Liberty of the seas, tips, secrets, which cabin

Nick77mc

New to sailing on Royal what hints, tips, secrets, which is the best cabin. We sail out Feb 21st 2016. Thanks

purely subjective.

some people want low and midships. some people must have an aft balcony.

still others will only take a Hump Balcony.

what is important to you? being within one flight of the Pool deck/Buffet? close to an elevator? no noise above you?

Well unless someone is going to give up 1640 I'm out of luck on that one. As far as where on the ship I prefer would be where it's not a long walk to the pool and food areas. And would like a quite area. I've never been on the ship so I'm not familiar with what areas would be better than others.

Well unless someone is going to give up 1640 I'm out of luck on that one. As far as where on the ship I prefer would be where it's not a long walk to the pool and food areas. And would like a quite area. I've never been on the ship so I'm not familiar with what areas would be better than others.

If you don't want a long walk to the pool then go with deck 9. Avoid deck 10 as there is a potential for noise from the pool deck above. To avoid walks stick with something close to a bank of elevators. Both the Windjammer and dining rooms are aft so choose a cabin near the aft elevator banks.

But if you're sailing next month, you already have a cabin right:confused:

Which one?

As for tips, eat breakfast and lunch in the MDR. Don't forget to ask for ice (if you want it) or they will not automatically put it in the cabin. Do sample a specialty restaurant (Giovanni's, Sabor's) and most positively do a review on here! She will be getting a lot of updates just before you sail.

Edited by BecciBoo

We are on deck 9 now I believe room 9378, we are on a wait list for a suite not sure it will come open or if we will even take it depending on the price. Would love to experience an aft balcony once but we never book early enough to snag one.

Our favorite cabins for location to dining, pool, promenade and less noise is decks 7, 8 or 9 just aft of the elevators or on the hump if possible! Usually Deck 9 is when we have a Jr. Suite booked. Deck 7 is great in my eyes because everything seems to be a few decks up or a few deck down!

What kind of tips are you looking for? We have no idea of your interests, your habits, your likes and dislikes? Give us some specifics and you should be able to get lots of info.

For example, the Solarium is a great adult outdoor area to relax with a book,stare at the ocean and chill. Check out Derek Lewis in the Pub for some laughter and fun. If you've never seen Quest, go see it if you enjoy normal adults behaving like silly willy's. Participate or don't but it has to be seen to be believed. If you are easily offended by immaturity, don't go. ;) If you have a big appetite and don't mind paying a little for specialty restaurants, Johnny Rockets is good for a quick burger and fries. Sabor is surprisingly good - even for us Texans who are snobs about Mexican food.

There are some "tips". But if you can be more specific, you can probably get more info.

What kind of tips are you looking for? We have no idea of your interests, your habits, your likes and dislikes? Give us some specifics and you should be able to get lots of info.

For example, the Solarium is a great adult outdoor area to relax with a book,stare at the ocean and chill. Check out Derek Lewis in the Pub for some laughter and fun. If you've never seen Quest, go see it if you enjoy normal adults behaving like silly willy's. Participate or don't but it has to be seen to be believed. If you are easily offended by immaturity, don't go. ;) If you have a big appetite and don't mind paying a little for specialty restaurants, Johnny Rockets is good for a quick burger and fries. Sabor is surprisingly good - even for us Texans who are snobs about Mexican food.

There are some "tips". But if you can be more specific, you can probably get more info.

can not wait to see Derek Lewis again in April on Liberty

Not really looking for anything specific just ideas about the boat, I know I'm not the only one that could use tips about the liberty so I don't want to narrow it all down. I will say my boy will be going and will be turning 6 while we're on the cruise, so we're somewhat limited to what we can and can't do. He loves the kids club but I don't want to send him there a bunch especially if he does not want to go for some reason after all we are going on the cruise because that's what he wanted to do for his bday so I want to make sure he enjoys it

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thanks for that tip, Bob! How do you get there? Is it on deck 3, 4, or 5? That seems like a perfect place to be for the sail away.

You get there by going outside on deck 4. Walk forward as far as you can go until you get to a flight of stairs. Go up the stairs, continue forward until you reach the helipad.

If you have a child, then go to the Dreamworks sailaway party on the pool deck. It's really cute and my 4 year old loved the idea that the penguins were driving the ship. The new kids pool is great too.

My kids loved the Adventure Ocean club. They wouldn't go there the entire time but went an hour or so in the afternoon and then after dinner so we could do something too.

Liberty Dunes (putt putt golf) is fun for a family activity too.