Changes to Crown & Anchor

Haven't set foot in either the Concierge or Diamond lounges since they started loading drinks on our cards last year. We'd much rather sit outside and watch the ocean than sit in a crowded room with people who bathe in cologne and spend their evening counting each others wrinkles:eek:

Does this mean that when you get old you will keep your stinking wrinkled body at home so the rest of us will not have to look at you? just asking:D

When we were on Oasis last September, they encouraged us to make reservations for the entire week as soon as we could, so we would not be disappointed later in the cruise. I suppose they could have a policy of bumping JS guests if a full suite guest wants that time slot, but that would really surprise me.

Hi, are you saying Junior Suite guests currently have access to Coastal Kitchen on Oasis..?

Thanks

Haven't set foot in either the Concierge or Diamond lounges since they started loading drinks on our cards last year. We'd much rather sit outside and watch the ocean than sit in a crowded room with people who bathe in cologne and spend their evening counting each others wrinkles:eek:

I have been looking on the Crown and Anchor website for this particular benefit but I cannot find it anywhere. Can you explain this to me or direct me to where I may find out about it? Thanks.

I've stated this before: RCI rewards those that pay more dollars for their current cruise than those who may have accumulated C&A points over past years by staying in the less expensive or interior cabins.

Even if you are D or D+, what have you done for RCI recently? Suite guests are paying dearly for a Suites Lounge and access to Coastal Kitchen with their gold colored Seapass cards.

If you want more exclusive perks and less crowded lounges, then pay for them by booking Grand Suites and above.

To say that diamond is easy to get to is silly. I am about to hit diamond after my next cruise in march and I am super excited. Been loyal to this line since I have been able to make my own vacation decicions. If you think there are too many people taking advantage of the benefits of being a frequent cruiser the Royal is doing its job.

I went back through my history. The numbers below include cruise fare and gratuities but not on board spending or transportation (no drinks, shore excursions, air, taxi, parking hotel ...). On all but one I was a solo cruiser.

It took me seven cruises to reach Diamond which cost me $15,302.21 (an average of $2,186.03).

It took me four more cruises to reach D+ which cost me $8,287.13 (for an average of $2,071.28) for a grand total of $23,589.34 (for an average of $2,144.49).

I have since been on one cruise and have one more book costing me $5,708.28 (for an average of $2,854.14) for a grand total of $29,297.62 (for an average of $2,253.66).

Edited by Cuizer2

Okay-jumping in-here goes:

Husband and I are both Diamond-he is a long way from Diamond plus I am 8 points away. Rumors sound like changes coming in May. Any recommendations to whether we should cruise the eight nights before May?

Just wondering because it sounds like he would also get the Diamond Plus benefits when we cruise together in same cabin?-is that correct?

Thanks in advance

Husband and I are both Diamond-he is a long way from Diamond plus I am 8 points away. Rumors sound like changes coming in May. Any recommendations to whether we should cruise the eight nights before May?

Just wondering because it sounds like he would also get the Diamond Plus benefits when we cruise together in same cabin?-is that correct?

Thanks in advance

He should have the same number of points showing on C&A as you. If you're cruising together you both show as the same tier.

Thanks in advance

Forget-about-the -rumors. Cruise when you want to cruise. DH will always have your point count, even if he cruises solo. That is until you separate, or de-link, for what ever reason, then he will revert back to his earned points. Getting to D+ has a few advantages but not enough to fret about, IMVHO.

One of you could do a 4 night cruise solo (or 3 nights in a JS) and get those 8 points. But being so close to it seems like it would be worth it. Just in case.

And if you share a cabin with someone who has the same address they get your higher status for the cruise. My ex got diamond when we cruised together and we weren't married.

One of you could do a 4 night cruise solo (or 3 nights in a JS) and get those 8 points. But being so close to it seems like it would be worth it. Just in case.

And if you share a cabin with someone who has the same address they get your higher status for the cruise. My ex got diamond when we cruised together and we weren't married.

Actually only she would get the benefit of doing a solo cruise, not he, in regard to getting to D+ with the addition of 8 points. Then they both would be D+. But if someone has to make the sacrifice, I'm pretty sure she would be willing.

Edited by Tagsalong

I have been looking on the Crown and Anchor website for this particular benefit but I cannot find it anywhere. Can you explain this to me or direct me to where I may find out about it? Thanks.

