If you order luggage tags on-line

pbrady

I prefer to pass my luggage over with tags that I know are correct.

Gordon - Did you miss where I said to make sure the cabin number written is correct? Of course you want the number to be correct as do I. The idea of stapling the paper ones on the handle IMO is worse than nothing. The string tags they use at the piers do not fall or rip off as easily.

I prefer to pass my luggage over with tags that I know are correct.

Gordon - Did you miss where I said to make sure the cabin number written is correct? Of course you want the number to be correct as do I. The idea of stapling the paper ones on the handle IMO is worse than nothing. The string tags they use at the piers do not fall or rip off as easily.

Hi Az-tchr

Some of us just do like to be sorted in advance. Plus I do think there is a difference between someone just putting your number on a label and the printed label that indicates the quadrant of the ship you are on, suite guest....

If you are happy with someone scribbling your room number on at the port fine, but some of us just like to help embarkation and our luggage arriving in a timely fashion in our room by using the 'Heath Robinson' principles.

Gordon, let us know if you develop the British master luggage label before we do!

Here is my story. Our next cruise is in March. I have ordered the luggage tags twice now. I have printed out the tags, folded them and laminated them with laminating paper with a glue backing. As I'm going to Turkey on Monday. I just want to get things in order for vacation.

On our last cruise there were 11 of us. I got distracted and left my roller bag in the check in area. My father asked someone about my bag. They said oh yes we have it here. Here was my bag with my room number on it. They must have looked my name up and were going to send it to my cabin.

Celebrity does many things very good and other things great. We need to remember all the things that Celebrity does do right.

Same story here. We leave Sunday on the Eclipse. I also ordered them twice from the website and received nothing. Was going to order them through the Captain's Club then thought forget it. Too close now. As we have done many times before we'll just have the porter attach them. No biggie, it's just a matter of principle. How can they not fix a glitch on the website since it affects literally all of their passengers. I guess tons of calls to the Captain's Club doesn't matter

My wife and I leave on Reflection 2/27. We are driving to Florida from New York State two weeks before this cruise leaves. This will be our 6th cruise on Celebrity, always were able to get baggage tags in advance with no real problems on previous trips. My travel agent requested tags for us and nothing was received. I also requested via the web site and no tags. Last week I called and Celebrity told me that they had never been ordered. I told them that we leave for Florida on 2/14, they told me that the rep. could not put a rush on them. I understand cruise lines wanting to cut costs but how much can pre printed paper with adhesive backing cost the cruise line? They should easily be able to absorb this cost with their savings of fuel costs.

I was just on the phone to Celebrity (about something else) and asked about luggage tags in the UK and it was confirmed that in the UK we dont get luggage tags, we either have to print out from the website or get them put on at the dock.

Seriously? You are going to waste an hour to get some tags a porter at the dock would put on your bags in under a minute. Why bother? The system obviously is not any better now than it was a month ago or the month before that for ordering luggage tags.

Would it not be easier to give a porter you cabin number, WATCH them write the correct number on your bag tags, and check in for your cruise?

QUOTE]

Seriously, If I have to waste an hour to get my luggage tags in the mail then I will waste that hour. I can always put the phone on speaker while I peruse Cruise Critics.

Or, I can call my CVP who will call me back within 4 - 6 hours and request them through her.

I have several friends cruising in the next month & I am helping them with a few things. There are 4 cabins on three different ships. The 2nd week in January I ordered all their luggage tags on-line. I hit submit for each & waited. The site says you should have them in 7 to 10 days. Nothing. I re-ordered all of them & hit 'submit' for each booking. After 10 days - nothing. I have done this on several previous cruises with no problem. Yesterday I called Celebrity to see what the issue was since the first ones to leave are getting close. The gentleman I talked was very nice but told me that the on-line request for luggage tags hasn't been working much lately & that the requests were never received. There is no way for anyone to know that when they think they ordered them. Some of you may have received their luggage tags, but if you haven't, I suggest you call I request them by phone.

I ordered them from the site and never received them. So, I printed them out.

Was just fine

Same thing happened to us. Called on Tuesday and was told that the X system was not recognizing those requests for a few weeks. Also was told we may now not receive the luggage tags by February 20 because it takes 2-3 weeks. Not a big deal but does reflect the lack of overall customer service.

I ordered them for our cruise in March when I was able to, then yesterday put through my second request. I was expecting that maybe I'd get a message that my tags had already been ordered, but didn't. Anyway, two requests now. Still have plenty of time, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to print them.

