise from below.

Thank you Colo. I actually did check it out. Great thread for sure.

Thanks! 6 years in the Navy and I never knew those things were called davits. Learn something new.

We've stayed 2 times on the Emerald Deck. Midship deluxe balcony cabins E408 and E410. On the Port side, they are almost directly over Crooners. We never heard any sounds from below. The most we heard while out on our balcony (which is HUGE!) would be people walking out there at night having quiet conversations. The 'obstruction' in mid ship is only if you look straight down (onto the extended 'promenade' area with nice seating.) Looking forward or aft, you would just see the life boat/tenders that start a few cabins away.

We really enjoyed these cabins and would take them again on either side of the ship. While the mid ship stairs would have been convenient, we found the foward stairs/elevators are actually much closer to mid ship than they are on the Grand class ships, so we'd walk up to them to use the stairs down to Deck 7.

OP,

I stayed on Deck 8 on our last cruise on the Regal, for me I would MUCH prefer to be close to the forward stair case/elevators, as we were. If you are inclined to use the stairs to go up or down to the Piazza or back to your cabin after a show in the theater, you will be happier located closer to the stairs. The forward stairs to me is preferable as they go down to the Piazza-the rear ones will require you to walk across deck 6 or 7 as the dining room is down on deck 5. You will definitely notice the missing center stairs if you are mid ship on deck 8!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

OP,

I stayed on Deck 8 on our last cruise on the Regal, for me I would MUCH prefer to be close to the forward stair case/elevators, as we were. If you are inclined to use the stairs to go up or down to the Piazza or back to your cabin after a show in the theater, you will be happier located closer to the stairs. The forward stairs to me is preferable as they go down to the Piazza-the rear ones will require you to walk across deck 6 or 7 as the dining room is down on deck 5. You will definitely notice the missing center stairs if you are mid ship on deck 8!

Thanks but a forward cabin is out of the question for me. I tend to get motion sick up there.

We've stayed 2 times on the Emerald Deck. Midship deluxe balcony cabins E408 and E410. On the Port side, they are almost directly over Crooners. We never heard any sounds from below. The most we heard while out on our balcony (which is HUGE!) would be people walking out there at night having quiet conversations. The 'obstruction' in mid ship is only if you look straight down (onto the extended 'promenade' area with nice seating.) Looking forward or aft, you would just see the life boat/tenders that start a few cabins away.

We really enjoyed these cabins and would take them again on either side of the ship. While the mid ship stairs would have been convenient, we found the foward stairs/elevators are actually much closer to mid ship than they are on the Grand class ships, so we'd walk up to them to use the stairs down to Deck 7.

Good to know, thank you Nana

We have booked E407. I hope it is a twin of E408.:D

I was in E701 on the Royal and LOVED the location. Absolutely no obstruction; very quiet and near the aft stairs. And cheaper than mid-ship.

We enjoyed E711 for the same reasons & looking down was an open section of Promenade deck.

Thanks but a forward cabin is out of the question for me. I tend to get motion sick up there.

My wife is very susceptible to all types of motion sickness & has not had any problems in aft cabins which as Pam said are cheaper and also aft cabins have a complete stairway unlike midship above deck 7.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We have been in E433 and E416 on the Regal and had no obstruction. E 433 had a large balcony and E416 had a balcony similar to the standard balcony on the Grand Class ship.

We were not bothered by noise on either cruise.

There are pictures in my reviews below. :)

Here are a couple pictures from E408/E410 (can't really remember which one). The starboard side cabins would be the same. Honestly, we booked the Port side because we weren't sure if smoking was permitted on the Starboard side mid-ship promenade. We discovered that the smoking area is all the way aft on the Starboard side, so we had booked E407 on the Regal for this past week, but due to an unexpected heart surgery for my DH, we had to cancel.

We hope to be back on the Regal again in the near future!

f6fc73bb6f651f984d885e920d31dcd0.jpg7c6d1da99df7acdd9798276f7b184420.jpg2cbb708937ef8bdea4656657118b45f5.jpg

d614184e2dceea7a196c5b52acb9dc9a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Again, Pam and I are on the same wave length (pardon the partial pun). Emerald deck cabin location 701 and 702 are the best value because they are priced obstructed view, however, they really aren't. She posted good photos of the view from the balcony and you can tell there is nothing in the way looking straight out as well as forward and aft. They are close to the stairs and lifts and we always book them.

• 7 months later...