Two cruise ships at the OPT at once

gbenjo

For anyone interested, next Saturday 13th Feb there will be, for the first time, two cruise ships docked at the OPT at the same time. The Azamara Quest will be here for her second cruise from Sydney and also Ponants' Le Soleal will be berthed there as well. Admittedly they are both relatively small ships (Quest about 660 pax and Le Soleal around 150) but could be a good photo op. for those that way inclined.:)

Thanks Graham, take up less space than something like Diamond or Solstice.

Do you know how they'll go about disembarking.

Divide the OPT?

We may (doubt it but may) need to come down and pick up Mrs Gut's mate off Azamara.

For anyone interested, next Saturday 13th Feb there will be, for the first time, two cruise ships docked at the OPT at the same time. The Azamara Quest will be here for her second cruise from Sydney and also Ponants' Le Soleal will be berthed there as well. Admittedly they are both relatively small ships (Quest about 660 pax and Le Soleal around 150) but could be a good photo op. for those that way inclined.:)

I take it you will be working due to the Azamara being there, can you grab a pick for us please?:D

Does anyone know what the two small cruise ships were at White Bay yesterday? Are they the same ones?

Just caught a glimpse of them when i was going over the Anzac bridge.

No... The two ships at White Bay yesterday were the Europa ( German) and the Pacific Venus ( Japanese). The Europa was at the OPT on Friday.

Thanks Graham, take up less space than something like Diamond or Solstice.

Do you know how they'll go about disembarking.

Divide the OPT?

We may (doubt it but may) need to come down and pick up Mrs Gut's mate off Azamara.

My "educated" guess would be, seeing that they are only small numbers on both ships that the Quest will use the main baggage hall and the Le Soleal will use baggage hall two although Le Soleal may only be a port of call and not an embark/ debark but plenty of room for both if need be. Embark could be interesting but once again because the numbers are small I cannot see it being a drama.

Edited by gbenjo

I take it you will be working due to the Azamara being there, can you grab a pick for us please?:D

i may need to get Joanne aka Packetau to take photos as my phone took a "spill" :eek:and the camera no longer works but I will try and remember to take my camera on the day.

i may need to get Joanne aka Packetau to take photos as my phone took a "spill" :eek:and the camera no longer works but I will try and remember to take my camera on the day.

No worries, I meant to say last time it was Joanne that checked us in for the Solstice.:D

If anyone would know it would be you Graham.

BTW, Seabourn's Seabourn Odyssey and Silver Sea's Silver Whisper is also in port on Saturday.

I haven't found anything on Ponant's Le Soleal whether it has embarkation or not.

Just checked out Ponants website and yes it is a debark / embark in Sydney on the 13th and they cruise up to the Whitsundays (10 days ) and debark in Cairns so should be a fun day.

No worries, I meant to say last time it was Joanne that checked us in for the Solstice.:D

Yep ....taught her everything she knows :D:D.......but doesn't she go on about those world cruises etc:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

On Australia Day I think I saw two P&O ships at the White Bay terminal.:)

White Bay quite often has two ships berthed there and usually only one of those ships needs passengers "processed" as one is normally only doing a port of call visit but it is a rarity at the OPT due to the size of the ships that berth there.

Edited by gbenjo

White Bay quite often has two ships berthed there and usually only one of those ships needs passengers "processed" as one is normally only doing a port of call visit but it is a rarity at the OPT due to the size of the ships that berth there.

Just wondering is there something at White Bay too.

On the tablet can't get PDFs to open or I'd check the Port Schedule.

The following weekend (20th/21st) both Aurora and Queen Elizabeth arrive for overnight stays with Aurora at the OPT on Saturday and Athol Buoy on Sunday. Other way round for Queen Elizabeth.

Edited by datone

The following weekend (20th/21st) both Aurora and Queen Elizabeth arrive for overnight stays with Aurora at the OPT on Saturday and Athol Buoy on Sunday. Other way round for Queen Elizabeth.

Great work for letting us know. That will be cool as well.:D