Celebrity Bed Comfort

beadworker

Bed comfort is certainly subjective but we found them exceptionally comfortable. Those on Royal slightly less so. Remember beds vary from cabin to cabin and are not all replaced at the same time.

Also welcome to cruise critic. If you want to change a post right after writing simply edit it - lots easier.

I think Celebrity has the most comfortable beds of any cruise line that I have tried. I like a super soft mattress, which is what I have at home, and while I wouldn't describe them as super soft onboard, they are pretty comfortable. I have never needed to request a mattress topper on Celebrity nor have I woken up with a stiff back as I have on other lines.

Beds are subjective. DH likes a very firm bed. I like a little less so. We both are happy and stress free while cruising and sleep like babies. Never had a problem on ANY line. (Pillows can be more an issue for me.)

Tough to say what you need to sleep comfortably.:o

While the ship may start with the same mattresses, they do not get the same wear. Even on the same ship, different cabins will have mattresses that are or are not comfortable. For example, I sailed on the Summit 3 times this year. One cabin had a great mattress. The onthers were less comfortable. When I saw the big sag in the mattress, the cabin steward brought a foam egg crate pad which helped. It also happens in hotels. If you get a cabin with a bad mattress, say something.

We are not fans of the mattresses in the S-class ships. Due to room shape limitations, the mattresses are curved at the foot end. They look nice, and are necessary based on the shape of the cabin, but they are difficult for taller people to sleep on. I am 6' and my feet hangover the end of the bed. Even my shorter wife has problems with this issue.

I assume that suites, and maybe other cabins, do not have this problem. My comment is based on AQ cabins and I imagine all standard size cabins. Not a deal killer at all, we have sailed in AQ cabins 3 times.

While the ship may start with the same mattresses, they do not get the same wear. Even on the same ship, different cabins will have mattresses that are or are not comfortable. For example, I sailed on the Summit 3 times this year. One cabin had a great mattress. The onthers were less comfortable. When I saw the big sag in the mattress, the cabin steward brought a foam egg crate pad which helped. It also happens in hotels. If you get a cabin with a bad mattress, say something.

So true about different use on the mattresses. I remember a thread on the RCI board on here where a woman was saying that they needed a certain kind of suite so that there was "plenty of room for her special needs kids to jump on the beds". Mattresses subjected to treatment like that are definitely going to go bad than those just used for sleeping. I strongly suspect she is not the only parent who lets her little snowflakes jump on the beds.

There has been a lot of chatter on the Royal Carib. boards about how firm their new mattresses are. I suspect the OP is trying to compare. I haven't had a problem on Royal, this is first time on Celebrity and it sounds like we will be fine here too. However, one of my friends cruised with us on Royal a few years ago and said she could not sleep at all because her bed was too firm. It is very subjective but I would go with prior advice and maybe ask for a topper asap upon boarding and trying out your bed. Whatever happens, please enjoy your cruise!

We actually did encounter a mattress on the now long-gone Century which both my husband and I found to be very uncomfortable. The cabin attendant located an eggshell type mattress topper which helped considerably.

But I just want to add a comment regarding pillows -- whether or not a cabin category is eligible for the ephemeral pillow menu, if your pillows are not comfortable just ask for a different type.