Crown and Anchor status from children

Hi.

Am a bit confused about this. Our son who will be 21 in August is cruising with us in October. He last cruised with us when he was 16 and we have since turned diamond (this was before his 18th birthday). He was platinum when he stopped crushing. My question is has he also become diamond now although he didn't cruise with us.

Sorry, bit confusing. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Oh, I misread your message. Yes, if you turned Diamond before he turned 18, he should still be Diamond. My younger son is in the same situation and I've been assured by Crown & Anchor that he's Diamond now.

18 is the magic age when children get unlinked from their parents. Whatever status they inherited at the moment they turn 18, they keep until they earn their own higher status.

Edited by Daghis

If you turned Diamond PRIOR to his 18th birthday, then he will have Diamond status, BUT once he turned 18, he cannot progress to the next level until HIS cruise points reach the required number.

So, he will need to earn more points to get to D+, but he should be Diamond now.

You can call C&A and they can check for you.

ETA: I made sure we had a cruise just before my older son's 18th birthday this month, so that he'd make Diamond in his own right. He now has over 80 points on his own and is rightfully Diamond. I have more, but now that he's reached 18, he'll have to earn D+ on his own.

Edited by njmomof2

Oh fab. Thank you! So although he didn't cruise with us when we turned Diamond he will be Diamond when he next cruises as it was before he was 18. He'll be pleased. 3 beers loaded onto his sea pass then!! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji481]xx

Oops. I should have read more carefully.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Merion_Mom

I was under the assumption that the child had to take at least one cruise with the parents at their current status in order to inherit that status.

If the child last cruised at age 16 with you and you were Emerald but you made Diamond when the child was 17 and the child never cruised again until he was over 18 then I thought that the child would still be Emerald.

I was under the assumption that the child had to take at least one cruise with the parents at their current status in order to inherit that status.

If the child last cruised at age 16 with you and you were Emerald but you made Diamond when the child was 17 and the child never cruised again until he was over 18 then I thought that the child would still be Emerald.

I asked about this on my last cruise. I was told that as long as my son sailed on RCL at least once before his 18th bday that he would get to keep our status.

• 4 weeks later...

Strange: we just turned diamond. Our daughter cruised with us on our very first cruise in 2012 (she was 14) and then twice inbetween (last Oct Splendour and Enchantment just now in Feb, when we were Platinum & Emerald). Her 19th b-day will be next week.

Yesterday I received a message congratulating me on turning Diamond (points gained Navigator Feb 2106 where she was not onboard) so I went and checked everybody's status online. And guess what, she has also been granted Diamond status! Good for her, but I now wonder why...

Children are the same status as their parents until they are 18. So if you are Diamond, then they are also Diamond. However at 18 they are unlinked and earn their own points. So they can be Diamond with 50 points.....but if they wish to progress to D+ they are starting from 50.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Strange: we just turned diamond. Our daughter cruised with us on our very first cruise in 2012 (she was 14) and then twice inbetween (last Oct Splendour and Enchantment just now in Feb, when we were Platinum & Emerald). Her 19th b-day will be next week.

Yesterday I received a message congratulating me on turning Diamond (points gained Navigator Feb 2106 where she was not onboard) so I went and checked everybody's status online. And guess what, she has also been granted Diamond status! Good for her, but I now wonder why...

Sometimes Royal forgets to unlink the children when they turn 18, They may or may not catch the error.

This may be a silly question.... How do we check our children's CA status? This is their first time traveling with us since we achieved D status, and I want to see if they are Diamond too.

This may be a silly question.... How do we check our children's CA status? This is their first time traveling with us since we achieved D status, and I want to see if they are Diamond too.

If they are travelling with you it will say it on their room card. It says Diamond Plus on our son's and we are onboard now.

I'm not sure if this policy has changed, but it used to be that children could not have their own "My Cruises" account, so you could not check on the website. I seem to recall someone posting that the policy had changed.

I would try to create a My Cruises account on the website for your children. If this works, then you should be able to see their C&A level.

If it does not work, then call C&A to get their level: 800-526-9723.

I'm not sure if this policy has changed, but it used to be that children could not have their own "My Cruises" account, so you could not check on the website. I seem to recall someone posting that the policy had changed.

I would try to create a My Cruises account on the website for your children. If this works, then you should be able to see their C&A level.

If it does not work, then call C&A to get their level: 800-526-9723.

We have a little spread sheet at home marking how many sailings he actually has done. I don't leave much faith to RC IT.

This is exactly what happened to us. Our youngest son, who will be 19 in May, is now Diamond even though we did not turn Diamond until our cruise (without him) also on the Navigator in February. Of course, we are all pleased and hope that they do not notice the error.

We have a little spread sheet at home marking how many sailings he actually has done. I don't leave much faith to RC IT.

I agree with you. After every cruise, we take a screen shot of our cruise history on Royal's website.

This is exactly what happened to us. Our youngest son, who will be 19 in May, is now Diamond even though we did not turn Diamond until our cruise (without him) also on the Navigator in February. Of course, we are all pleased and hope that they do not notice the error.

Just be aware that RC may catch up with this. When we turned D+ our sons - who were 19 and 20 at the time - were also given D+ status. However, the next time they sailed with us their status was readjusted to what they should have been at their respective 18th birthdays i.e. Diamond.

We are all cruising in July so we will see what happens. We weren't expecting his jump to Diamond, so if they readjust him back to Emerald it will be fine. I am sure he will be flaunting his current, even if only temporary, Diamond status to his older brothers who are only Platinum.

Hi.

Am a bit confused about this. Our son who will be 21 in August is cruising with us in October. He last cruised with us when he was 16 and we have since turned diamond (this was before his 18th birthday). He was platinum when he stopped crushing. My question is has he also become diamond now although he didn't cruise with us.

Sorry, bit confusing. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Your lucky.....

Our DD who turned 21 in December has cruised herself all the way to Diamond status by sailing with us and will be a newly diamond on our upcoming August sailing.

Yea, she got the three beers on her sea pass, but she also bought the drink package........................

She says to try new things..................

Cannot complain when one is helping us work her way thru college and an honors student.

Safe travels.