All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

I think I'm going to try the dress with the ties first. The great thing about making the dress is that I can change my mind! LOL. I don't want the fabric to add volume to my frame. I don't want to tie the ties tight, but I do like the thought that they could add a bit of definition to the fullness of the ease in the pattern. We'll see how it all turns out.

One think I was thinking about the dress - particularly the one with the stripes...I think you can really alter the seams to get the fit exactly the way you want.  so you can make it loose and flowing, semi fitted, etc.  I love things like that.  I have purchased dresses where I could adjust the seems to create a semi fitted look and I love to do that.  

While I prefer no ties myself, I think it is all about what you want to do!  And if you don't like the ties, you can always remove them later, so no harm.  I've done that as well, now that I think about it.  I have a dress that I haven't worn yet that has a tie.   You really don't see the tie from the front of the dress at all, but the tie isn't needed so I keep wondering if I want to remove it or not.  I'm going to leave it for now.

That garnet jumpsuit has a tie at the neck that crosses over.  It's short, not like a turtleneck effect or anything.  But I know I won't tie it in a bow, and the tie is really long.  Like the dress, I'm going to leave it and wear it, and I can always shorten the ties if I want.  Right now, they will hang down in the back pretty far, so it does create a bit of a dramatic flair.  At least, I think it does, lol.  

Melody, your trip sounds exciting and fun!  Is Les feeling better?  How about you?

• Like 1

Oh Laurie, he’s adorable, great personality

Les had his surgery yesterday. He’s feeling ok, doc said he could cruise (that made both of us feel better). It was more extensive than we’d thought. The big stone (7cm) was deeply embedded & it took 30 minutes to laser it out & break it up smaller to remove it...doc said it never would’ve passed & no wonder he was in so much pain. The other stones dissolved with the laser. All in all a success. Thanks for inquiring. Melody

• Like 1

I'm not in shopping mode, but some of my fave catalogs came in today.

This Tshirt seems to come in several EARTH friendly colors, but it's so hard to tell on my monitor. The catalog colors look good though:

https://www.garnethill.com/short-sleeve-weekender-tee/554319?listIndex=4&defattrib=Color&defattribvalue=HONY&uniqueId=554319

Burnt henna also looks promising:

https://www.garnethill.com/favorite-maxi-knit-skirt/445761?listIndex=6&defattrib=Color&defattribvalue=HENA&uniqueId=445761

I also really love this jacket, the tailored cut and golden color are great for me. Too bad I already have so many jackets and coats!

https://www.garnethill.com/organic-cotton-cargo-jacket/471702?listIndex=0&uniqueId=471702

Still really like this dress in lagoon, but even on their website it shows differently in different pictures... is it denim or teal blue?

https://www.garnethill.com/everyday-a-line-knit-dress/541977?listIndex=1&uniqueId=541977

Margaret, I love the styling of the tee.  There are some great colors too.  Have you ever order their tshirts before?  I was just wondering about the quality.

I get their catalogs once in a blue moon, but it it looks like I should check them out online.  Ots not often we see good earth colors for seasons other than fall but I am seeing some very nice ones in the links you provided.

On my phone, that dress looked like a warm blue.

JJill seems very FIRE to me this time.

I'm not usually a denim jacket fan, but here is a cute denim coat. In the catalog it's shown without the belt, which I prefer:

https://www.jjill.com/product/long-denim-jacket?color=MSR

This color looks periwinkle in the catalog, but I wonder if it's really lavender?

https://www.jjill.com/product/rayon-button-front-shirt?color=JWX

Don't know about this color because they keep showing it with gray pants:

https://www.jjill.com/product/pure-jill-stretch-cotton-shirttail-tee-125661?color=30T

I wish this came in some EARTH colors:

https://www.jjill.com/product/fit-marled-tunic

Tomorrow is "hip day" for DH, so wish us luck. I've been cleaning and moving furniture around all day, and our little galley kitchen is stuffed to the rafters with food and supplies for the next few weeks. He's scheduled for late morning, so I'll try to pop in later tomorrow with an update.

Time for tea, and then to bed!

I really like the CWC split neck sweater. Would go with everything. I see by the length measurement that it is short enough and I wouldn’t need to shorten it as I have to do with so many things even though I purchase Petites. I  miss CWC stores and being able to order in store without paying for shipping and returning to the store if something didn’t work out.

Sharon 

Melody...good news about Les.

Margaret...more prayers for today. Keep us posted when you can.

I think the one scarf is air...feels very cool...BUT...IRL you never know until you can see it in person. But that kind of gray does tend to have more of a white undertone than an ivory/cream undertone. I like most of what you posted but have come to realize that all those solids aren't quite as flattering on me as something with a print or something to break up the expanse of color...this one was on the same page as the one dress...I like this one:

https://www.garnethill.com/artist-embroidered-gauze-dress/womens-fashion/dresses/554308?isCrossSell=true&strategy=6&gtmPageName=May We Suggest-PDP

Sailing in 11 days! Thinking that I'll end up packing a suitcase for this one...and even giving it to the porters LOL. Thinking DH will wear a suit on formal night...and that will require a real suitcase.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MJC said:

Tomorrow is "hip day" for DH, so wish us luck. I've been cleaning and moving furniture around all day, and our little galley kitchen is stuffed to the rafters with food and supplies for the next few weeks. He's scheduled for late morning, so I'll try to pop in later tomorrow with an update.

Time for tea, and then to bed!

Hope all goes well for your DHs surgery & that he heals well without any complications

16 hours ago, MJC said:

DH is out of recovery and has a room to himself with a nice view of the East River, so all is good with many sighs of relief. Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and good energy. 

Best news!  Quick healing & easy recovery. Margaret, get some rest!  Melody

17 hours ago, MJC said:

DH is out of recovery and has a room to himself with a nice view of the East River, so all is good with many sighs of relief. Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and good energy. 

Good to hear! Hope your DH is soon home with all going well for him and for you too!

Sharon

Popped into Chicos after my dentist appt & they had my favorite Zenergy capris (moisture wicking, stain resistant & zippers) on sale in my size for $11!!!  I sure wish they had more than one pair. They’re great, wash in sink, hang up, dry in 10 minutes without pressing !  Melody

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

Margaret, I'm so happy to hear that your husband is doing well.  I recall he had the other hip replaced about two years ago?  Time flies, so I may be off on that a bit.  He recovered quickly, if I remember right.  I hope he does very well with this one too.  He should be doing great by the time spring gets here!

I enjoyed the links for clothing you  posted, and I want to go back and look again.  I have found that while I have been saying I am doing pretty good with work clothes, there are a few things I have been thinking about.

I have a few items that get a great deal of wear.  Then I have those things I never touch.  I have been making a strong effort to wear those things I am ignoring, only to find out that I do not want to wear them.  At all.  It isn't a lot of things, just a few.  So I have moved on and donated a few things.  For those things that I don't wear but want to, I am analyzing why. 

I see a need to bring some of my outfits together.  I wear a lot of sweater or blazers over tops, but mostly sweaters because blazers don't fit me the best and they don't come in earth colors all the time.  And in all honesty, I don't like them.  And too many of my sweaters are a shade of off white with a shapeless fit.  If Chadwicks has those boyfriend sweaters again, I'm investing in more.  The two I have are getting a major workout!  They have such a nice shape and fit, and they look polished and professional.

This makes me think a bit of what you were saying today, Melody.  When you see something you  know you love and that checks all the boxes, grab it.   Those capris sound like they are just what you love.

• Like 2