Princess to Welcome Sled Dog Puppies on its Alaska Cruises, Debut New Activities

LauraS

Hi All

Not so sure about this one, chance to talk and meet expects on all things Alaska

good, but having puppies for petting in the atrium, most working sledge dogs,

look nothing like the pet sledge dog like my own, and would be better out side

in real conditions.

Any thoughts folks

yours Shogun

Hi All

Not so sure about this one, chance to talk and meet expects on all things Alaska

good, but having puppies for petting in the atrium, most working sledge dogs,

look nothing like the pet sledge dog like my own, and would be better out side

in real conditions.

Any thoughts folks

yours Shogun

I'm happy to pet a puppy anywhere. :) We did the sled dog tour in Juneau one year, and part of the deal was petting puppies. The dogs were all sorts, no particular breed, and we were told they choose them for their sled-pulling abilities and not their breed. We had to pay big bucks to go to the "real conditions" to see this, and I don't see why doing it for free on the ship is a problem. I assume the dogs go home eventually?

Edited by shredie

OMG' date=' so adorable![/quote']

My House Cleaner has a Husky girl puppy called Indi, and with my delighted agreement, I received a visit 3 nights back. Indi is gorgeous-brown and white; eagerly sniffing all the new smells; and accepted the chance to sniff the back of my hand under her owner's careful supervision. I will get more news of her on Tuesday, and might be lucky enough to get another visit some time.

Her owner told me I'd done everything right on meeting a strange dog, she knew I was wildly excited at the chance to meet Indi, but I was quiet, careful to move slowly, and kept looking at her to check I was doing the right actions, so a future visit is possible if I don't mind visitors? Not these gorgeous girls, Indi's even nicer in the flesh than on a small camera screen! I told her, it was the very 1st time I'd ever seen a live Husky, I'd only seen pictures of them previously, and she was better than I'd ever imagined!

She's just had "her operation" so I think she's about 6 months old. Curious at all the new sights and smells, but very obedient to her owner, and came to me willingly to smell my hand before accepting a careful pat.

Puppies!!!!! (My husband thinks I am going to embarrass him by yelling that out in my loud baby sing-song voice when/if I see them onboard. Hahahaha!)

I hope they come onboard for our sailing!

I imagine that these puppies, like many other things, come onboard at port. And, there is probably no shortage of puppies, so they can be rotated out.

Many doggies like to go, and do, and interact with people.

I'll bet the puppies love it.