Closing terminal to enforce delayed check in

JudithLynne

As of today, our personalizer does not show this obc.

I didn't find it in the personalizer but in the cruise summary that you download. That was the only place I saw it.

I agree that the terminal closure will probably be due to filming. I think we'll just stay in our hotel until we have to check out, have lunch and then head over.

Just read an interesting post from CC member TRSuzie, who is currently on the Ruby. Posting on the Feb. 29 Roll Call, he/she said: "We have also heard there will be corporate officers boarding the 29th together with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Apparently, they will be doing a little filming. As I hear more, I will let you know.

This "might" be the reason for the delay in boarding on the 29th.

Hmmm... Arnold is the new host of "The Apprentice."

Just read an interesting post from CC member TRSuzie, who is currently on the Ruby. Posting on the Feb. 29 Roll Call, he/she said: "We have also heard there will be corporate officers boarding the 29th together with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Apparently, they will be doing a little filming. As I hear more, I will let you know.

This "might" be the reason for the delay in boarding on the 29th.

First thing I have heard that makes REAL (reel? ;) ) sense!!!

I did not experience it, but I have read that in Houston, they block

access to the parking lot when they are not able to begin boarding.

Pretty limiting for people driving to the port.

This is when the ship was late in arriving and the parking lot was full with cars owned by the people on the late arriving ship.

Until the ship arrives and passengers drive their cars out of the lot, there is no room for embarking passengers' cars.

This 4 hour delay is going to be very inconvenient for a lot of their customers. Many people have already made arrangements that they cannot change. Hopefully check in will go smoothly. We're planning on going there at 11:30 and see what actually is going on. If they're actually filming at the terminal, the action will hopefully keep me entertained till we board the ship. Looking forward to some rest and relaxation. :)

I wonder if they will be filming in the terminal or just boarding and filming on the ship between guests. And how would that effect any B2B that want to stay onboard?

Will the B2B being getting off the ship for customs? :cool::cool:

If the doors really do not open till 1pm, what a mess with very long lines and heavy congestion. Ugly!!

That is my biggest concern!

I suspect that many do not know of this change of plans and will head to the terminal early. I never did receive a notification, I found out via the roll call.

I have a bad knee and can't stand for long especially on concrete or asphalt.

It also makes me think that our Elite priority boarding will be useless.

I am not looking forward to this day, however, we will be with friends and we are staying in a hotel the night before so at least we are not spending hours at LAX.

Edited by JudithLynne

We did receive a notification yesterday from our TA, however, thanks to all of you at CC, we knew about it earlier. Our reser is not showing any additional OBC for the change!?

We are one of those that booked a very early flight assuming that we could board as we normally do at around 11. We've now decided to rent a car and go to Long Beach or Downtown Disney for lunch. Our check in info states 1-3 but wondering if we can check in at 5 or 6 now??

I wonder if they will be filming in the terminal or just boarding and filming on the ship between guests. And how would that effect any B2B that want to stay onboard?

BTB passengers can't stay onboard in San Pedro. Everyone must get off the ship to zero out the count. Normally, they stay in a special area and are first to reboard.

We did receive a notification yesterday from our TA, however, thanks to all of you at CC, we knew about it earlier. Our reser is not showing any additional OBC for the change!?

We are one of those that booked a very early flight assuming that we could board as we normally do at around 11. We've now decided to rent a car and go to Long Beach or Downtown Disney for lunch. Our check in info states 1-3 but wondering if we can check in at 5 or 6 now??

Boy you are brave if you want to drive to Disneyland. With all the freeway construction going on you might be running into a lot of traffic both ways. Spending some time in Long Beach by the water might be a bit more relaxing. :)

Boy you are brave if you want to drive to Disneyland. With all the freeway construction going on you might be running into a lot of traffic both ways. Spending some time in Long Beach by the water might be a bit more relaxing. :)

I agree. Downtown Disney might be a disappointment anyway. It's not really Disney but just an open air mall with chain stores.

time4sun:

What concerns me about your plans is that you arrive at LAX at 10 AM Monday, a work day, when the freeways will be busy. You need to collect luggage and go to the car rental place. You need to then figure out where you are going and finally return your car rental and get to the port. This sounds like a poor plan to me. I may be misunderstanding but it looks like Princess is sticking with a 1-3 PM boarding. If you are going to go ahead with your plans I would sure check that directly with a call to Princess.

My guess is that if you arrive on time at LAX, collect your luggage, wait for a cab, travel busy week day LA freeways, you will get to the port around 11:30 AM. You would have a 90 minute wait for the terminal to open. There are places around there that you could walk to, luggage permitting, to have coffee, lunch, etc. while you wait.

Just my opinion.

I agree. Downtown Disney might be a disappointment anyway. It's not really Disney but just an open air mall with chain stores.

Yep and by the time you park and make your way to Downtown Disney it will be time to head back. I think I would rather just sit at Ports of Call and have a drink and watch the world go by. Yes Ports of Call is not what it use to be 30 years ago but being by the water and watching the ship traffic is kind of nice especially if the weather is nice.