Regal Early Debarkation

drog

We cruised on the the Regal last week and opted for the "walk off" early debarkation upon our return. We were instructed to meet in a designated area on the ship at 6:10 AM, were were at our gate at FLL at 7:20 more than two hours in advance of our 10:00AM flight. You must be able to carry your own bags but this is the way to go if you have an early flight.

We cruised on the the Regal last week and opted for the "walk off" early debarkation upon our return. We were instructed to meet in a designated area on the ship at 6:10 AM, were were at our gate at FLL at 7:20 more than two hours in advance of our 10:00AM flight. You must be able to carry your own bags but this is the way to go if you have an early flight.

We do the same, it works well. :)

We were on the same sailing. Had the 6:10 walk off; they started to let us go at 6:20. Unfortunately, Customs only had one line open for a while so there was a little backup. But we were heading OUT of Park n' Go in our Car by 6:50 am. AMAZING.

We have a flight departing at 11.30 am. Should we use early walk off, or will we be able to make it on time if we elect to go through the normal process.

There are different early walk off times so I would pick the latest one....if still available. Sometimes these are limited and you may not have that opportunity. However, depending on your status with Princess, you may be able to secure one of these spots. While I think you would have no problem whatsoever getting to the airport on time, provided it is also FLL we are discussing, even if you were one of the last groups off the boat, problems can occur. We were recently in San Pedro and had a horrible disembarkation. People missed their 3:30 PM flights. Now, those problems are few and far between.

To be on the safe side, I would request one of the later walk offs ... you would probably be sitting at the airport for a long time but at least you won't sweat it so much if there is a problem and you are stuck in line, constantly checking your watch.

There are different early walk off times so I would pick the latest one....if still available. Sometimes these are limited and you may not have that opportunity. However, depending on your status with Princess, you may be able to secure one of these spots. While I think you would have no problem whatsoever getting to the airport on time, provided it is also FLL we are discussing, even if you were one of the last groups off the boat, problems can occur. We were recently in San Pedro and had a horrible disembarkation. People missed their 3:30 PM flights. Now, those problems are few and far between.

To be on the safe side, I would request one of the later walk offs ... you would probably be sitting at the airport for a long time but at least you won't sweat it so much if there is a problem and you are stuck in line, constantly checking your watch.

That's great advice... thank you! I didn't know they had different walk off times. So if they have walk offs around 7, that would be a better option for us. I'll look into this when we board.

Edited by TSM AND JP

If you have Global Entry and are at the normal berth 2 for Princess ships there is a line to the right of the normal maze in Immigration. Even if there is no agent at that desk the person routing people to agents will move you in front of the big line. Just take your GOES card.

You might want to look into using the EZ Check that the ship offers. Using this service, you check you bags the last night of the cruise and you don't have to deal with them until you get home. The ship will give you information half way through your cruise. Cost is $20 per person for, I think, for 2 bags and they will give you your boarding passes as well. No standing in line to check bags with the airline, although you still have to go through the long security line.

I think it is a service worth while considering, but I will share a recent experience we had when using this service on the Regal Princess when we sailed out of FLL in November 2015. We signed up for the service and my wifes' request went through without a hitch. However, my request was rejected and no one on the ship could or would get me an answer as to why she was able to check her luggage while I was not. I went as high as Hotel Manager and all I got was that they were sorry for my inconvenience and that the service was run by an outside company that the ship had no control over it.

Bottom line was that we asked for and received an early disembarkation, made it to the airport (FLL) with plenty of time to check my bags (30 mins.), make it through the security scanning (60 mins) and catch our flight without too much fuss. Just thought I would throw that out there to help you plan your time.

Chuck

"pairodocs"

If you have Global Entry and are at the normal berth 2 for Princess ships there is a line to the right of the normal maze in Immigration. Even if there is no agent at that desk the person routing people to agents will move you in front of the big line. Just take your GOES card.

Is it GOES only or do you know if Nexus works as well?

You might want to look into using the EZ Check that the ship offers. Using this service, you check you bags the last night of the cruise and you don't have to deal with them until you get home. The ship will give you information half way through your cruise. Cost is $20 per person for, I think, for 2 bags and they will give you your boarding passes as well. No standing in line to check bags with the airline, although you still have to go through the long security line.

I think it is a service worth while considering, but I will share a recent experience we had when using this service on the Regal Princess when we sailed out of FLL in November 2015. We signed up for the service and my wifes' request went through without a hitch. However, my request was rejected and no one on the ship could or would get me an answer as to why she was able to check her luggage while I was not. I went as high as Hotel Manager and all I got was that they were sorry for my inconvenience and that the service was run by an outside company that the ship had no control over it.

Bottom line was that we asked for and received an early disembarkation, made it to the airport (FLL) with plenty of time to check my bags (30 mins.), make it through the security scanning (60 mins) and catch our flight without too much fuss. Just thought I would throw that out there to help you plan your time.

Chuck

"pairodocs"

Princess has their recommended flight times.

If your flight is before that time you cannot use EZ Check.

Princess has their recommended flight times.

If your flight is before that time you cannot use EZ Check.

I don't believe that EZ Check is available to those of us travelling back to Canada, but I'm not sure. I believe it is only available for flights within the United States.

• 1 month later...
If you use the EZ check what is the earliest time your flight out of Fort Lauderdale cane be. Is Southwest Airlines included in the EZ check program. Thank you.

Mickie

Earliest flight from FLL 11:30; from MIA 2:00.

Southwest from FLL is normally included. It is important to have entered your flight information in your Cruise Personalizer even if you did not use Princess' air nor buy a Princess transfer, as if they don't see any independent flyers on a particular airline it may not be included for that cruise.

Here is a link to a scan of the EZ Check sign up form. It is a year old but nothing has changed (other than participating airlines possibly changing from week to week as noted above):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45693647&postcount=21

Edited by fishywood

We carried off our own luggage but left at 10:00 because of the rental car pickup time. We signed up as independent arrangement passengers and were assigned luggage tags. We left at the assigned time but carried luggage off. Gave us the flexibility we needed. If you don't want to walk off before 7:00 might be something to consider doing.

The times from the March 20 sheet:

Four express walk off times. 6:10, 6:15, 6:20, 6:25.

7:25 First Princess transfer to MIA airport

7:30 First independent arrangement group

7:35 First transfer to FLL

EZ check groups were at 8:15, 9:10, 9:55, 10:25

Earliest flight from FLL 11:30; from MIA 2:00.

Southwest from FLL is normally included. It is important to have entered your flight information in your Cruise Personalizer even if you did not use Princess' air nor buy a Princess transfer, as if they don't see any independent flyers on a particular airline it may not be included for that cruise.

Here is a link to a scan of the EZ Check sign up form. It is a year old but nothing has changed (other than participating airlines possibly changing from week to week as noted above):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45693647&postcount=21

Thank you for your answer to my question. It was extremely helpful

Mickie

We disembarked the Regal Princess on 3/6. We did not use walk off, instead opted for Creme 2 at 7:10. It was flawless, our luggage was downstairs waiting for us and we were at the airport before 8 AM for our 9:50 Jet Blue flight. I would only book a flight this early when it's FLL, after a Caribbean Cruise.