Santorini Ferry boat to Oia?

PEKnCHUG

The ferry runs every 20 minutes if you ask them. But don't ask them. The truth is it runs every 30-40 min. They just don't want to lose the sale. They do take Credit cards if anyone cares

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So do you think it's worth it to take the boat to Oia? Or is it about the same as taking the cable car up and then bus or taxi to Oia? (Time wise)

Yes, two years ago we walked up from the tender port and then walked from there to Oia. Lovely views on the cliff side walk but "warm" (even for two desert rats like us who live in AZ) without an ounce of shade. This time I am considering a wine tour if I can find one that fits with our time in port and agrees to take us to Argyros Winery (they produce the best wine on Santorini).

I would be very interested to know if you find a tour that includes that winery. I friend gave me a bottle of the Vinsanto and I was hoping to go there to bring one back.

Catherine

Yes, two years ago we walked up from the tender port and then walked from there to Oia. Lovely views on the cliff side walk but "warm" (even for two desert rats like us who live in AZ) without an ounce of shade. This time I am considering a wine tour if I can find one that fits with our time in port and agrees to take us to Argyros Winery (they produce the best wine on Santorini).

Wow! I'm impressed! You know they do have taxis on Santorini? Lol

Catherine -- I have sent emails to two tour companies --- will let you know their response.

Easy to get to vineyards if you hire a motorbike or car. We hired a motorbike last time and a car for our trip in July. 43 euro for the day and if you share really cheap. Not many cars on the road and easy to find your way round. We circled the island in no time stopping at beaches, vineyard, Thira and Oia on the motorbike as well as a little village at the top with a massive view and we're back with free time to walk around Thira .

Easy to get to vineyards if you hire a motorbike or car. We hired a motorbike last time and a car for our trip in July. 43 euro for the day and if you share really cheap. Not many cars on the road and easy to find your way round. We circled the island in no time stopping at beaches, vineyard, Thira and Oia on the motorbike as well as a little village at the top with a massive view and we're back with free time to walk around Thira .

A few that did wineries did wineries in Santorini had nothing great to say. Those that did them in Crete including us really enjoyed them

Santorini produces most of Greece's best wines. The problem with the wines tours I have seen offered there is they do not go to the better wineries so people come away from Santorini with a poor Impression of their wines.

Santorini produces most of Greece's best wines. The problem with the wines tours I have seen offered there is they do not go to the better wineries so people come away from Santorini with a poor Impression of their wines.

Thanks for checking on tours. Are you familiar with this one? There is a "Food and Wine Trails" excursion offered on my cruise that says in part

"scenic drive to Megalochori Village and Boutari Winery."

Catherine

FloridaTourist, did you notice if there were any kiosks with sunset boat tours? We don't get into Santorini until 2pm. I found one on Gold Street web site for 58 euros pp but not sure if I want to make this reservation in advance.

A few that did wineries did wineries in Santorini had nothing great to say. Those that did them in Crete including us really enjoyed them

Just have to say that we were on a island tour that included Oia and Akrotiri with a stop at Santo Winery. Great views and great wine.....

Currently sitting on the speed boat to Oia. Price this year is 15e plus 5e for the cable car down. Arrived on the Oosterdamn. One other ship in port but can't see the name. Line for cable car up is pretty long. Beautiful day here.

Hi - I missed the name of the speed boat company and where do you pick it up? We will be in port in July.

• 2 weeks later...