Luggage tags?

Abbabug

Hi everyone,

First time cruiser on the Oasis on Mar 26th.

Read that the luggage tags will be printed off with the cruise documents. Do I have to buy special luggage tag holders to slip these into? Any other way around this? I'm cheap :)

We don't use luggage tags on our luggage. We mark them with coloured ribbons.

Hi everyone,

First time cruiser on the Oasis on Mar 26th.

Read that the luggage tags will be printed off with the cruise documents. Do I have to buy special luggage tag holders to slip these into? Any other way around this? I'm cheap :)

We don't use luggage tags on our luggage. We mark them with coloured ribbons.

No, you don't have to buy special luggage tag holders. If you follow the instruction on the tags, you can staple the tags to your luggage. Some clear packing tape will make the paper tags stronger.

I have used the plastic holders, the clear packing tape and just stapled the paper tags on. I have never had a issue with them coming off. But just in case, I print several extra tags and stick them inside the suitcase on top of everything. That way if a tag was to come off and they opened the suitcase they would find the tag inside.

Edited by back-at-it
grammer

Our travel agent gives us the plastic holders when she sends our documents.

As for not using luggage tags because you are too cheap, then how do you put your name and address on each bag? I sure hope you do because if there is a problem it might make it easier to get them back to you. Airlines require it. It is also a good idea to put your name and address (business card) inside your luggage in case the luggage tags come off.

You really should rethink your plan of not putting a luggage tag with your name and address on the bag. And, a second copy inside.

Our last trip we checked two bags. After changing planes in Alanta Ga, one bag came home with us and the other ended up in an airline wharehouse on the East coast. It took two more days for the airlines to fly it out to the West coast and deliver it to us. With out name tags we would not have gotten it back.

Bob