Looks Like they are still trying to fool us

SeaGoingDAD

I hope they have the new forms with BOTH when I sail Splendor in October. I don't want to have any push-back from the steward right from the start! We want both and are willing to tip extra cash for that to happen with no issues.

Your tips ALREADY cover for both.

Huh, I must have missed that in the Carnival website, here is what I have found.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1123

Maybe you can enlighten us with where you found out your facts.

Your kidding right? Their latest verbiage is why people don't realize there are three sit down service meals available included in the fare. Until they decided to close it at certain meals and days.

Their last truthful listing was back when they had the WHATS INCLUDED.

In fact I'm looking right at it.

"When you return to your comfortable stateroom we have a surprise for you....enough room to stretch out and unwind. Your bed has already been turned down for you by your room steward...........It will be the perfect end to the perfect day."

Your kidding right? Their latest verbiage is why people don't realize there are three sit down service meals available included in the fare. Until they decided to close it at certain meals and days.

Their last truthful listing was back when they had the WHATS INCLUDED.

In fact I'm looking right at it.

"When you return to your comfortable stateroom we have a surprise for you....enough room to stretch out and unwind. Your bed has already been turned down for you by your room steward...........It will be the perfect end to the perfect day."

I have no idea what you just said. Which meals are not included on which days??? :confused: Are we talking about turn down service or tipping or eating?? What does your quote have to do with tipping? It mentions turn down service, not tipping and not morning service or choosing one or the other (or both). So....all listing are lying except which ones?

When Carnival launched the comfort matters form, it appeared they were going to once a day room service.

And we were told no, you could order both if you like, but passengers were still coming back saying the stewards were telling them one or the other. This still is being reported. Other are claiming there's no form, or no change to service.

So we were told they would revise the form to include the verbiage BOTH to clear up the confusion. But we were told it would be a while because SO many forms were printed up.

So now the new form appears to have been printed. The word BOTH is missing, and it still says to choose the best time, and not TIMES. Again, the verbiage "select all that apply" is extremely vague.

So I believe "we" are still being steered toward once a day service.

Everything you say is correct, but I am planning on checking both when I cruise and tipping accordingly based on service. Before people start slamming me for threatening tips. This is what tips are meant for. If I do not receive the level of service I expect and request, tips are reduced.

Everything you say is correct, but I am planning on checking both when I cruise and tipping accordingly based on service. Before people start slamming me for threatening tips. This is what tips are meant for. If I do not receive the level of service I expect and request, tips are reduced.

That says it all. Nothing confusing about that, except to those that attempt to intentionally cloud the issue.

I would be fine with once but am traveling with daughter's family. The thought of putting up with kids beds out & messy all day is not a nice vacation...we are next door so thinking a little cash first day will help them keep their room neat?

I would be fine with once but am traveling with daughter's family. The thought of putting up with kids beds out & messy all day is not a nice vacation...we are next door so thinking a little cash first day will help them keep their room neat?

No cash needed. Your tips already cover twice a day service.

Did you reduce tips for this crappy service so that they get their act together by the time we sail.

you must have forgotten to read the last line that said the room was clean and the steward was friendly. or you just don't care about the facts......one of the two. :rolleyes:

i suspect, based on your postings, that you will remove your tips no matter what service you get.

Edited by Computer Nerd

It is, and I expect it to continue. My point is that it is not guaranteed or tied to one event or change. The cruise line sets the boundaries of expectations not the cruisers. The poster I was replying to always looks at ways of taking tips away.

Edited by jimbo5544

you must have forgotten to read the last line that said the room was clean and the steward was friendly. or you just don't care about the facts......one of the two. :rolleyes:

Nope. total package. The guy did not do his job.

Kinda like saying I was full at the end of the meal, but the server got my order wrong.

It is, and I expect it to continue. My point is that it is not guaranteed or tied to one event or change. The cruise line sets the boundaries of expectations not the cruisers.

Then the cruiseline should start tipping its employees.

If something occurs 100% of the time in your experience, is it not safe to anticipate it would continue to occur as long as pricing remains consistent?

not if there is a policy change. everything changes over time. as they say in the stock market, past history performance is not indicative of future performance.

It is, and I expect it to continue. My point is that it is not guaranteed or tied to one event or change. The cruise line sets the boundaries of expectations not the cruisers.

And the cruise line has set the expectation of twice a day service for XYZ cost. If they want to charge XYZ cost, I will expect twice a day service.

It seems like the test program is fading away. Therefore Carnivals expectation of XYZ payment from me is reconciled by my expectation of twice a day service being met. Very simple.

Carnival sets the expectation of many different amenities and services even without them explicitly stated on their website. They do this by providing the amenity or service over time. It would be impractical, nearly impossible, to list every single thing that is done or available on a ship. I think guests have a reasonable expectation that there will be warm chocolate melting cake offered, for example, even though there is not a webpage on Carnivals website dedicated to it.

Nope. total package. The guy did not do his job.

Kinda like saying I was full at the end of the meal, but the server got my order wrong.

sorry but you have that incorrect. if the policy for the job.....which is decided by carnival, not you or any other customer.......is to service a cabin once a day and the steward does that, then he did his job. if the policy for the job is to service a cabin twice a day and the steward doesn't, then the steward didn't do his job and you go to gs on day two and ask why the steward didn't do their job. if, big if, the steward still doesn't service the cabin twice a day, then you 'contemplate' lowering the tips. but as i stated before, carnival determines which policy is in effect, not you and not i.

Sorry, but only a fool would have service cut and follow the recommendations.

But like they say. A fool and his money......

and yet based on a previous post of yours, you continue to sail carnival even though you don't like their policies. who's the fool now :p

sorry but you have that incorrect. if the policy for the job.....which is decided by carnival, not you or any other customer.......is to service a cabin once a day and the steward does that, then he did his job. if the policy for the job is to service a cabin twice a day and the steward doesn't, then the steward didn't do his job and you go to gs on day two and ask why the steward didn't do their job. if, big if, the steward still doesn't service the cabin twice a day, then you 'contemplate' lowering the tips. but as i stated before, carnival determines which policy is in effect, not you and not i.

Carnivals policy on tips is that they are at the guests discretion. Nothing more or less really. If a guest is not satisfied with their service they should always speak to management first to see if it can be rectified. No sense being on vacation and not enjoying it because you feel service is subpar. Perhaps they can correct it

And yet, I can continue to tip as I see fit without anyone's approval. Win win.

If you get less service than I, and it doesn't bother you, it's a win win for you.

Almost like finding out you have the same accommodations as the person next to you, but you paid $350 more for it.

You are adding nonsense. We all know that twice a day service is the standard.