Upgrade Fairy Called

We board on the 7th which is our anniversary. Maybe we'll drive our steward crazy and sleep in a different bed every night. :D

We were in the Presidential Family suite on the Liberty in November. Fabulous room, great deck, even though it's considered an obstructed view. Its funny you say that about sleeping in different beds. Our cabin steward told us that couples have indeed done that and it was extremely frustrating because he never knew which bed to turn down. Another steward told me that they absolutely hate having that room because it take four times longer to clean, even if there are just two staying in it and they don't necessarily reduce the number of cabins they have to clean. Enjoy your room, but leave a note to your steward which bed you will be using that night, lol.

We board on the 7th which is our anniversary. Maybe we'll drive our steward crazy and sleep in a different bed every night. :D

Congrats on the amazing upgrade!!

Years ago, the 2 of us paid to upgrade to the Royal family Suite on Grandeur. The stateroom attendant specifically told us NOT to use the second bedroom or bathroom, since it was only the 2 of us. We told him not to bother cleaning the second bedroom, but we were still going to use it (my husband liked the darkness if he wanted a little nap during the day). The stateroom attendant was really peeved and let us know. I guess he was expecting tips from 8 people

Years ago, the 2 of us paid to upgrade to the Royal family Suite on Grandeur. The stateroom attendant specifically told us NOT to use the second bedroom or bathroom, since it was only the 2 of us. We told him not to bother cleaning the second bedroom, but we were still going to use it (my husband liked the darkness if he wanted a little nap during the day). The stateroom attendant was really peeved and let us know. I guess he was expecting tips from 8 people

If I scored an upgrade to a 2 bedroom, or 4 bedroom room, the room attendant would be needing to change sheets on every bed.

That's a crappy attitude - I thought the cream of the crop worked on the suites! It kind of defeats the advantage of having a huge suite when you are told by the attendant to only use the space of an interior... :mad:

Actually it was her sister the upsell fairy. I got a call from RCI tonight offering to upgrade me from my JS to the Presidential Family Suite for my upcoming Freedom cruise for $1,600.00

Yep, I took it. :D

Congratulations on your upgrade. You should have quite a cruise experience.

Please consider posting a cabin review at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24933345&postcount=1.

Did you really? :D That will be an interesting experience. I don't really know how much space 2 people can use. :p

Congratulations and enjoy! Isn't this an around your anniversary cruise? :D

Patti,

It just dawned on me. We'll be sailing with you next year on the Navigator for our next anniversary. :D

Patti,

It just dawned on me. We'll be sailing with you next year on the Navigator for our next anniversary. :D

Yes, you will be Ray! :D I'm not psychic. :p

Have a wonderful time on your anniversary cruise in the Presidential Suite! :D

~Patti :)

A couple of weeks ago I got the IRS scam call saying if I didn't pay up what I owe them they were going to arrest me. I wish they'd hurry up I'm getting tired of waiting. :cool:

Ha! I got that call last summer so I said come on! I will pack a bag. The guy replied " uh, what's your address!?" Lol! Crazy! I am still waiting! [emoji23]

That's a crappy attitude - I thought the cream of the crop worked on the suites! It kind of defeats the advantage of having a huge suite when you are told by the attendant to only use the space of an interior... :mad:

Just because they managed to get assigned to a suite doesn't mean the room attendant is personable. One of my best room stewards was when I booked an inside ... and the grumpiest was when I was in a Grand Suite.

A couple of weeks ago I got the IRS scam call saying if I didn't pay up what I owe them they were going to arrest me. I wish they'd hurry up I'm getting tired of waiting. :cool:

What A coincidence they are apparently coming to arrest me too! They called me from a Seattle number and had a last name I haven't had for 8 years..... I laughed and played with him. When he realized I was making fun of him he told me he had just put out a warrant for my arrest. I said ok I will wait outside for them and hung up.

It was reported in the news here earlier this week that a lady received a call to say she owed back taxes and a warrant was out for her arrest. She hung up. A while later, she received a call from the local police force (that's what it said on call display). It wasn't. Then a black SUV showed up at her house, so she hid and called police. It was a scam, but taken much farther than most of us expect. The people had taken off by the time the real police arrived. So as much as it's annoying and you want to have some fun with them (hey, I would too) just be careful.

Sorry for the hijack!

Congratulations on the upsell. I would have grabbed at that chance too! Maybe next summer on Harmony??!! She says hopefully...

To me, and this is just me, $1600 for this upgrade makes no sense for two people....for me that $1600 would be better used on another cruise.

Perhaps if I was sailing with several families of friends and we could all share that Royal Suite and split the additional cost and then Royal would have those cabins to redistribute through their crazy process -- but for a single couple this upgrade cost to me, isn't of value.

To me, and this is just me, $1600 for this upgrade makes no sense for two people....for me that $1600 would be better used on another cruise.

Perhaps if I was sailing with several families of friends and we could all share that Royal Suite and split the additional cost and then Royal would have those cabins to redistribute through their crazy process -- but for a single couple this upgrade cost to me, isn't of value.

At least they know they will not have to compete with you for the cabin if they ever have that opportunity again. :p

Laura looked into a last minute solo on Freedom for this coming Sunday while onboard in December. They offered her the FO on deck 2. Crazy.

Royal opened up the 2 bedroom balcony suite this morning for next weeks Jewel cruise. The site would allow me to book it solo too.

Actually it was her sister the upsell fairy. I got a call from RCI tonight offering to upgrade me from my JS to the Presidential Family Suite for my upcoming Freedom cruise for $1,600.00

Yep, I took it. :D

Was your C&A upgrade preferences set to upgrade auto or upgrade with certain restrictions, no upgrade?