Anthem keeps docking us around

shaun07

Does anyone know how the parking refund works? There was no one to ask in the garage this morning. I paid with a credit card, so will the parking company refund me based on the date of my transaction (Feb 6) or will I have to mail my receipt to RCI?

almost every crew member i asked about the state of the ship mentioned something about dry dock

Me too. The concensus was that there is damage to propulsion, stabilisers and some minor structural issues. Nothing that would make the ship unseaworthy but enough to make it slow and uncomfortable for passengers.

Does anyone know how the parking refund works? There was no one to ask in the garage this morning. I paid with a credit card, so will the parking company refund me based on the date of my transaction (Feb 6) or will I have to mail my receipt to RCI?

I filled out a form in the garage when i got off

There are computers on board.

On the Anthem specifically, they are on Deck 6 in the Library. This is on the balcony level of Two70.

:)

Only about 4 of them.

Very few in a situation where many people wanted to use them.

It's really designed for wifi only, with the computers just for exceptions.

e6a205a07d57fa48e834dc44e1e48b14.jpg

I have calculated the tilt by measuring the horizontal and the water as the two levels.

cos-1 0.986 = 9.527 degrees.

A bit shy of 30 degrees but close.

I know it would feel like more when there.

Right, it could feel like a lot more. Swaying curtains and sloshing water won't give an accurate "reading" of the actual tilt, but can help portray how fast or violent the listing was. Consider this - take a glass half full of water and while keeping the bottom flat on the table, start sliding it back and forth with your hand. The angle of the top of the water in the glass will look at any given instant like your whole house is tilted 15-20 degrees! While we know that's not true, its still proof that glass of water was MOVING something serious.

Me too. The concensus was that there is damage to propulsion, stabilisers and some minor structural issues. Nothing that would make the ship unseaworthy but enough to make it slow and uncomfortable for passengers.

yup. enough to make me happy to be off it!

When I got there, there was a gent from the parking garage company with a clipboard and taking down our names and last 4 digits of the card we used. They will refund back to card within 4 weeks. If you paid cash, they will reimburse with a check. I would check the car tag they stuck in your dashboard for the company name and contact them. If you tossed yours, mine is till sitting in my car and I can grab it in the morning and let you know.

When I got there, there was a gent from the parking garage company with a clipboard and taking down our names and last 4 digits of the card we used. They will refund back to card within 4 weeks. If you paid cash, they will reimburse with a check. I would check the car tag they stuck in your dashboard for the company name and contact them. If you tossed yours, mine is till sitting in my car and I can grab it in the morning and let you know.

Thanks. We didn't see him this morning. I do have the card and my receipt so I'll try calling tomorrow.

exactly ....now that i think about it maybe I should be expecting a game stop charge :p

Let's see if this works or you. There are close to 5,000 passengers on board this ship. You have all just come out of a fairly scary two days. You are still out in the middle of the ocean with very few options as to where to dock and the seas are still choppy.

So let's get the captain to come on the PA and tell all the passengers that half the propulsion system for the ship is broken and we may have a few other things wrong that we do not know until we reach shore and we will have to limp into port. Do you think that response in the middle of the ocean would have been better than the one you got?

I don't think that is better in terms of making guests not worry, and I don't think it would be right for them to speculate on future potential unknown damage, but a true assessment as known at the time of propulsion capabilities should have been told to guests.

We may tell little white lies or half truths to children to protect them but that doesn't really fly IMO between companies / adults.

Je suis désolée aussi!

I was on from October 23 - November 15. It was MY lifeboat! :eek:

Gah. I was at the other end of the deck. Got a couple great shots of the lifeboat..but, I assume you do too. All I can do when I think about it is how lucky it was that it happened at 4/5am. That and how puzzled I was when I got woken up by texts from everyone I know asking if I was alright.

Gah. I was at the other end of the deck. Got a couple great shots of the lifeboat..but, I assume you do too. All I can do when I think about it is how lucky it was that it happened at 4/5am. That and how puzzled I was when I got woken up by texts from everyone I know asking if I was alright.

And I woke up on the floor.

Threw me right out of bed.

