second pass 1/2 off a good deal?

Dorie7

Is the promotion with second passenger for 1/2 price and a $300 credit considered a good deal or should I wait for a better deal?

We are looking for a cruise for next january.

Thanks for any advice! It has been years since we cruised and I am completely out of the loop!:)

Is the promotion with second passenger for 1/2 price and a $300 credit considered a good deal or should I wait for a better deal?

We are looking for a cruise for next january.

Thanks for any advice! It has been years since we cruised and I am completely out of the loop!:)

It is not going to get any better than this.

BOGOHO has been running in one form or another since May 2014.

:eek::rolleyes:

If you are a C & A member just ask to be sure that any associated tier discount is not automatically applied in lieu of the OBC.

There may be a condition of OBC or C & A discount - but not both together - and you want to be sure the C & A discount is not applied as the default v the OBC as the OBC clearly would be the greater value of the two.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You simply need to look at bottom line. What is the total cost of the cruise for 2 after all discounts, OBC, drink packages, etc. Doesn't matter if it's a BOGOHO or not. If you get a price and deduct C & A benefit it could be cheaper than some "sale." So price all options and take the most financially beneficial.

With the C & A discount we ended up saving only 25$ more than we would have with the "promotion" it seems the cost of the cabins are not very realistic to start with . Like the price was jacked up before the discount promotion .

We are still paying several hundred dollars more than we used to.

It may not get better than this, but the BOGO frustrates many long time cruisers because RCL raised many prices before the BOGO promotion. I've not been able to find any really good deals since BOGO has started. The best for me has to book as soon as they new season is announced because the prices only seem to increase.

Good Luck with your situation

The BOGO deal is the only deal in town, its not really a deal but it is what it is.

The OBC level being offered changes up and down over time, at the $300 level that's about as high as it goes.

Under US booking rules you can take advantage of repricing to a better sale if one does happen to come along, so its best to book the best deal you see and then monitor for a better deal if one comes along.