Online survey regarding Europe

Old As Dirt Mom

I received the survey. It seemed to be surveying if you'd likely book a specific European cruise and which incentives would be more likely to entice you to book it. There was then an option to answer further questions. I chose that option and the questions there were more general.

Thanks. I've never received a survey (that I can recall) this location-specific. We have never cruised to Europe, and have no intention of doing so in the near future. So I wondered if it had anything to do with recent events in Europe. But Denise (DeeniEncinitas) received a similar survey last year, so I guess HAL is just trying to determine how to plan future cruise itineraries.

I have received surveys in the past, but not this one. I am already booked for Europe, so they know they've got me. This is the first cruise with zero roll call interest...I am not about to start one....should be interesting!

Karen

We have never received any surveys.

We got our first tiny brochure today -- for Canada/New England -- for the first time in about 15+ years.

We got a quite comprehensive large brochure in the mail recently. Much easier than browsing online. No surveys though.

I also received the survey. It looked to me to be more about which incentive would get you to book than actual itinerary. I also took the extended survey with the more general questions. I have never been to Europe so I don't think they were targeting a specific group of people.

We didn't a survey, but did receive the magazine advertising "Europe Voyages". We did a Mediterranean cruise on the Rotterdam a few years ago and was very good cruise. We to have been on the River Beatrice (Uniworld) on a river Danube cruise, it also was a very good (and expensive) cruise.

I wonder if there is any connection between this survey and terrorism/threats?

Maybe HAL is worried about some travelers choosing to avoid threatened areas? Are bookings down?

Edited by sail7seas

One question wanted to know about incentives. One was a drink package valued at $700. Since I only drink Diet Coke I had trouble understanding the $700. I prefer OBC which I guess is what they wanted to know.

Received the survey earlier this week. We have taken European cruises for last 4 yrs but do not have one booked for 2016. Seemed like it was geared around "what incentives" would intice you to cruise Europe. We haven't received any glossy brochures on Europe from Hal but did receive one from Cunard which we have never sailed.

Edited by freestyling

I did not get it.

With four HAL cruises behind me and two booked (a total of five cabins booked by me, the rest for family members) -- I never get any e-mail from HAL, other than confirmations that arrive promptly.

My mom, who was #3 in triples on cruise 2 and cruise 3, tells me she gets e-mail from HAL all the time. Her credit card was never used on either ship!

So go figure.

ETA, cruise 4 was TransAtlantic+Mediterranean all the way to Venice.

Edited by crystalspin