Guy's Burgers....Can They Be-That Enticing?

MAGNUM PI

On our 7 day cruise on the Valor last year we had at least one every day!

The Valor is being dry docked in April/ May and having a Guy's Burger's Joint and a BlueIguana Cantina installed at that time. Therefore, you did not have a Guy's Burger last year on the Valor. I hope you remember where you were. :D

There was no such venue as Guys the last time I cruised on Carnival so Im actually looking forward to it :) I believe I have my expectations in check though. The one thing I like so far is that the burgers are included. On Royal Caribbean, Johnny Rockets is now 6.95 a person :o and the burgers are just "meh" and the Windjammer "burgers" are just terrible.

I like that Guys is included in the cruise fare and Im happy Magic is getting Guys :)

As far as being overrated and overhyped honestly, the warm chocolate melting cake is by far the most overrated thing about Carnival just IMHO only. I tried it twice in 2008. Not good at all and I seriously questioned all the hype! Its all subjective though and we all have different tastes. :)

Count me in as looking forward to a Guys burger or five!

Edited by ryano

The responses to my thread, so far, have been mixed. As one might expect when evaluating food. Some are ecstatic about Guy's, that they can' t even find words, to describe their euphoria. While others say they are over rated.

I have experienced Five Guys, though. Love their fries; but don't think their burgers are exceptional.

Maybe Guy's appeal, is the toppings? Carmelized onions is hard to beat, IMO.

You will just have to try it yourself to see what you think

As you mentioned food is subjective and some have issues with anything that is really hyped. I personally think 5 guys is overhyped and not a place I would ever go to again.

No food is universally loved on land or sea,so it really just boils down to what each individual thinks about Guy's.

Only one of my 7 Carnival cruises had a guy's burger place. I did enjoy the two that I had that time, and I had the plain one, and put onions and mushrooms on it, plus chipotle sauce, and do admit it was quite good. I liked the fries, but found them a bit on the too salty side.

Last October on the Victory, they still had the standard grill, and I had a burger from there twice, and enjoyed it just as much. So, for me, whether a ship has Guys or not, would not be a factor in my booking a cruise.

This just me though, and I realise we are all different in our food likes. Guy's burgers do seem to have quite the following.

I'm cruising in 54 days and hope Guy's is good. I do not like my burgers well done and ofter fine most places that are not cooked to order are too overcooked for me.

I had Johnny Rockets on Royal Caribbean. I sat up at the counter and watched the cook take cooked patties out of warm water and place them on the grill. I should have walked out but thought I'd give it a try since I already ordered. Gross, will never go there again!

I almost never eat hamburgers at home (maybe once a year). I tried one for embarkation lunch on the Glory a few months ago and wound up having five of them in seven days. I think one of the reasons they are so good are the tiny little buns; barely large enough to keep your fingers off the burger itself and not huge bites of dry bread.

They are one of the best burgers!! 80/20 chuck. Seasoned with paprika and salt.

The SMC (super melty cheese) is a great addition to the burger topped with a slice of American cheese. The secret behind the juicyness is they stream the burgers in chicken broth.

The Donkey sauce is to die for. It's mayo mixed with oven roasted garlic cloves, worcestershire sauce and mustard. It's an amazing addition to a burger as well over the fries.

For MASS PRODUCED burgers. They are a solid 9.5 out of 10!!!

I'm not even much of a fan of red meat...I RARELY eat it at home. But OMG...I finally got a chance to try a Guy's burger on our last cruise....my husband and I were both addicted. It's a good burger, and I love the cheese they use. The bun was also good...as others have said...the "fixins" bar is awesome...really let's you customize.

So funny to see this post today. I was driving home tonight (looooong Atlanta commute) and I have been dieting all year. I cruise in less than 6 weeks, and I literally got to obsessing over a Guy's burger during my drive. It was seriously pitiful. :o

To me it's the bun that really makes the burger at Guy's. They do some kind of garlic butter on it and grill it. Sometimes late in the day they either run out of prepped buns or something and you get a crappy bun - really turns it from something special to just an OK burger. The fries are amazing as well. LOL - my mouth is watering as I type this. Need to book another Guy's ship!