I had no idea WHY until later.

almost every crew member i asked about the state of the ship mentioned something about dry dock

Wait you are both saying that many crew members talked to you and said that the ship was going to go into dry dock and there was structural damage?:confused::confused: Seems to go against what a crew member who is paid by the ship would be willing to talk with a passenger about. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me when you are paid to work on a ship you wouldn't be saying any rumors to passengers. Especially rumors about the possible non seaworthiness of the ship.:confused:

:)

Explorer-of-the-Seas-damage-does-not-affect-safety.jpg

My eyesight is not so good. Can you read the facts to me? So far I have:

1. Anthem of the Seas got caught in a bad storm and had to ride out some very rough seas.

2. The storm was forecast prior to Anthem's departure from NJ. (Though there is some disagreement about exactly how close the forecast was to what was actually encountered.)

3. The ship sustained some minor damage, but there were not serious injuries, and only a handful of minor injuries, to passengers.

4. The cruise was cut short and headed back to NJ trailing behind the storm system.

5. The passengers were promised a full refund of their cruise fare and 50% credit toward a future cruise.

6. Royal Caribbean announced some changes in the way they'll monitor the weather and its potential impact on cruises in the future.

I know there are lots of details I've left out, but what key facts did I miss or get wrong?

RC admitted they made a mistake.

Many passengers on the ship, from accounts I have read, do not think RCCL intentionally but a ship and passengers in harms way but rather did these things by making a mistake or series of mistakes.

Many passengers were upset with the initial arrival time back at port stated as one thing 6am, proceed to start the time consuming task of amending travel plans only to find out after 5 hours of no additional info that the 6am arrival is now more like a 9pm arrival. So please adjust all your travel plans and accommodations once again.

Then listen to all the reports that state all seasoned cruisers have encountered similar weather events and might possibly be blowing up a bit of what the true hardship and terror was involved and to what extent. After all the cruise was free , could the terror you felt with death at sea a real possibility in you cruise novice brain just have been a gross exaggeration. Maybe you felt slightly vindicated when the much saught after ultimate "seasoned cruiser" was on your cruise. He happened to be the captain with 18 years experience on the seas. Seas known to have very turbulent weather. This captain said his experience on board this ship during this storm was the worst day at sea he ever had.

Maybe some people were freaked out because when you are ordered to your cabin and it seems to be rolling 45 degrees even if it is actually rolling 15 degrees you still feel like death is a real possibility. if there was a meter in the room along with a plaque stating if the meter reads above 45 degree you have a reason to be concerned. it it reads 5 -15 degrees you have every right to be scared sh***ss and think you are going to die but in realty you are being a pussy so just wait it out. That might elevate some of the fear felt.

Just one more small parting gift. We know we told you you have accommodations until Saturday but now we want you off Thursday morning, Please stay elsewhere in an area you may or may not be familiar with because the room we said was yours to rent is no longer available. Please come back to visit on another cruise and enjoy that free keychain you won.

I'm sure I missed some facts, please feel free to fill in the blanks

Karina, I met her on that cruise and she is as fabulous as you think she is. :D:p;)

I missed both of you?

Okay. I *REALLY* have to pay more attention to the Roll Calls. It's just usually by the time I sign on, there's already 100 pages and my eyes glaze over.

You're so good at detective work. Nice catch[emoji3]

DUH! Aquahound is a detective. If you watch NCIS........and the lead....is the same level that Aquahound is with CGIS.

And yes, he is brilliant at what he does and his reports are spot on. He gives information, much more than feelings.

I have read through this thread to this point..which I still have about 7 hours to catch up on.

I can tell a story of being caught up in a typhoon in the Sea of Japan. But I won't, because this thread is about those that were actually onboard.

When the seasoned Captain, who I know personally, said that this was his worst day at sea.........then I can accept anyone that was onboard to say that they might die, because they have never experienced anything like this in their lives.

Please, at this point, let the passengers tell their story. Whether it be good or bad, some of these people have just joined Cruise Critic, so that they can vent. That needs to be allowed.

This is my second post on this thread. I will only post, as Paul, and Cheng and a few others, have only answered with facts, while there seems to be more emotion coming from the CC members that were not aboard, as there are CC members that were aboard.

Blame can be put anywhere, and please let the ones that were aboard, make their blame be known. Most have no clue to the laws, but they need to vent!

Am I repeating myself!!??

Welcome home to everyone on the Anthem sailing to nowhere!!

Rick