Are Drink packages offered at discount on Board?

roxievegas

We are leaving in April on transatlantic. (Silhouette - FLL to Southampton) No perks are offered with pricing. I am planning to purchase one of the drink packages, may go for the standard, no alcohol for $18 per day - coffee and soda. If we want a drink or glass of wine we will purchase as we go. I have not read anywhere that they offer discounts once on board to get you to purchase a drink package. Anyone ??

After watching prices for the last 6 months, I would definitely wait to book a transatlantic until last moment. We original booked our fare in Sept 2015, paid $1,249 pp for concierge cabin and the veranda was going for $1049 for gty. I later got a price drop on our cabin to $1029 pp just looked on celebrity website and the veranda is going for $769 pp with the state discount. I paid $20 pp more to go from concierge to aqua two weeks ago. Right now the aqua would cost $1,349 pp, so we got our cabin at a better price, but would be just as happy in Veranda at $769 pp to save $280 pp.

Once on board I will get internet and drinks, just wanting to know if I can expect any kind of discount. thank you

You can get discounts on specialty restaurants, but not drink packages, those never vary. Only way to decrease price is by going a day or two without before buying, then the number of days times the rate is reduced. Never have seen discount, only standard pricing.

Not to be rude, but have any of the responders to the OP even been on a TA? I haven't, but it is my understanding that they do not even offer a drink pkg on TA's. With so many sea days, they would loose money.

So if anyone has actually been on a celebrity TA recently and purchased a drink pkg, please reply.

I was considering a TA, because of the low prices, but when I heard that there was not a drink pkg offered and you could not get one as a perk, it lost its appeal

Edited by masspector

Not to be rude, but have any of the responders to the OP even been on a TA? I haven't, but it is my understanding that they do not even offer a drink pkg on TA's. With so many sea days, they would loose money.

So if anyone has actually been on a celebrity TA recently and purchased a drink pkg, please reply.

I was considering a TA, because of the low prices, but when I heard that there was not a drink pkg offered and you could not get one as a perk, it lost its appeal

They don't offer it as a "free" package upon cruise purchase (like 123 or good/better/best), but I thought they offered it for a "pay at full price" package?

We have done six transatlantics with our seventh one being on the Reflection in April. Our last one was on the Silhouette this past fall. You don't have to buy the drink package for the whole cruise, but once you start it you can't drop it before the end of the cruise. For example you can't take it for the first eight days (sea days) then stop. I also think you have to have it for it minimum of four days.

I have never seen or heard of any discounts being offered on any of Celebrity's drink packages.

Since everyone agrees no discount for buying a package on board, I am going to try and get by with out a package for me. If my husband can't make it, then we will get one for him (he loves his coffee and likes to drink diet soda) - I think he can get the non alcohol package and then get a glass of wine with dinner. I love my morning coffee, but I find the coffee in the MDR and buffet good. We will be in aqua - so depending on how late we sleep in, that will determine where we get our morning coffee. Thanks for the info

We used to buy the drink package. When prices went up, we opted to cruise without a package. We still bought what we wanted to drink. On a port intensive cruise, we saved money. We ate breakfast and then left the ship. On sea days, we drank more. For us a package was not a good deal. We use our OBC for drinks. We seldom use it all up. There are people who choose the beverage pkg as a perk. Many of them drink like crazy. On my recent cruise, there were lots of very drunk people. Perhaps, there should be a daily limit. On upscale cruise lines which include liquor, I have never seen anyone drunk.

When we were on the Eclipse (Nov/Dec) our Elite coupon books (in our cabin) offered a discount that we were able to use when upgrading from Classic to Premium drink packages. I do not recall if this same discount coupon was valid if one simply purchased the Classic Drink Package onboard.

Hank

Curious, do they prorate drink packages?

For example, if your on a 14 day cruise and you decide on day 7 you want a drink package on-board the remaining 7 days, can you do that?

Thanks,

Banjo

Yes you can -- you have to buy it for all the remaining days. I think there is a cut off somewhere around 3 days left on your cruise.

Yes you can -- you have to buy it for all the remaining days. I think there is a cut off somewhere around 3 days left on your cruise.

Thanks Wine-O. I am booked for 13 day TA next Fall and because its a TA, no Celebrity 'Go Better' perks. Since 1st 6 days are port intensive and I will have wine I brought on board, I could skip the drink package. Then for the last 7 days purchase a drink package. :)