Are the paper X tags same size as RC? I ordered some of those plastic holders a few years ago on Amazon.

I 'm thinking this is all too much concern. Cruise luggage tags are not like airline luggage tags - there is much less risk. On a cruise , put your room number on a tag with a porter. They will normally arrive. Generally they are not out of the carriers control. No airport.

If you are flying to the port the problem is you always have to bring a stapler with the e-luggage tags.

We use plastic holders......we get them online....works great and can be used over and over again!

favors by serendipity is the website.

Edited by suzyed

I have always been able to order luggage tags on Celebrity's website after completing my e-Docs and X-press pass. Not this year. :( Ordered x2 without success. Called Captains Club on Monday....received Luggage Tags today (Saturday). Kudos to Captain's Club staff.

What is going on Celebrity!?!?:( :eek: I wish this was the first time Celebrity has disappointed me in the past year....sadly not....just a different issue. Trending downhill.

If you are flying to the port the problem is you always have to bring a stapler with the e-luggage tags.

There is another option. The Cruise Critic store (probably Amazon too, but I have never looked there) sells clear plastic reusable holders for paper printouts of the e-luggage tags. These durable holders have loops that can hook on to your luggage wherever you might have attached your sticky, hard copy tags. And yes they can be used for your next cruise too. No more waiting and wondering if Celebrity (or any other cruise line) is going to send tags.

David

I have always been able to order luggage tags on Celebrity's website after completing my e-Docs and X-press pass. Not this year. :( Ordered x2 without success. Called Captains Club on Monday....received Luggage Tags today (Saturday). Kudos to Captain's Club staff.

What is going on Celebrity!?!?:( :eek: I wish this was the first time Celebrity has disappointed me in the past year....sadly not....just a different issue. Trending downhill.

The X website is trending downhill? Did not think a website that does not function correctly about 1/2 the time would get worse. There was lots of discussion in Nov/Dec about luggage tags when the system shut down there evidently entirely.

I 'm thinking this is all too much concern. Cruise luggage tags are not like airline luggage tags - there is much less risk. On a cruise , put your room number on a tag with a porter. They will normally arrive. Generally they are not out of the carriers control. No airport.

I don't think that the real concern is the luggage tags; it's Celebrity's website and poor service. If it was functioning properly, no one would have to order tags but once.

For me personally, it is a convenience that Celebrity offers that I have used in the past without difficulty. This time, there was a glitch and this post helped me to realize it. Two staterooms, one I ordered online and they never came. The other I needed to order through Captain's Club due to a booking issue. Those came as scheduled. Easy fix, I just called Captain's club for the ones that I ordered online. Should come this week. Thanks to the original poster :)

Yes, those of us on Cruise Critics now know the "work around" the Celebrity website glitch is to not bother to order Luggage Tags on line...because of high risk that you will not receive them. Instead call Captains Club.

My concern is this adds to the number of things that Celebrity "no longer provides". That is actually what disappoints me with the direction Celebrity is going.

It seems like Celebrity cruisers can more readily identify the things Celebrity is NOT doing as well as 2 years ago...versus what things they are doing better.

Becky

Yes, those of us on Cruise Critics now know the "work around" the Celebrity website glitch is to not bother to order Luggage Tags on line...because of high risk that you will not receive them. Instead call Captains Club.

My concern is this adds to the number of things that Celebrity "no longer provides". That is actually what disappoints me with the direction Celebrity is going.

It seems like Celebrity cruisers can more readily identify the things Celebrity is NOT doing as well as 2 years ago...versus what things they are doing better.

Becky

You bring up an excellent point. I'm sure there are many Celebrity Cruises that do not know about Cruise Critic and do not know about some of the "work around" recommended here on CC. If I didn't know I would call my TA and let them handle the issue. Hopefully the TA would know what to do.

Hi there

You are lucky in UK its print your own now none being sent out.

Hope your well

Johm

Hi there

You are lucky in UK its print your own now none being sent out.

Hope your well

Johm

At least you've been made aware of the UK policy unlike us in the U.S that are still being miss lead by Celebrity's nonfunctional website at least for ordering luggage tags. I'm going to call the Captains Club and request our luggage tags for our 3 April 2016 Cruise and not even screw trying to order them online. Maybe if enough of us call the Captains Club they will get sick of all the request that should be done with a simple click and turn in a trouble ticket to the IT department. Yes sometimes I pretend to look at different situations through rose colored glasses!

Edited by davekathy