Onboard Trivia

Artemis908

Can anyone share their experiences with the Trivia games? Seems like there is a couple games a day on our next cruise. We've never been and I wondering what everyone's experiences are. Like how you play, what's involved, if they keep score, etc.

Varies by cruise. Usually at least one general trivia per day. Music trivia is most often in the evening, but not always. They keep score and the winnders get small trinkets, like key rings, highlighters, pens, luggage tags, etc.

Some cruises, especially longer cruises will have progressive trivia, where the same team will play many times during the cruise and points are cumulative.

That is our favorite on board activity. On our last cruise we won:

zipper pulls

pens

bandanas

North Star Bag in a Bag

metal water bottle

Anthem of the Seas backpack

Wow, you must have won the progressive!

Forming a team is great fun, and you meet the most interesting people. My husband doesn't like trivia, so I really need teammates. We always trade answer papers with another team, so it is good to have at least one person with legible handwriting.

Varies by cruise. Usually at least one general trivia per day. Music trivia is most often in the evening, but not always. They keep score and the winnders get small trinkets, like key rings, highlighters, pens, luggage tags, etc.

Some cruises, especially longer cruises will have progressive trivia, where the same team will play many times during the cruise and points are cumulative.

Seems like more progressive trivia even on 7 day cruise which I do not like.

It's pretty informal; people just grab a cocktail table; teams of a handful of people, pick a wacky name, everyone gets a good laugh at the butchering of questions by the activities staff (lost in translation sort of stuff), usually someone argues the the answer book is WRONG, some weirdos save their answer sheets from every cruise (I have seen this a few times). 15 to 20 questions. You switch papers, grade them, bingo bongo bango, there you go. Prizes are usually worth what you paid to play. If it's music trivia "Titanic" is good enough to get you at least 1 out of 20 right. <insert corny joke here by cruise staff>. It's fun.

When the Revolution comes, if it can be fueled by Royal Caribbean trivia prize water wallets, highlighters, and key chains I will be in good stead.

It's pretty informal; people just grab a cocktail table; teams of a handful of people, pick a wacky name, everyone gets a good laugh at the butchering of questions by the activities staff (lost in translation sort of stuff), usually someone argues the the answer book is WRONG, some weirdos save their answer sheets from every cruise (I have seen this a few times). 15 to 20 questions. You switch papers, grade them, bingo bongo bango, there you go. Prizes are usually worth what you paid to play. If it's music trivia "Titanic" is good enough to get you at least 1 out of 20 right. <insert corny joke here by cruise staff>. It's fun.

When the Revolution comes, if it can be fueled by Royal Caribbean trivia prize water wallets, highlighters, and key chains I will be in good stead.

Don't forget the arguments on the answers. ;)

Is there a fee to play?

I love trivia! When I travel with my mom, we're the type that try to get to every game if we don't have other plans. It's a great way to kill 20 minutes. I have never won but I always come close *sigh*

I like when you see the same people playing at every game and you get to form little friendships and rivalries.

Only negative experience I've had is at one game where there was a tie between two teams, and the host made up a little lightning round, and one man got very loud and angry about having to compete for the final prize. The other team even forfeited but he still wouldn't let up yelling and carrying on. Some people take key chains a little too seriously....

I

Only negative experience I've had is at one game where there was a tie between two teams, and the host made up a little lightning round, and one man got very loud and angry about having to compete for the final prize. The other team even forfeited but he still wouldn't let up yelling and carrying on. Some people take key chains a little too seriously....

My negative is being at trivia with people on back to back cruises who know all the answers but still play. It was great to see one being humbled by the cruise staff person who remembered them from the previous week.

My negative is being at trivia with people on back to back cruises who know all the answers but still play. It was great to see one being humbled by the cruise staff person who remembered them from the previous week.

Please, you don't need to be B2B to learn the answers. The logo game has never changed. Anyone who gets Castle Dental has played before. Being B2B and not getting to play pool riddles is how I secured my one invite to the Captain's Table. :D

Is there a fee to play?

No fee at all! The prizes are worth the cost! :D

They will have general trivia, TV and movie, decades, etc. It's fun for 30-45 minutes. Sometimes they have sessions just before dinner at the Schooner Bar, good place to grab a drink and have a go at it.

No fee at all! The prizes are worth the cost! :D

They will have general trivia, TV and movie, decades, etc. It's fun for 30-45 minutes. Sometimes they have sessions just before dinner at the Schooner Bar, good place to grab a drink and have a go at it.

Good reason to get out of lounge and use your vouchers. Win for everyone

Edited by John&LaLa