Zuiderdam the good the bad.

Watson's aunt

Hi

I took the cruise on January 15 to the Panama Canal. I took this same cruise a couple of years ago. I do not like the layout of this ship. I spent more time lost.

we lets start. The first night of cruise I fell coming back from dinner no was around me but I was banged up. I had to cuts above my eyebrow, and bruised my thigh. I did not think I need to go to medical. I was looking forward to Half moon clay. this is why I took this cruise again. The sea's were a little choppy. As I was getting off the ship on to the the tender the ship went up and the tender went down and I smack my hand/arm on a metal bar. so I went ahead but when I got to the water there were waves and I was afraid I would fall. so I went back to ship and to the medical dept. I am on blood thinners and now my arm was very swollen and sore. The doctor was not there he would be at 5. The nurses were wonderful. I returned at 5 and trying to find the medical dept after a 1/2 hr someone from desk took me there. The Doctor was also wonderful. I also had to talk to security.They were wonderful. The front desk called a few times to make sure I was ok. I also have a very nice flower arrangement. % stars to Hal. Since I travel solo it was nice to know they cared.

Tomorrow I will write about the cruise.

Mary

Sorry to hear about all your travails. HAL is a first class operation, and I am glad they took good care of you.

From what you wrote, it looks like you need a wheelchair/walker to be safely mobile, and should not go on tenders.

Take the proper measures to get around, and avoid getting hurt.

Edited by jpelleti007

Mary, I am so sorry to hear about your falls, and hope you are healing now. My husband once had one of those unfortunate incidents with the ship going up and the tender going down, it is quite frightening. Glad to hear they sent you some flowers.

Mary, I hope your arm is much better now. We were on the Zuiderdam the cruise prior to yours. The weather was not that good (the worst day of the cruise) when we were at Half Moon Cay. Even though tenders were running to the island, we chose to stay aboard the ship, which was a first for us. Looking forward to reading your review.