Movies inside ship

Jaylie

Are there movies every day in the Princess Theater? i see on some sample Patters that there are MUTS, but we aren't planning to go on any excursions so look forward to sitting in the theater.

Not usually, only if there is rainy or cold weather, sometimes they will have movies in the Princess Theatre or Explorers Lounge.

Most port days there will be an afternoon movie in either Princess Theater or Explorer's/Vista Lounges. Often a recent R-rated release that they couldn't show on MUTS (unless heavily edited).

Randomly picking a thread with recent patters you will see every port day, plus two of the sea days, with an indoor movie at 1:00-ish (though one title duplicated a few days later):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2300296&highlight=patters

Edited by fishywood

I've watched a few movies in the Princess Theater over the years. I prefer it over MUTS. There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to when they're shown though. Some cruises will have quite a few, others not so much. It does seem like the more popular Oscar movies wind up in the Princess Theater. I remember seeing "The Artist" and "Nebraska" in the Princess Theater when they were contenders.

Just off of the Ruby to Hawaii last weekend. I checked the patters and the only time that movies were shown in an inside venue on that cruise was on port days. They were either in the Explorer's Lounge or the Princess Theater.

Just off of the Ruby to Hawaii last weekend. I checked the patters and the only time that movies were shown in an inside venue on that cruise was on port days. They were either in the Explorer's Lounge or the Princess Theater.

That's interesting and somewhat disappointing if they have discontinued that. When we were on the Grand to Hawaii last year there was a movie in the Princess theater every day. I look forward to that as I don't normally take the time to go to the movies at home.

It will depend on the ship and the CD in charge, but most ships will have a movie in the Princess Theater in the afternoon, especially on sea days. I have seen many movies this way. I never go sit up on deck and freeze, watching a screen that may or may not work properly.

My experience is that movies in Princess Theater have always been more prevalent on port days rather than sea days. On most sea days there is either another activity in the theater--or it is closed for rehearsal of that evening's show. In certain ports there are noise regulations that preclude a movie on MUTS those days, thus one screened indoors.

My experience is that movies in Princess Theater have always been more prevalent on port days rather than sea days. On most sea days there is either another activity in the theater--or it is closed for rehearsal of that evening's show. In certain ports there are noise regulations that preclude a movie on MUTS those days, thus one screened indoors.

Well, my experience has been the opposite. It really depends on the CD, and I will say I see more movies offered on longer cruises (two weeks or more.)

It's a shame that the don't offer more movies to be shown whether it's a sea or port day but I can understand why. The number of people attending some of the movies at times are hardly more than a handful and why schedule something that isn't that popular for such a limited audience? Watching a movie isn't something that attracts most people on a cruise.

When filling out your questionnaire at the end of a cruise would be a good time to voice your concerns.