Closing terminal to enforce delayed check in

JudithLynne

Hi Everyone.....chatted with Princess and it appears that the $31 is for a port tax credit and has nothing to do with the fact the we are boarding late. And yes, she encouraged that we be on board at 3pm due to the contracted workers leaving (porters and security).

If it was port tax credit it would go back to your charge card not onboard credit.

We'll be on the Ruby tomorrow and we haven't received any emails or calls from Princess or our travel agent about the delayed embarkation. We probably won't get to the port until around 12:00 noon. Our first port is San Diego (which is just down the cost 30+ miles), so it doesn't matter that we are leaving late.

If it was port tax credit it would go back to your charge card not onboard credit.

I agree with you. Why would they give us a port credit anyway , if it is a port credit then they should give us more SBC credit for the inconvenience . ........

I have read through this post with interest and I am curious to read how things actually go on Monday.

ARNOLD

If it is The Apprentice, I have been a regular viewer of that show and anyone who is familiar with it knows that teams of semi-famous to famous people are grouped into teams and tasked with projects in order to try and win money for a favorite charity. These projects usually take quite a bit of time to prepare, setup and execute. I am surprised if they could do the execution phase on board the ship in a short period of a few hours.

Could it be a promotional commercial?

Anyway, I am sure we'll hear in good time from folks on this voyage what the real deal is/was.

"GOOD" TA's

I'm with Caribill who put the term in quotes. I'm being picky, but to call an agent "good" just because they offer a discount below Princess' pricing, is simply misapplying the word when what is actually "good" is the discount. IMO, a "good" or "great" agent has everything to do with how they do their job. If I was using a TA, I'd rather pay full price for expert work than get a discount from an order taker who knows less about cruising and Princess than I do and who might not keep me informed, etc.

No doubt, posters like Keith have both a great performer and one who offers discounts, but I;m just sayin' I would not call an agent "good" solely on the basis that they offer me a discounted cruise fare.

We are aboard the Ruby Princess and it was very easy to park and to get on the ship. We saw a few of the celebrity Apprentice's. The film crew are everywhere and all are very nice. So far it's been great and fun watching the filming. They are staying overnight and leaving tomorrow in San Diego.

We are aboard the Ruby Princess and it was very easy to park and to get on the ship. We saw a few of the celebrity Apprentice's. The film crew are everywhere and all are very nice. So far it's been great and fun watching the filming. They are staying overnight and leaving tomorrow in San Diego.
Thanks for that update. Do you know what time they opened the terminal and began boarding? Have a great cruise. It's probably going to be an interesting evening onboard tonight, with all the Apprentice people there. I wonder if they might put on a special show for the passengers.

Depends on how close to sailing the change happens. After a certain point they won't refund but will add it as OBC, I had something like $13 for this on my last cruise.

We have missed ports on a cruise and received a statement credit and other times/cruises we have received a refund check sent to our home.

That makes much more sense. As I posted yesterday, I didn't see how there would be enough filming time.

I guess this means quite a few empty cabins when they all jump ship in San Diego. I will want to see the new series when it airs - or at least this episode for sure.

That makes much more sense. As I posted yesterday, I didn't see how there would be enough filming time.

I guess this means quite a few empty cabins when they all jump ship in San Diego. I will want to see the new series when it airs - or at least this episode for sure.

Having worked on film crews you can bet they don't have cabins and are filming all night long. The celebrities probably have cabins, but not the film crew.

• 2 weeks later...