Midnight buffet ?

jerryb48

Last time I cruised on RCCL they still had the grand midnight buffet. The one with the ice carvings and the RCCL ship made with butter. They had one which wasn't fancy up near pool one night. I haven't seen any one talking about them. Just wondering, do they still have any?

Edited by jerryb48
spelling mistakes

Yeah, the mid-night buffet was a photo-op...few actually partook! Total waste of time and food! A few years ago, instead of a buffet, they would have servers in the public areas with late-night munchies....sometimes savory, sometimes, sweet....it was a nice touch for those who wanted a little "something" around 11:30pm.

Last one I was was 2007.

Glad someone remembers a year. Bob, do you know when Sovereign left the fleet? I recall that particular midnight buffet because our MDR waiter from almost 5 years before was doing set-up for it and called to us by name. Still have no idea how or why he remembered us.

Glad someone remembers a year. Bob, do you know when Sovereign left the fleet? I recall that particular midnight buffet because our MDR waiter from almost 5 years before was doing set-up for it and called to us by name. Still have no idea how or why he remembered us.

I believe Sovereign left the fleet around Oct 2008.

Sovereign's last revenue cruise for Royal was on 10/31/08.

I've never seen a midnight buffet since we started cruising in 2012. It doesn't sound like something we would enjoy anyway.

They make almost no sense to me other than to gawk at some food/ice carvings and such. To me, the sandwiches, pizza, panini's and cookies that are offered every night are perfect for us. ...but that's just us. :)

Dan

Sorry...but I miss those midnight buffets...however...just wish there was an area of the WJ open very late at night that served some breakfast items...I've suggested this often.;)

I agree with you. A couple of years ago, I spent a little too long in the Diamond lounge enjoying the drinks and the company. By the time I managed to get to WJ (one or two detours en route), it was closed.

There are snacks on the promenade but it was disappointing. Much better if WJ had some evening snacks. I have been on P&O Ventura and they have a nice range of savoury evening snacks.

BTW I saw long lines for the Pizza and snack venues on the promenade so clearly there is a demand. Plus the pizza guy was rushed off his feet trying to serve everyone.

Yes I could order room service. There were alternatives on board but still I felt that I missed out. Personally I believe WJ closes too early.

As for midnight buffet, fond memories from my youth. Not sure at my age it is something I would enjoy. It is for the younger crowd who stay up that late.