Nail Polish Color

Newbcruiser1

Hi everyone!

Sailing from NJ to the Bahamas next weekend (with an overnight in NJ at the beginning).

Totally stuck on what color to do my fingers and toes (they'll be the same). Do I go bright pink? Silver? Gold? Gray? Navy? Dark purple? Other than the metallics, I don't think any of the above will really coordinate with all of my clothes.

Any thoughts?

I love shimmers, since they sparkle in the sun. I do my own nails and since I take longer cruises, I usually pack a few colors that I own.

My fingers and toes never match, and I usually do a turquoise or coral color on toes and a shimmery pink or coral on my fingers.

I would go with a pink or coral, depending on most of your clothes main color. However, if you tend to wear silver or gold jewelry primarily, you could go with one of those in a shimmery.

Thanks all! Still stuck on what to do but you have me leaning slightly towards a bright pinky-coral for fingers and toes. I'm between that, or a very pale pink with maybe some chunky sparkles lightly brushed on as an accent nail.

Most of my clothes are black and a little bit of off-white, with some charcoal grey, a heathered coral top, a really pale pink top, a light heathered bluish gray top, and a navy shirt.

I was going to go the metallic route in silver or rose gold, as the majority of my jewelry, my sandals, and my beach bag are silver toned. I also have some silver mixed with rose gold jewelry, and I'll be wearing yellow gold jewelry on only 2 evenings.

Does any of that change your recommendations? Lol! I'm almost leaning towards the more neutral-looking pale pink.

If you will be swimming a lot, your nails will take a beating. Be sure you have a bottle of your color with you so you can touch-up on board. Nothing worse than not being able to touch up any chipped polish. Also, I learned the hard way that going to the spa for a nice pre-cruise pedicure is a treat, but if I don't have a bottle of the same (or at least similar) toe color in my make up bag, I'm in big trouble! On a warm weather cruise, toesies are on display! :D:p

If you will be swimming a lot, your nails will take a beating. Be sure you have a bottle of your color with you so you can touch-up on board. Nothing worse than not being able to touch up any chipped polish. Also, I learned the hard way that going to the spa for a nice pre-cruise pedicure is a treat, but if I don't have a bottle of the same (or at least similar) toe color in my make up bag, I'm in big trouble! On a warm weather cruise, toesies are on display! :D:p

Good advice.

My polish always fades/changes color when in chlorine and the hand sanitizers on the ships are brutal on some polish. Whichever color you choose, be sure to bring the polish with you for a fresh coat.

Yup I always bring the bottle with me, as well as remover wipes in case of big chips, and top coat! :)

I'll never forget when I cruised a few years ago with brand new Essie sparkly nail polish - it was popping off of whole fingers every time I would do anything small like dig through my purse, or wheel my suitcase around. I had the bottle with me for re-do's but it was becoming a nightly occurrence! I finally had to go buy a new bottle in port!

The things we ladies do to look pretty! ;)