Not so much of a perk, more like a primal ritual;)

Actually only she would get the benefit of doing a solo cruise, not he, in regard to getting to D+ with the addition of 8 points. Then they both would be D+. But if someone has to make the sacrifice, I'm pretty sure she would be willing.

You're right. She's the one that would have to do it to get the D+

My thinking on D+ - which may be just wishful thinking - is that we will still get ample perks if they make changes. I just think D's will take more of a hit. If there is even a hit. After all, we are all just speculating. :)

Have to say I really enjoyed my D+ quest. Had a lot of fun cruises and got to know some crew members really well.

I hope that RCI reads this thread......

In Australia and New Zealand we don't have the problem of over-crowding in the DL and CL.

n.

I was on the Rhapsody last Feb. Both the DL and CL had to extend out to the Viking Crown Lounge every night. The DL had to take almost half the Viking, while the CL, took a small portion initially when opened. Typically after 6, we all fit in the CL. Other than the first night, I never really felt the CL being very crowded, but I always got there early to get a decent seat. The CL wasn't being used much in the morning, while the DL did. So there is quite a big different between the lounges, even in Australia.

I got that information directly from the concierge who read it off his sheet. We are on a 10 night cruise which attracts an unusually large amount of frequent, retired cruisers. Many are on B2B or longer. One couple has been on since October. If you don't believe me, since apparently you know it all, why don't you call the concierge on the Serenade yourself and ask? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I can't afford it.:)

Not sure why you posted such a snarky response when all I did was ask a reasonable question based on the numbers.

I went back through my history. The numbers below include cruise fare and gratuities but not on board spending or transportation (no drinks, shore excursions, air, taxi, parking hotel ...). On all but one I was a solo cruiser.

It took me seven cruises to reach Diamond which cost me $15,302.21 (an average of $2,186.03).

It took me four more cruises to reach D+ which cost me $8,287.13 (for an average of $2,071.28) for a grand total of $23,589.34 (for an average of $2,144.49).

I have since been on one cruise and have one more book costing me $5,708.28 (for an average of $2,854.14) for a grand total of $29,297.62 (for an average of $2,253.66).

Interesting to see the actual amount that it could take to reach a C&A status.

Suite guests and diamond and above C&A members were given access to both lounges, mainly because the CL is on deck 9 in the middle of nowhere with NO windows and very daggy furniture despite Explorer's recent $100m revitalisation.

On Voyager class vessels the DL is better... much better.

But on the Radiance you'll find the CL is a nicer place to be at.

I also don't believe people should confuse loyalty perks with suite perks. The two should be different and complement one another. Plus it should be about the overall experience, not whether you get a free milk shake.

I agree, and the same applies to some airlines. Take Singapore Airlines for instance - they have separate lounges for loyalty customers and those who travel in biz/first. The latter are much better.

Are they (RCI) say on their new perk list that you can eat there and then say sorry, no room.......

I think this applies to a lot of places. Even the kids club, when full, just turns parents and their children away. On our last cruise there was literally a huge line outside the kids club about 20 mins before it opened because panicked parents didn't want their kid(s) to miss out.

Edited by astera

Thanks for sharing how much it takes to reach D and D+ status. I also think your post proves why the changes are necessary. The truth is that some suite guests pay in one sailing more than what you paid to reach Diamond.

Back when D were allowed in the CL we sailed on the Jewel as suite guests. The CL was always so crowded that we were never able to find a seat and enjoy a perk we paid for. Same thing happened a year and a half ago on the Adventure. As D+ we had the option of going to the DL but some suite guests didn't. Our last RCCL was also also on a suite, this time the Oasis, and it was wonderful. We enjoyed the SL and Coastal Kitchen a lot. Didn't need to visit the DL.

I know that for RCCL it is hard to balance keeping your loyal customers happy and trying to attract suite guests. We are cruising this summer with Celebrity. As suite guests we get unlimited internet, premium beverage package, a concierge lounge (Michael's Club), suite dining room (Luminae) and a butler. We are also booked on the Adventure for NYE, still loyal to Royal.

Happy cruising everyone!

Thanks for sharing, I would be it interested to see how you could get from D to D+ in only 4 cruises.

I started doing a similar project to see how much I might have spent to get to Pinnacle, but my doctor said my heart was not strong enough to undertake such an exercise. :eek: