hand sanitizers (ie:wipes)

bfamily4

boarding the getaway tomorrow. do they give out hand wipes at the entrance of the buffet and mdr? i just realized i didn't pack enough wipes to last for a week. due to a skin condition my dd can't use gel sanitizers. should we make a stop at the cvs? tia!

No, they squirt stuff right in your hands. There are also sinks for hand washing at the entrance to the Getaway Buffett. Much cleaner than the DCL method.

I loved the sinks at the buffet entrance on Breakaway! I know hand sanitizer is better than nothing, but there's nothing better than a proper hand-washing before you go to eat. I just wish we had seen more people using the sinks [emoji15].

I loved the sinks at the buffet entrance on Breakaway! I know hand sanitizer is better than nothing, but there's nothing better than a proper hand-washing before you go to eat. I just wish we had seen more people using the sinks [emoji15].

Yes, the USA now requires sinks on all the cruise ships at the buffets.

Keith

I just want to say thanks to the OP for asking this question, and even bigger thanks to those who mentioned the hand washing stations at the entrance to the buffet's on the Breakaway!

Like the OP's daughter, both my DS and I can not use hand sanitizer, even the less harsh wipe kind. I can't even keep things like Clorox/Lysol wipes in the house to use it causes our skin to immediately turn red and with in hours start to peel. Talk about fun on your first cruise after all this became main stream, and having myself and my DS who was 3 at the time dealing with red painful hands for 2 days cause we didn't know!

On Carnival we were on an older ship that only had one sink, kinda hidden back at the pool entrance to the buffet. So glad to know this little fact! It's the small things that make your day! So thanks again! :D

Yes, the USA now requires sinks on all the cruise ships at the buffets.

Keith

When did this happen and are they required to retrofit older ships? The only sinks I saw near the buffet on the Breeze last year were at the serving stations and intended for the crew.

I think this is a great change, I hate hand sanitizer and prefer to wash my hands before a meal. I really didn't care for the idea of someone spraying me with hand sanitizer before each meal.

boarding the getaway tomorrow. do they give out hand wipes at the entrance of the buffet and mdr? i just realized i didn't pack enough wipes to last for a week. due to a skin condition my dd can't use gel sanitizers. should we make a stop at the cvs? tia!

No wipes but they do have the washy washy staff with spray. Having said that, you should know that the wash as well as the wipes do NOT kill most of the crap you should be worried about. Is it better than doing nothing, yes it ism, but washing your hands well with soap and hot water does a superior job. The sanitizers do just that, they CLEAN you hands. They do not disinfect them at all. They also leave your hands all slimy and naasty feeling unlike a good washing with soap and water! :)

If people were really concerned about getting sick from others, they'd wash their hands AFTER serving themselves from the community spoons, and they'd wash their hands AFTER touching the salt shakers. Washing your hands before you come in protects others, and everyone should do it. It doesn't protect you the slightest bit from those who might not have washed.

If people were really concerned about getting sick from others, they'd wash their hands AFTER serving themselves from the community spoons, and they'd wash their hands AFTER touching the salt shakers. Washing your hands before you come in protects others, and everyone should do it. It doesn't protect you the slightest bit from those who might not have washed.

Wash or sanitize on entry. Get your food, find a seat, use salt and pepper shakers, unroll your flatware (just unroll-do not touch) adjust your seat (chairs are probably one of the most touched and under-sanitized areas in the dining room or buffet). enjoy your meal.

Simple and easy.

bosco