Private Tours in Florence and Naples

harfield

Hi everyone. We have booked the Royal Princess 6th May 2017 Med cruise for 21 days.

We have cruised many times including the Med but want to do private tours instead of the ships tours.

Does anyone have any experience with tours from Florence that includes San Gimignano Pisa.

Also from Naples we want to do a tour of the Almafi Coast.

Thanks

I agree, getting on your Roll call, and reading on the Italy board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

would be very helpful. On the Italy board you will see MANY threads on the topic, including the huge thread, with thousands of positive comments, on the wonderful Rome in Limo, which operates in both ports.

I can highly recommend Rome In Limo. I personally booked them for three different tours for ourselves and others on our roll call and they were amazing. They went above and beyond. If you check the Ports of Call boards for Italy, you will see that they have thousands of great reviews. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

I agree about RIL for Naples.

We have done all day private car tours of Amalfi/Sorrento/Ravello/Positano. :)

Thanks for all the info and was great.

Colo Cruiser, who did you use as the Amalfi/Sorrento/Ravello/Positano is definitely one that we want to do.

Thanks for all the info and was great.

Colo Cruiser, who did you use as the Amalfi/Sorrento/Ravello/Positano is definitely one that we want to do.

Rome in Limo.

We did the Regal and Amalfi/Sorrento/Ravello/Positano in Sept, 2014.

In Oct/Nov 2015 we did Amalfi/Sorrento/Positano on the Island.

Here is my photo/review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2284022

Thanks and have now looked at the Italy Ports Of Call and got a lot of info from them. Unfortunately there is only 4 of us at this stage so it makes it more expensive to do tours. I have put Roll Call for our cruise ( 6th May 2017 Royal Princess 21 Med Cruise) but for some reason only one other couple has registered. Which seems strange.

Thanks and have now looked at the Italy Ports Of Call and got a lot of info from them. Unfortunately there is only 4 of us at this stage so it makes it more expensive to do tours. I have put Roll Call for our cruise ( 6th May 2017 Royal Princess 21 Med Cruise) but for some reason only one other couple has registered. Which seems strange.

Your cruise is over a year away. Many Roll Calls aren't active this far in advance.

We used Rome In Limo for all 3 ports on our 2011 Grand Med cruise and were very satisfied.

As far as your roll call goes it is not surprising that you have no activity. I started our roll call in June 2010 and we did not get much activity until the Nov 2010.

Have you looked at the RIL website? You can join others on tours. ;)

http://www.romeinlimo.com

Thanks for all the suggestions and have now done some research on those suggestions.

As far as the Roll Call, we have always been on roll calls up too 18 mths in advance and was very active with a lot of communication with others but not this one for some reason.

Noticed that most of the suggestions are for Rome, so you probably have that covered. For our private excursion in Florence we used Joe Banana Limos (joebananalimos dot com) and had a GREAT time, probably one of the most fun excursions we have had.

We were picked up from the dock at 8 AM and the driver had a sign with our name on it. From there we headed to Pisa to see the sights for about an hour. We had the option to climb the tower while there. If you're interested, you will need to purchase tickets for this separately for 18 Euro per person. Giovanni our driver said to book the 9:30 AM entrance. The link to the ticket site is: (www dot opapisa dot it) and you can pay via credit card. From Pisa we stopped in Greve in Chianti, a little Tuscan town to sightsee for a little while before heading to Fattoria Montecchio for the vineyard and olive oil tour, tastings and lunch. There was a 25 Euro per person charge for this part of the tour (the tastings and lunch) that we had to pay when we got there. If interested, you can buy wines and olive oils and they will ship them home to you so you don't have to worry about getting them back on the ship and planes. We then stopped and visited San Gimignano for some more sightseeing before heading back to the ship.

As some have suggested we were able to connect with others on our roll call and share the trip/costs. The van comfortable seated the 10 of us that decided to go. All in all it was a wonderful tour through some lovely villages and countryside.

We did a Med cruise last September and used Italytours.eu for excursions in both Naples and Livorno. They use small 12 passanger busses for their tours and we had a great time. In Naples we did a Pompeii and Amalfi Coast tour. In fact, the day before our tour there was a fire along the coast and Princess cancelled all their tours to the Amalfi coast but our tour was able to go. In Livorno we did Pisa and Florence. They picked us up just after the ship docked and went to Pisa first. There was hardly anyone there when we arrived. By the time we were leaving the ship tours were just arriving. Dealt with Oscar, he was very helpful.

RIL covers many cities. ;)

So does JBL (Amalfi, Florence, Naples, Positano, Rome, Sorrento). No one had made a direct response to a tour in the Florence area so I gave my personal experience using JBL. So, why did you feel the need to champion for RIL again?:confused:

So does JBL (Amalfi, Florence, Naples, Positano, Rome, Sorrento). No one had made a direct response to a tour in the Florence area so I gave my personal experience using JBL. So, why did you feel the need to champion for RIL again?:confused:

Don't be confused......

Because your post made it sound like they only worked within rome.

Don't take it personally, just a suggestion.

No championing anyone or anything.