Beverage package question

pcsunlover

How soon into your cruise do you have to purchase the all inclusive drink package? I don't think we'd get our full value from it on embarkation day, so I want to know if we can purchase it on day 2 (or even day 3) and just pay for it for 6 (or 5 days) of our 7-day cruise. Is this possible?

If you wait until Day 2 to purchase the AIBP Princess neither pro-rates nor retroactively applies it. The only line I know of that even does the former is RCI. On Princess you must pay for every day you are onboard.

Beyond not using the drink package for your morning latte I don't see any less value in it for embarkation day. Even if you don't make it onboard until after lunch there is still the sailaway festivities, dinner and whichever showroom or lounge you hit afterwards. If you don't think you will get full value between them maybe the package just isn't for you.

Edited by fishywood

If you wait until Day 2 to purchase the AIBP Princess neither pro-rates nor retroactively applies it. The only line I know of that even does the former is RCI. You must pay for every day you are onboard.

Beyond not using the drink package for your morning latte I don't see any less value in it for embarkation day. Even if you don't make it onboard until after lunch there is still the sailaway festivities, dinner and whichever showroom or lounge you hit afterwards. If you don't think you will get full value between them maybe the package just isn't for you.

Ok, thanks. In that case, I doubt if we will get the package. We probably wouldn't get our money's worth on embarkation and port days. I guess we'll get coffee cards and pay as we go with the other drinks.

What is even included in the all inclusive drink package?

From the Princess website -

All-Inclusive Beverage Package

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants, will be available at 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items). Terms and conditions may apply.

Item #0525 $56.35

per person/

per day

But, you can purchase bottles of liquor from Princess and have them delivered to your cabin to drink there if you want, correct?

Yes, you can preorder 375ml bottles of spirits to drink during your cruise & they begin at about $18.

All of my cruises within the past year had buy one, get one for $1 happy hours for all drinks twice per day (3:00-4:00 and 11:00-midnight) at one of the bars.

No, spirits cannot be purchased, if you do , they are delivered the night before disembarkation at the end of the cruise only.

That's for duty free purchases from the gift shop to take home.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just for embarkation though, 1 bottle per passenger, not every time you run out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, you are not permitted to carry on any spirits or beer at any time for use on the ship. If you purchase spirits in a port the bottles will be collected and delivered to your cabin on the last day of the cruise. Each passenger of drinking age may carry on one 750ml bottle of wine without charge for use in your cabin. If you bring that bottle to a DR or public bar area you will be subject to a $15 corkage charge. Additional 750ml bottles of wine can be carried on board and are subject to a $15/bottle corkage fee when boarding. Spirits and beer can be ordered from room service. The bottle sizes are 375ml and not the normal 750ml size you find in stores.

Edited by sknight

So you are suggesting that one 375 bottle of spirits can be brought on board during embarkation?

No...use this link to see the preorder options for spirits under the Beverages section:

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Edited by Astro Flyer

How soon into your cruise do you have to purchase the all inclusive drink package? I don't think we'd get our full value from it on embarkation day, so I want to know if we can purchase it on day 2 (or even day 3) and just pay for it for 6 (or 5 days) of our 7-day cruise. Is this possible?

No its not possible. It (AIBP) is purchased for the entire cruise and not pro-ratable.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

the mdr offers wine by the bottle at a discount at luncheon on Embarkation day and throughout the cruise. Just ask that they not be opened, take to your cabin and enjoy at your leisure.

27926-profile.png

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F11%2F2016&dest=M&ship=ISMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/11/2016 aboard the Carnival Inspiration! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises

I cruise for Creme brulee, chocolate melting cake and lobster!